+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: If Age Is Nothing But A Number, Why Do People Lie About It?

abc
    Newbie abc is off to a good start abc's Avatar
    Thanks

If Age Is Nothing But A Number, Why Do People Lie About It?

This weekend ive had this conversation with my neighbour's friend, He told me that age is nothing but a number is how healthy you look for your age. Now i agreed on the health part, but i disagreed on the age thing. If age was nothing but a nimber, why do people lie abouth their ages. If age WAS nothing but a number why do someone go "eww that's disgusting, or that's insane" when a ninteen year old girl and a fifty-something year old man are together? Can love really conquer age?
    So.... is age really nothing but a number?
    And why?

~Counting Down the Days~ NevesElocin may be famous one day NevesElocin may be famous one day NevesElocin's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: If Age Is Nothing But A Number, Why Do People Lie About It?

Becuase people don't want to admit that they aren't as young as they used to be. Thus they lie to cover that fact up.

Our love will go on until the end of time. I will always be yours and you will be mine.

Banned CTD High Jump Champion, Cop-For-This Champion, Soap Bubble Champion, Gandys Quest Champion, Kill Time in Your Office Champion, Slow Motion Champion, Moodys Magical Eye Champion, The Fridge Champion, Dangerous Fishing Champion, Panda Golf 2: Christmas Edition Champion, Driving Mad Champion, Head to Head Champion, Super Headers Champion, Penguin Arcade Champion, Chopper Challenge Champion, Air Dodge Champion, Chopper Chase Champion, F/A-18 Hornet Champion, Snow Boarding Champion, Spaceman Bob`s Great Escape Champion, Space Cowboy Champion, Rons Free Fall Champion, Gandys Quest Champion, Black Dragon Champion, Samegame and Champion, Mayan Mask Champion, 42 Games Champion, Cubedelic Champion, Smaugs Schatkist Champion, Python Champion, Thor Towers Champion Mini Dev is off to a good start
    Thanks

Ok firstly age is an important part of life, well younger years. You have to be a certain age limit to drink, drive and smoke and watch films or even play computer games. Whether you obay those rules is another matter but if you lie about your age you can get into seriouse trouble and then i doubt that the person being done will think age is just a number. Age will often conflict with love as i disagree with you neighbours friend because if you think about it, if someone who is 18 is going out with a 6 year old, i am sure there will be questions on perveted people etc. a normal sane humanbeing would find that sick would they not? Well this is my point age has many problems between people as you grow older the age barrier between people can increase in age up to around a 20 year diffrence these days, but when your in school it's like a code that you have to go out with someone in your year otherwise it will be found as "gross" age diffrence only matters if the person is really too old for another. So this concludes my opinion, yes age is more than just numbers, it's also marked to check if you are responsible and mature. and the younger you are the more people will mourn if you die (god forbid)

Mage of Eternity Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mini Dev View Post
    Ok firstly age is an important part of life, well younger years. You have to be a certain age limit to drink, drive and smoke and watch films or even play computer games. Whether you obay those rules is another matter but if you lie about your age you can get into seriouse trouble and then i doubt that the person being done will think age is just a number. Age will often conflict with love as i disagree with you neighbours friend because if you think about it, if someone who is 18 is going out with a 6 year old, i am sure there will be questions on perveted people etc. a normal sane humanbeing would find that sick would they not? Well this is my point age has many problems between people as you grow older the age barrier between people can increase in age up to around a 20 year diffrence these days, but when your in school it's like a code that you have to go out with someone in your year otherwise it will be found as "gross" age diffrence only matters if the person is really too old for another. So this concludes my opinion, yes age is more than just numbers, it's also marked to check if you are responsible and mature. and the younger you are the more people will mourn if you die (god forbid)
    First off, one of the main reasons why many would find an 18 year old goin' out wit a 6 year old disgustin' has little ta do wit the number of years that separates their ages; it has ta do wit the fact that the 6 year old is a minor and is too immature ta understand the concept of a "meaningful relationship." A 50 year old bein' involved, in a relationship, wit a 20 year old is a totally different concept all together, 'cause it's a relationship involvin' 2 concentin'; mature adults who fully understand what bein' in a relationship is all about. In this regard, the number of years that separates their ages doesn' matter; so long as both adults r fully aware of what it is that they r gettin' inta. If it floats their boats, more power ta them.

And what's this 'bout more ppl mournin' u if u die young than if u die when ur older? It's always been my experience that the same number of ppl, who know u, would mourn u no matter at what age u die at. Heck, look at all of the older famous ppl who died and the entire world mourned their loss. I certainly hope that when I die, no matter what age I am, that all of my friends and family mourn my loss.

I agree wit NevesElocin 'bout ppl lyin' 'bout their ages, the fact is that we all age and there r some ppl out there who don' want ta admit it. So they lie in a feeble attempt ta delude themselves inta thinkin' that they r younger than they really r or ta recapture their lost youth. If there's one thing that I've learned 'bout this it's that "Denial" is not jus' a river in Egypt.
    Last edited by Joe Mage; Mar 03, 2008 at 04:51 PM.

Sanity doesn't exist, it's just an excuse cooked up by crazy people to justify their actions. My myspace page: www.myspace.com/joemage

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Joe Mage For This Useful Post:

NightFox (Mar 21, 2008)

Chtonian Slayer Astaroth may be famous one day Astaroth's Avatar
    Thanks

Definitely..i would agree that age is a very important number.......
    In my opinion...I think that it is just plain disgusting when a young girl who had a while life ahead of her marries some old fart..that is not love..that is insaneness and stupidity...does the girl even know anything about love..will love matter when she ends up with a kid all alone while her "husband" is living his new life with someone else...
    Lying about the age....that is one of the worst lies imaginable.....do people really think that by saying that they are older that the other person will like or respect them more....I talk to all kinds of people..ranging from 5 year old to 85 year old people.......and I do not find it hard to say that I am 18 years old....people should be proud of their age..not be ashamed of it......
    DO NOT MAKE ME UNLEASH MY INNER DEMON

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NevesElocin View Post
    Becuase people don't want to admit that they aren't as young as they used to be. Thus they lie to cover that fact up.
    Much agreed. I know quite a few people who will lie about their age because they aren't comfortable with the concept of aging or getting old. Sometimes, I'll tell people I'm 16 (I'm goin' on 28) just to get a reaction out of them when I tell them how old I really am, LOL.

My mom's friend tells people that she's my age, but she's my mom's age exactly (44) LOL. I suppose that it's all a matter of insecurity. Well... Scratch that, I take that back.

It's partially a matter of insecurity. There ARE some sickos who will lie about their age just to get in bed with a young girl/boy. I've heard plenty stories and seen some guy get busted for that same sh*t on television once.

People are just either sick or insecure, pretty much.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to atomik_sprout For This Useful Post:

Astaroth (Mar 03, 2008)

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

To most people, its not a number. To some, its a very important thing. Think about it this way: You're 17, you're physically an adult, and depending on the person, you're also mature enough to make adult choices, but the law states that you are a minor until you're 18 (in most countries).

Its different for everyone.

~always by your side~ Radarix Champion, Virus 2 Champion, Virus 3 Champion fireandice is off to a good start fireandice's Avatar
    Thanks

I would say if your over 21 age is just a number. Why twenty-one you may ask, well it's because once your over 18 you get freedoms that you didn't have before and you are still trying to find your way in the world. You make alot of mistakes around that time and hopefully you learn from them. Over that age you start to see things as how they really are and what it is that you have to do to live like everyone else. As for the lying about the ages, well most who do it are doing it for reasons that are going to get someone or themselves into trouble. I don't lie about my age, I'm older than I look and act. I'm not ashamed of it. It's who and what I am. But maturity does come with age and always will.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast