+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Human Race Devolving........

Otaku Lupas is off to a good start
    Thanks

Re: Human Race Devolving........

Quote Originally Posted by Heartless_mage View Post
    i saw a movie recently (not saying any names) that brought up a very good point that may hit home with a very large number of ppl that r active members of ao........jk............

it stated that darwins theory of evolution is that basically the smarter and the stronger animals of a species will continue to evolve as the slower and less intelligent species begin to die off.........

well isnt the opposite happening with the human species 2day.........the majority of men and women that are smarter and would have the biggest impact on the human gene pool, would be classified as the unattractive and least likely to "mate", while the more good looking dim witted males (lyke myself..........) are the ones that are actually out there mating lyke jack rabbits at a pretty ricky concert.............

basically my question is this........do u believe that with the ongoing rate of "wrong mating" that is happening 2day.........the human race may actually be devolving............
    honnestly we don't think we're animals, we're always placing ourselves above (what we call) lower life forms. Are we really? whales, dolphins, & sharks millions of years on us dogs as smart as childeren. every other animal works w/ nature we work against her. Devolution is not my concern extintion is what happen when a species over populates an area?

Fish Fingers & Custard Ice Hockey Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Mini Putt 3 Champion, Ant Tracks Champion, Jungle Hunt Champion, Madnetics Champion, Manole Champion, Blokken Champion, Fast Food Fiasco Champion, Shapes Hifters Champion, Mud and Blood: Vietnam Champion HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice's Avatar
    someplace where the only light is the moon above
    Thanks

this reminds me of a song * in the year 2525* is talks about
    how we will be so advanced our legs and arms will just wither
    and go limp from not using them , and this point is starting to be realised
    as people use the Internet more for meeting ,starting home based businesses
    etc.

we are not really devolving we are just getting to the point
    where we don't have to be as active because of advancements
    in technology which making us slower physically , i think also that
    in the next 20 years we will see more people meeting online than in person
    as the PC age gets more popular which it will .

and as for mating habits i see us devolving in the way where
    people go by what you look like and what kind of life style you
    live , and not be sci-fi but with how things are going i see man kind
    actually cutting sex out of life totaly and just going to the local
    sperm bank for a baby where they can choose what they want
    there child to be like .

if it sounds like I'm a bit off I'm not because i look at
    the hole picture and see us becoming more lazy about things.
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and all your demons
    I'll be the one to protect you from a will to survive and a voice of reason
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and your choices son
    They're one in the same, I must isolate you...
    Isolate and save you from yourself

Otaku nightboyz may be famous one day nightboyz may be famous one day nightboyz's Avatar
    Thanks

Think back to the past (I hope no one failed history) when people were semple minded and didn't have what we have to day. Back the people would run for there lives insted for fun like today. As time gos on we will be more advanced and need to move less. Evolution dosen't mean being stronger just how we turn out. If somthing is to devolve that would require time (not itself) to go backwards.
    Kamen Rider....DECADE!!!

Otaku Mini Pool 2 Champion, England turkey bowling Champion Namida Goddess may be famous one day Namida Goddess may be famous one day Namida Goddess's Avatar
    Thanks

i don't think that the decline in intelligence has to do with who mates with whom, it is the always changing value and priority system

anti-semantics Pub Quiz Champion tsurara may be famous one day tsurara may be famous one day tsurara's Avatar
    Thanks

Who is to say intelligence is any more evolutionary-sound than strength, sexuality, fertility, "good looks", resistance to disease, etc? Generally we are attracted to those who are healthy, financially sound, and posess traits that we want to pass on to our children.

It's true that we value intelligence greatly, but perhaps we've reached the point where intelligence doesn't pose any great advantage in the ability to survive? The stupidest human is already more intelligent than most other animals. And in reality: many very intelligent human beings are lacking in other areas...

Evolution is not guided by any particular universal standard. It's guided by mutation, selection and the choices that certain members of the species make when breeding, migrating, eating, etc.

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

well, i think that humans are just adapting to the environment they created...

since we made machines to do work for us, we no longer have the need to use our muscles so much, resulting in tubiness!

Newbie Truth may be famous one day Truth may be famous one day Truth's Avatar
    Thanks

Well, your idea is interesting. But the thing is not everyone who extremely intelligent is unattractive. For instance, i'm considered quite attractive by girls and i'm intelligent.

Otaku Meji Imaru may be famous one day Meji Imaru may be famous one day Meji Imaru's Avatar
    Thanks

You raise an interesting concept. Myself being an inquisitive mind as of late would love to do a study on this and unfortunately I'm only a teenager with not enough funding to do so. I cannot say for sure but, here is my opinion.

I think that it's partially true, depending on your perspective and believe me, I've got five different perspectives right of the bat. First off, man how am I suppose to articulate my thoughts, its 1:30 am. Getting off topic already, anyway >_< My true opinion.

I think that yes it's true, 'wrong mating' as you so eloquently put it is definately happening if the object of the race is to advance in the mind. Conversely if looks are what one wishes to beg, it's not. In today's society you can be a brain dead monkey but if you where the proverbial suit and tie you'll mate and thus produce offspring of the same genre.
    Although, it does seem to be becoming fashionable to be bi-sexual or gay/lesbian. I suppose it's not entirely bad as the mating needs a much needed standstill for a while though, I suppose thats off subject too. Women and I can't stress this enough, always cry for the nice guy, though when they find this nice guy what they don't realize is his stereo-typical geek-like clothing and shy personality that comes with it and think, even if its subconsciously, that they don't want that in their kids, or, it would be too much work to reform him. Even when it's only a JC Penny trip away. I'm the rebel of my school though at sixteen years of age, I don't look that bad but I'm crazy intelligent and yet, still no girl has ever confronted me or asked me if I'd like to do anything, or even befriend me(with the exception of a few friends that could never be any more). This leads me to believe at least one single definite answer.

People ostracize the intellectuals. Once they see your smarter they feel threatened. I think that people who are smarter get a tough break. Conversely I do not think handsome/cute people get a free sex ticket. Even though it seems that way in my school.

From another perspective I think that it does not happen as I stated earlier. Indeed the strongest are surviving, what the human mind doesn't comprehend yet is to what end? Why the strongest? Why the most burly men? We have little need in todays technological world of advancements. No longer does man need to hunt, just raise and pull a trigger. We need thinkers in todays society, ones who can create cures for diseases, ones whom can strategically analyze the situation and then come up with a counter-decision. People who start debates like this with an open mind and a want to understand more. Not sadistic emo's, not tanned rippling bodies, but people with heart, soul, and compassion to do whats needed for the greater good of the race.

So, I ask both women and men, why can't you see that? Why?

Whoah, man did I get overly-enthusiastic or what? Sorry for the little motivational speech there >_< The topic struck a cord I suppose.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast