+ Reply to Thread

Thread: ICR( Internet crimes)

S.E.L - sexy etna lover Baal may be famous one day Baal may be famous one day Baal's Avatar
    Thanks

ICR( Internet crimes)

It is estimated that around 33% of the UK population are now online and nearly 5 million children are using the Internet. Chat is particularly popular among young users, especially those services provided through the major web portals and on individual websites. It offers the facility for instant and realtime access to people of all ages and backgrounds from across the world, and enables children and adults alike to interact on a level playing field, regardless of many of the social, cultural, religious, geographical or potentially discriminatory obstacles which may inhibit them offline.

However, it is essential to recognise that this facility can also be abused by a criminal minority to make contact with children with a view to establishing and developing a sexual relationship with them in the ‘real world’. Such relationships can then be pursued through other media such as instant messaging, email and mobile telephones.

Risk assessment studies have identified the most likely targets of ‘online enticement’ (children being approached and groomed by paedophiles on the Internet) as being teenagers, mainly girls, between the ages of 13 and 17.

The relative scale of the risk of children being approached in this way via the Internet is extremely difficult to establish. Evidence from the United States and the UK, provided by actual incidents and cases as well as from supporting research, does appear to indicate a growth in criminal activity of this nature over recent years. It is also important to note that the number of known cases to date is currently very low in proportion to the rapidly growing rate of Internet use, and that the danger of online solicitation by a stranger is thought to be relatively much lower than offline risk from someone known to the victim.

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' '''''''''''''
    How do people can actually fall to this trick on the internet?
    What do u think people gotta do for there safety?
    u trust with the people that u talk online but
    do u think there telling the truth of who there trully are.
    tell me ur opinions about the ICR's

perdoname michelle!

Legendary Otaku Violent may be famous one day Violent may be famous one day Violent's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: ICR( Internet crimes)

Only old lonley men do this and its very sad... to target girls that are like 30-40 years younger I mean really how sick can you get? O.o If I was being stalked geez I'd call the coppers

THE RULES!

I'm on my grind in search to find whats on my mind, its one of a kind!

Otaku Schwarze may be famous one day Schwarze may be famous one day Schwarze's Avatar
    Thanks

So the cases generally still low compared to high rate of internet technology advance... I'ts kinda relieved to hear. And yet, Ther's no such law to limit the internet users. In the future, this issue can be the imminent danger.

Lives link to one another, and the world continues...

Community Dude Asteroids Champion dude101 may be famous one day dude101 may be famous one day dude101's Avatar
    Thanks

yeah.. i would presume that the number would be small, cause the web is such a large place and unless the pedifilers are close they have no hope at all.. unless they get the kids to do everything online. *shivers* i hope that doesn't happen that often either..

after that being said
    well firstly i would guess they could meet at a website or in a chatroom, or even through friends. but how they would fall to this trick, well honestly anyone could fall victim nomatter how smart u are. i mean they 'pervert' would most likely create a false identiy (pretty easy using the internet) to target the general victims ages and stuff. after chatting to the victim for some time and once they have a strong bond, thats when the 'pervert' would get them to do such degrading acts.

well firstly i don't think there is much u can do, honestly i will just give the other person the benifit of the doubt. however once they start asking things that are unreasonable and if they decide to meet up with and u only known them for about half a yr. then that when the alarm bells should start ringing and block them immediantly. but after that said, each person must make there decisions. and not every1 can make the right one so yeah, u can never be truely safe.

u trust with the people that u talk online but
    do u think there telling the truth of who there trully are.
    do i always think they are telling the truth?
    well i would be lieing if i said that i have my doubt, but thats only cause ppl always lie every now and then. its human nature. but i don't think they would miss lead me in any way. but hey how can tell these things.. but for me a will always give them the benifit, and i will believe any1 straight from the word go. unless they seem to be 'mining' u for information and not giving any back.
    Last edited by dude101; Sep 23, 2006 at 02:48 AM.

Bored college student fayt lingod may be famous one day fayt lingod may be famous one day fayt lingod's Avatar
    Thanks

i agree on all parts ^. those were very good points. if only my mom could give you guys the benefit of the doubt, she thinks that everyone online is a pervert and a soliciter. it anoys the crap outa me.

thanks to zyta for the sick sig and avy!

Messenger of Despair Hive Hero Champion dark angel swordsman may be famous one day dark angel swordsman may be famous one day dark angel swordsman's Avatar
    Thanks

for some reason, i just trust them automatically...but i never tell them where i love. no matter how much i trust them.
    http://www.animeonline.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=7987&dateline=1181515  689
    I won't let this world exist without me! If I die, we all die! / Avatar & Signature by anime_8000.

Otaku Lil_G135 may be famous one day Lil_G135 may be famous one day Lil_G135's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Violent View Post
    Only old lonley men do this and its very sad... to target girls that are like 30-40 years younger I mean really how sick can you get? O.o If I was being stalked geez I'd call the coppers
    Heh, but it's not only old and/or lonely men who do so... young men, 'happily married' men, women, other teens of both sexes, etc, etc, are all a part of this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Baal
    Oh there's a number of ways. At the top of my head...The chatroom/forum doesn't follow the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) guidelines and lets restricted children join in... or the person could lack or disregard precautions given to them... or even the attacker/ee is a considerably good actor/ress so the other person can't really tell.

But like so many other things, to find the answer to a "how-?" question, you could simply try put yourself in the attacker and/or the victim's shoes.

Quote Originally Posted by Baal
    If younger children simply must be in chatrooms and forums, they should be monitered, and taught what to give and not give out to strangers. Refraining from getting into relationships until a certain age would also help, and even then they shouldn't get ahead of themselves. If a person can't tell someone about this significant other and/or has to sneak around to go actually meet this person, perhaps they should really reevaluate the relationship...

There are other ways as well, and I might come back to add some more
    Music is my santuary, music is my blanket
    三日坊主*傍目八目*外柔内剛

Newbie doesntmatter23 may be famous one day doesntmatter23 may be famous one day doesntmatter23's Avatar
    Thanks

Bad thing about the internet is connections towards everyone. It can cause terrorist planning and such...

+ Reply to Thread