+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: I have a Dream!!!

Newbie 59wayz is off to a good start 59wayz's Avatar
    Thanks

I have a Dream!!!

I'm going to make this topic short and sweet. It just dawned on me for some reason lol.

If Martin Luther King Jr. had lived and ran for president. Would you have vote for him?

Chtonian Slayer Astaroth may be famous one day Astaroth's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: I have a Dream!!!

Yep...he definitely has my vote......
    I just remember how many reports and essays I had to write about him when I was back in high and middle school for my African American and regular history.....
    He was a great man and he changed the thinking of a lot of people...and no wonder he is seen as an icon and a legend........
    DO NOT MAKE ME UNLEASH MY INNER DEMON

Otaku Marcel_C may be famous one day Marcel_C may be famous one day Marcel_C's Avatar
    Thanks

I most definitely would vote for him! He is a great man of great knowledge, wisdom, and honor! Why wouldn't anyone vote for him? (other than the obvious racists) We all have read and heard about all his exploits and amazing accomplishments. We all basically know how amazing the man was! GOT MY VOTE!

What I'm watching Right Now:

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble

Having been alive during this period of US history, I would not have voted for Martin Luther King for President. Asides from the fact that he would have had ZERO chances of becoming President (due to the wide spread racial discrimination of the era...), MLK basically had a one issue agenda, with no stated opinions on more important issues of the time, such as the US involvement in the Vietnam war, the nuclear arms race and defense against/confrontation with the Soviet Union, etc...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Newbie Alondra is off to a good start Alondra's Avatar
    Thanks

I would have to say yes! He was a rightous man, who had so much compassion for his people, his country and his beliefs of how every man is created eqaul and the power he had to make a difference still lives on to this day and I think that he would have done a wonderful job in office, if given the chance!!

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Lightbulb Re: I have a Dream!!!

Quote Originally Posted by LenMiyata View Post
    Grumble Grumble Grumble

Having been alive during this period of US history, I would not have voted for Martin Luther King for President. Asides from the fact that he would have had ZERO chances of becoming President (due to the wide spread racial discrimination of the era...), MLK basically had a one issue agenda, with no stated opinions on more important issues of the time, such as the US involvement in the Vietnam war, the nuclear arms race and defense against/confrontation with the Soviet Union, etc...
    I agree with Miyata-senpai on this subject. We had many more problems to deal with in the US at the time, besides the civil rights movement. War, weapons of mass destruction, the threat of an attack... These were our countries main concern back then. If you ran the country back then, which would be your top priority? Participating in--and quite possibly--ending a war, or worry about the rights of people whom our country felt weren't truly human to begin with?

Yes! MLK did WONDERFUL things for this country. He was a great leader and an excellent example to everyone here. He was a wise, caring and loving man who wanted nothing but the best for not only Black Americans, but for the entire population! He was one of the most influential Black men in US history! But I don't think--nor do I think HE thought--he would be presidential material. He had no relavent experience in politics. Well, none really.

Either way you look at it, he was assasinated when he wasn't concerned about being president; he probably would've been killed if he WAS president. We didn't have rights like that anyway, so he wouldn't have gotten far.

It is an interesting idea though.

Newbie 59wayz is off to a good start 59wayz's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LenMiyata View Post
    Grumble Grumble Grumble

You see you fail to look at what he actually stood for. He actually did act out against Vietnam. He fought for more then just racial issues. He was just more known for the racial issues. If your going to make a statement like that you should at least make sure you know what your talking about before you decide to say it. MLK's dream was just racially. It was for all people. No matter race religion creed or even lifestyle. His dream was for all people to be treated equally. Not just that though. He wanted us a human beings to be able to get along and come together as one. He wanted no violence for all. Meaning a world of peace. He wanted a utopia for everyone and anyone. Yet everyone says it was for racial discrimination. Do you really think JFK would of backed him if he was just all about the black people. No he wouldn't. Because MLK was like JFK and JFK was like MLK. Only difference was their skin tone. So do you really think that he would of been a bad president knowing that he wanted to give us the same as every other president. Freedom and equality. He would for sure have my vote. I believe he would of been what we needed to make the US a better place forever.

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

In my view, Mr. King would have been able to achieve far more from the opposition side than as a ruler. Kinda like Ghandi. So having him as a president would in fact be detrimental to his success.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast