+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Ideal Age for Marriage?

Lost in confusion Tetrix 2 v2 Champion Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy's Avatar
    In my imagination restricted by British Society!
    Thanks

Re: Ideal Age for Marriage?

For me begin a brit i think that the age for marriage should be like 21 because when you get into your 20's you are treated like an adult and you are able to stand on your own two feet and are ready to face the world. During your teenage years you are mostly still learning about things and going through education to give you that kind of bump start.

I did start a thread about this in another forum and people did give some great comments. This topic is one that will usually get me thinking about how sometimes teenagers these are rushing into adult hood and not enjoying their time as a child. I wish that i had more fun as a child but i didn't try to grow up fast. I didn't want to be a teenage mother like my cousins who by the time they hit their 20's they already had four kids.

I wanted marrige to be something special and something i will cherish for the rest of my life with the one true person i love with all my heart. And the time will come when i feel it is right for me to be able to married. The time being when i am in a stable relationship, in a good job (which hopefully will be teaching) and then when we are living together and feel the time is right.
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    | Sazzy-Bu.co.uk | My Deviant Art | Anime Vector | Otaku Zen | My Twitter | My Tumblr | My last.fm |

5.00 M33-6 solking may be famous one day solking may be famous one day solking's Avatar
    Thanks

Yes I agree with Dancy_Saz. I almost got married at the age of 18 and I was not ready for it. Everyone is different. But the question shouldn't be what age we should be but what level of maturity should we obtain before getting married. Because I know a few guys i their 30's and still aren't ready for marrage.

Lost in confusion Tetrix 2 v2 Champion Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy's Avatar
    In my imagination restricted by British Society!
    Thanks

i agree with Solking!!! that is very true.

Its like when you hear stories about a young teenager mother who can't cope with dealing with things in her own lofe let a lone be able to cope with being a mother. They try to join in with the crowd of having sex with someone and don't use any protection. Compared to a couple in a stable relationship where both parents are mature enough to cope with have a child and will try their best to support and that guide their child in all the ways they can.
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    | Sazzy-Bu.co.uk | My Deviant Art | Anime Vector | Otaku Zen | My Twitter | My Tumblr | My last.fm |

Otaku B.a.n.g.B.a.n.g. may be famous one day B.a.n.g.B.a.n.g. may be famous one day B.a.n.g.B.a.n.g.'s Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lil_G135

My questions are:

What do you believe is the ideal age to get married?

Should the age limit be the same for men and women?

Do you believe it is alright for a person to get married before the age of 18?

What are your views on child marriage?

Should the Age of Consent be any different than the Marriagable Age?

And if it's not too personal, how old were your own parents when (and if) they married?

I hope it's understood some of these include "why or why not?" to get some discussion going on ^^

*edit*Though it's the same as the Marriagable age for some countries, when I say 'Age of Consent' I mean the age when you're allowed to have sex with another person without it being considered statutory rape or such things like it.

A map I found on the Age of Consent of the world. It does vary in specific places, but this is just a general overview. You can see a bigger version here. (If there have been recent changes in the law or you just know this map has it totally wrong for your country, please say so and I'll take note of it here ^^)

*edit II* Child marriages can be arrange marriage, marriage under the age of 18 and/or marriage specifically at preteen age (12) and below (because some countries and religions now practice that sort of thing, as well as people back in the past).

(courtesy of junika for some questions=))
    I believe the ideal age to get married is around the late late twenties and thirties for most or fourties.....

This is because by then you are mature enough to handle someone else in your life and i dunno...it just seems right... ^ ^;;

and as for your second question...why shouldn't it? what is the difference between men and women?...if they are in love..why not get married? i don't think the age limit should differ....

um...i don't believe its right for a person to get married before the age of 18...its just...weird. I mean...they're not even legal yet?..how can they afford to get married?..i mean..if they're in love they can afford to wait, can't they? anyways..no i don't think its right for a couple of the age under 18 should get married...even if one of them are 18 or over...they can wait for their partner to "grow up" ^ ^

hmm..child marriage..... .///. no comment?

as for the age of consent and age of marriage....umm....age of marriage i already gave my views on that...but as for the first one...i think its their life whether or not the couple wants to get "physical"...soooo....yeah.... =]

Thankx Pyro, for this awesome sig! ^ ^

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4