+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Human Race Devolving........

Otaku Heartless_mage may be famous one day Heartless_mage may be famous one day Heartless_mage's Avatar
    Thanks

Human Race Devolving........

i saw a movie recently (not saying any names) that brought up a very good point that may hit home with a very large number of ppl that r active members of ao........jk............

it stated that darwins theory of evolution is that basically the smarter and the stronger animals of a species will continue to evolve as the slower and less intelligent species begin to die off.........

well isnt the opposite happening with the human species 2day.........the majority of men and women that are smarter and would have the biggest impact on the human gene pool, would be classified as the unattractive and least likely to "mate", while the more good looking dim witted males (lyke myself..........) are the ones that are actually out there mating lyke jack rabbits at a pretty ricky concert.............

basically my question is this........do u believe that with the ongoing rate of "wrong mating" that is happening 2day.........the human race may actually be devolving............

Click here to be Myspace groupies......lol
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)This is the Bunny Lord. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(")signature to help him gain world domination

Legendary Otaku divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Human Race Devolving........

Quote Originally Posted by Heartless_mage View Post
    i saw a movie recently (not saying any names) that brought up a very good point that may hit home with a very large number of ppl that r active members of ao........jk............

it stated that darwins theory of evolution is that basically the smarter and the stronger animals of a species will continue to evolve as the slower and less intelligent species begin to die off.........

well isnt the opposite happening with the human species 2day.........the majority of men and women that are smarter and would have the biggest impact on the human gene pool, would be classified as the unattractive and least likely to "mate", while the more good looking dim witted males (lyke myself..........) are the ones that are actually out there mating lyke jack rabbits at a pretty ricky concert.............

basically my question is this........do u believe that with the ongoing rate of "wrong mating" that is happening 2day.........the human race may actually be devolving............
    I don't know; I happen to think I'm both intelligent and mildly attractive. For every nerdy guy there's an equally nerdy girl . . . or at least that's what I'm hoping. I think we're devolving because we are letting our bodies go to waste. Gone are the days of the Greeks where training was eternal. The only parts of our bodies that get excercised now are our fingers. It's a shame.

~jUsT sMiLe~ _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_'s Avatar
    Thanks

I can see where your going, but prehaps even it's the opposite?

you say divine_punish is that we are 'going to waste' (which is prehaps true, I don't disagree with u there), but maybe looking at Evolution..it's just natural selection? Those who sit on there butts all day will just die out ( gene pool will disappear) and those who are healthier will live on to pass on genes or evolve.

or even (which I hate to think so) it is just another phase of evolution where we are adapting to the technology around us. The possibilities are endless.

but as for what you said heartless_mage I think I disagree a bit, because..not all "ugly" people don't mate and not all "good looking' people a dim witts. You can also have ugly and dumb people as well. I guess what I'm getting at is that it's totally random, I dont think that 'devolving' as anything to do with your looks or how smart you are

and prehaps it's not even devolving, because wouldn't that mean we are going backwards? Becoming Nethrandrals again? I would just call it evolution anyway? because evolution has a lot to do with adaptation, environment, populations etc etc. Who knows, if your right hearless_mage then prehaps the future of homo sapians is some dim witted evolutionary verson of us XD Or maybe if we are lucky we have enough power over the gene pool with all the technology we have that we don't have to worry about what we will become ( prehaps stopped evolution of humans all together?)

..yeah.. I really thought about this one..XD

Devoted Otaku Shodokan may be famous one day Shodokan may be famous one day Shodokan's Avatar
    Thanks

This isn't what you're talking about. But lots of human beings are surviving with deformities and illnesses when in the past they would have died off or be killed forcibly. An example I could think of is someone with a severe skin disorder surviving into adult hood when they would have died as a young child. Or a child born with a genetic defect that would be mistaken as a troll or a monster and killed.

You's Trollin Pro Leafblower Champion, Helicopter Champion ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Heartless_mage View Post

I always thought that all species of animals keep evolving unless a big impact on their environment, food supply, life style etc makes it difficult for evolution to take place.

Ugly people with huge amounts of money get to mate with the prettiest girls you can ever imagined for example; Flavor Flave, 50 cents etc. Unless, you happen to be a poor ugly guy chances of getting laid and settle down are 5 out of 10.

Otaku Heartless_mage may be famous one day Heartless_mage may be famous one day Heartless_mage's Avatar
    Thanks

divine punishment: i meant more along the lines mentally........because its a proven fact that we as a species are becoming more "fragile"...........

and i c wat u all r tlking about.........but those are concentrated cases............and i hate to stereotype......but the majority of really intelligent guys i kno.......wouldnt be classified as the the handsome.....same with girls......tho there are some....... they are widely outnumbered........

(\__/)

Rawr~ :3 Boxteroid Champion, flyplane Champion, Home Run Champion, Bubbelfutsch Champion, Fire Fighter Champion, Brendans Soccer Champion, Movie Star Match-Up Champion, Total blackout Champion, Text Your Reflexes Champion, Scary movie Champion, Hulk Smash Up Champion, Star Wars Champion, Extreme Snowboarding Champion, Air Disc Champion, Action Fish Champion, A Game Of 3 Halves Champion, Battleball Champion, Hacky Sack Champion, FAD 2003 Champion, SQRL Golf Champion, Dr Yeckyl and Mr Ride Champion, Sky Glide Champion, Flyer Champion, Finnair Champion, Drachenjagd Champion, Canyon Glider Champion, City Surfing Champion, Action Driving Game Champion, Extreme Rowing Champion, Kardahdg Champion, Acceleracers Track Mod Champion, Final Test Champion, Du Wichtel Champion, Pedal Power Champion, Camera Killer 2 Champion, Bike Mania on ICE Champion, ATV Winter Challenge Champion, Caliber Dash Champion, Diesel and Death Champion, Snow Ride Champion, Camera Killer Champion, Pepsi Jet Ski Champion, Bumper Cars Championship Champion, Drifting Champion, Get A Grip Champion, Rooney on the Rampage Champion, Death To Ninja Champion, Kung Fu Hustle 2 Champion, Muay Thai Champion, Metal Arm FAWEGE Champion, Knife Champion, Classroom Fighter Champion, Nobuyuki Forces 3 Champion, Caddeva Champion, Sewer Dweller Champion, Angel Mart Champion, Snowy Champion, Bola Champion, Boiler Room Champion, Bobcat Champion, Amazon Quest Champion, Booty Champion, Five Errors Champion, Mind Your Marbles Champion, Angel Fruit Champion, Binggrae Champion, Candy Shoot Champion, Imperial tiles Champion, Himalayaya - Yeti Strikes Back Champion, Terrorist Attack Champion, Americas Army Champion, Special Operations Champion, Destroy the robots Champion, Cubicle Warfare Champion, Battle Field Champion, Weapons Dealer Champion, Army Copter Champion, Flat War Champion, Terrorist Alert Champion, Bully Basher Champion, Reaktor Champion, Bungee Rescue Champion, The Contraptor Champion, Boris Champion, Carling Cold Champion, Paddleball Champion RayMe is making a name for themselves RayMe is making a name for themselves RayMe's Avatar
    Not somewhere I love but I am glad I have a home so far
    Thanks

Hmmm... it does seem so... but im not sure if its because of the "wrong mating".. but it's an interesting theory ^^ kinda remind me of the movie... Knocked Up.. sheesh

Well...it is even stated that humans become more dumb as one of the judgement day's sign in my religion.. and it is true...there are more dumb ones out there..

Legion Ketsueki Lives on~!!
    I'm BACK AO!
    >>>facebook<<<

Thanks

didnt wanna have to put this here but..........

YouTube - idiocracy intro

enjoy.....this is wat sparked this whole thought 4 me.........

(\__/)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast