There has been some discussion about what will and will not happen now that the Democratic party has everything except a super majority (60%) in the Senate. Soooo... lets put it plainly. What do you think will have happened in 4 years? Get your prediction in, explain why, discuss! Then lets come back in a few years and see who was right or wrong.
A little game of what if, my predictions are....
1) Taxes will be higher.Now that they have a majority many Congressional Democrats are downgrading the income level from $250,000 to as low as $120,000 for higher taxes which does include just about every small business instead of just the top 5%. Also there has been a decided reluctance to keep the Bush tax cuts and I doubt they will be renewed which means higher taxes for everyone! Yay!2) The deficit will increase.This would seem to be a no brainer but the last time the Congress thought they finally had things under control there was a run on spending instead of paying things down. Quite honestly unless there is a reformation of how the banking system and money printing is changed I doubt it could ever be fixed and I don't see any reason the present Congress will do it.3) Energy prices will go up again, significantly.Obama has said he intends to tax the coal industry out of bussiness. While such bills are up to the Congress if they give him what he wants there is no way our energy prices won't skyrocket.
Well there is three of mine. Anyone else game?
I believe that within two to four years, if Obama is unable to improve economic conditions, Republicans will reclaim a majority Congress, further making Obama's attempts to improve the country even harder, if not impossible. I also believe taxes will be higher and that our overall debt will be higher, this is all assuming Obama employs his current plans as promised. I also believe we will still have a presence in Iraq, unfortunately.
Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.
1) Deficit will increase for the first two years, and if the government truly makes an effort to decrease that number it will slowly work is way back down from the astronomical number we have now.
2) The deficit will come from spending on infrastructure among other things to stimulate the market by creating jobs. More money will be spent on public education and affordable health care.
3) Until the next election, the Democrats will get a lot of things done (for better or for worse) without much gridlock. Hopefully that will get us going on the Science side of things, without too much interference from religious groups.
4) The Obama administration will strongly consider many of Senator McCain's recommendations, such as nuclear power and drilling in our own backyard.
5) The Republican party will also see a youth movement, and restore balance to the House and Senate. However, they will not panic and their core principles remain the same.
6) Gays and Lesbians will still be fighting for progress.
7) We won't be able to see the next president cuz it's already 2012.
'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
'Cause someday I might call you from my heart
Grumble Grumble Grumble
FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku
I forgot one.
4. Russia and/or China will invade at least one other country. They've shown interest in it before and you can be sure they will try and see if they can get away with it now.
Which brings me to:
5. The far left lobby groups are going to make huge demands on the Democratic Congress and President Obama and if they don't give in to them will try and throw them out.
taxes will go up reguardless of who is pres. and bush has severly f*cked things up so badly im not sure they ca be fixed in 4 years
but at least theres not another old white man in office
clearly that hasnt worked for us very often
im really doin this!! start making money today! <a href="http://www.fusioncash.net/?ref=ke101544"><img src="http://www.fusioncash.net/sig.php/0e40e75b752dx3.png" alt="Free Money at FusionCash!" title="Free Money at FusionCash!" border="0"></a>
In The Next Four Years... This Might Happen.
1: Taxes will increase a lott!
2: Everything might be all eco- friendly!
3: Technology will probably be improved by a lot then it is now.
4: Every one might use bio-fuel for their cars instead of gasoline.
Vampire Freaks☠I am not going 2 be on for awhile... ☠