+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Human Respect

anti-semantics Pub Quiz Champion tsurara may be famous one day tsurara may be famous one day tsurara's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Human Respect

Humans are, by nature, self-centered.

Religion, morals, education and manners are designed to keep us in check.

Unfortunately we seem to have forgotten that in order to reap the benefits of respect: we need to also practice it in reguard to others.

People need to learn to take a punch without punching back; hurt without hurting; believe something while recognizing there's a chance it may not be true; and do things for others without necesarily expecting anything in return.

We have become a society of entitlement and absolutes.

That's our problem... as a species.

Otaku Arukih may be famous one day Arukih may be famous one day Arukih's Avatar
    Thanks

well in my poin of view humans never going to change, "we" didnt change a bit when it comes to morals, we just have been hide then and I dont believe that we going to change it someday!

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Please! It's been the same since before many of us have been born!

I live with a 52 year old man, who is pretty much like a father to me. We've shared stories of our youth (I'm 27, so I can say that) and he's told me stories that are quite similar to stories I've shared with people around my age. He's told me things about people in the past that would probably blow your mind.

Teenagers always have been rude toward one another... ALWAYS! It's in their nature. Now, I won't say ALL teens, because there are those rare gems. The children who know well enough to show some respect toward others. But for the most part, teens have always picked on eachother, tried to be the center of attention and have had massive god-complexes.

Teens toward adults: That's ALWAYS been the same. What teenager feels like they should listen to an old guy? I know I used to think that way. >_<

Adults toward adults: Heh, that's a funny subject. Adults are two-faced as hell. Not all, but a vast majority of them. They're all smiles and have noses full of brown, but when they about face (turn around), they're like, "I can't stand that piece of sh*t!" Adults think that they can do or say whatever they want--regardless of laws--in their earlier years and then just become these jack-asses who are only nice to save face or get a promotion. (I'm glad I'm not, nor have I ever been, one of those adults) I AM, however, one of those adults that think they know everything. LOL.

Seniors toward anyone younger: They're only mean when they have to be. They try to teach the younger generations something to carry on to the future, to learn from the mistakes of elders. But most of the time, nobody (including adults) will listen. Even if it's not about life in general. My mother--from what it looks like to me--doesn't really listen to my grandmother unless it's important. Otherwise, you just hear, "Uh, huh. Oh... Okay... Uh, huh..."

The world would be a much better place if each person could take a refresher course in respect and understanding. Which brings me to my next point. Respect comes from understanding and understanding comes from respect. You gotta give to receive and vice versa. Y'know, the old golden rule.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to atomik_sprout For This Useful Post:

Joe Mage (Jan 19, 2008)

Mage of Eternity Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by atomik_sprout View Post
    Please! It's been the same since before many of us have been born!

I live with a 52 year old man, who is pretty much like a father to me. We've shared stories of our youth (I'm 27, so I can say that) and he's told me stories that are quite similar to stories I've shared with people around my age. He's told me things about people in the past that would probably blow your mind.

Teenagers always have been rude toward one another... ALWAYS! It's in their nature. Now, I won't say ALL teens, because there are those rare gems. The children who know well enough to show some respect toward others. But for the most part, teens have always picked on eachother, tried to be the center of attention and have had massive god-complexes.

Teens toward adults: That's ALWAYS been the same. What teenager feels like they should listen to an old guy? I know I used to think that way. >_<

Adults toward adults: Heh, that's a funny subject. Adults are two-faced as hell. Not all, but a vast majority of them. They're all smiles and have noses full of brown, but when they about face (turn around), they're like, "I can't stand that piece of sh*t!" Adults think that they can do or say whatever they want--regardless of laws--in their earlier years and then just become these jack-asses who are only nice to save face or get a promotion. (I'm glad I'm not, nor have I ever been, one of those adults) I AM, however, one of those adults that think they know everything. LOL.

Seniors toward anyone younger: They're only mean when they have to be. They try to teach the younger generations something to carry on to the future, to learn from the mistakes of elders. But most of the time, nobody (including adults) will listen. Even if it's not about life in general. My mother--from what it looks like to me--doesn't really listen to my grandmother unless it's important. Otherwise, you just hear, "Uh, huh. Oh... Okay... Uh, huh..."

The world would be a much better place if each person could take a refresher course in respect and understanding. Which brings me to my next point. Respect comes from understanding and understanding comes from respect. You gotta give to receive and vice versa. Y'know, the old golden rule.
    I was about ta say somethin' very similar ta this, but atomik beat me ta it. He absolutely correct on this one, it has always been this way. I used ta get picked on and shown lotsa disrespect as a teen; by my peers, adults, and even the elderly. However, as an adult, it hasn' been as bad as when I was a kid or teen, but it still happens. U have impatient, self-centered, self-rightous ppl out there who feel that others should respect them; but don' feel that they should have the same courtesy in return. It's been this way for ages, but that doesn' mean that they r all that way. Next time u encounter an elderly person, jus' say hello; u'd be surprised by their reaction. It's a two-way street out there, give a little and u will recieve.

Sanity doesn't exist, it's just an excuse cooked up by crazy people to justify their actions. My myspace page: www.myspace.com/joemage

byakugan Barn Break Champion, Dino Rennen Champion, Block Buster Champion, Portal Champion, Quick Brick Champion cantsenditback is off to a good start cantsenditback's Avatar
    Thanks

I'd assume that respect come with age. Guess that theory is out the window. There is only a few who have respect today. People have respect for other people,its just for everyone that receive it or not. Either you get respect or not getting respect.
    This world is corrupt
    Save tonight and fight the break of dawn
    I am so alone, I got no one to talk to, please help me

Nisou Tenshi Hot Shots Champion, Elroy Learns To Fly Champion, Daves Castle Hunt Champion, Mom-Jongg! Champion, Uncle Sam Champion Priestess Angel may be famous one day Priestess Angel may be famous one day Priestess Angel's Avatar
    Thanks

As some others have pointed out, this time and age really isn’t much different from any other time and age behavioral wise. A lot of people like to think that we are much more horrible now then a hundred years ago but that simply isn’t the case. If you look back into history and look into what was going on in any sort of time period it’s easy to see that they were just as crazy as we are now. So I honestly don’t think teen, adult, or elderly behavior has changed through time. I think there have always been stubborn, rebellious teens, irresponsible adults, and grouchy senior citizens who seem to have something against the teen population. If you don’t believe read some historical biographies and you’ll what I mean. You don’t even have to buy a book. Just go to Wikipedia and read some random historical person’s page. I’ll bet you anything that they weren’t always a saint. Or better yet, talk to your parents and grandparents and see if you don’t see some similarities.

Otaku yumyum92 may be famous one day yumyum92 may be famous one day yumyum92's Avatar
    Thanks

umm...
    ahhh
    i don think its lack of respect. personally i believe its just more of we don really think. we kinda just do without thinking or when we do think we think that most ppl are like us. so if we cant feel the pain or something we don understand why they put up such a fuss. take for example my friends. i have 3 huge bruises that are finally fading from my friend alisa just randomly punching me in the arm. she does it without thinking. because thats just how our friends play. i was watching 5 of my friends forming a mosh pit in the middle of the living room floor...
    i think its also more if we do something we think is funny, we automatically assume that the other ppl thinks it is to..
    idk thats just my opinion...
    and btw i think that it just depends on the old ppl your talking to or about

92% of teens moved to rap. if u are part of the 8% that rock out every day, put this on your sig.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2