+ Reply to Thread

Thread: If it was Bin Laden that bombed the two towers, why is our main priority in Iraq?

Otaku bloodymoonreaper may be famous one day bloodymoonreaper may be famous one day bloodymoonreaper's Avatar
    Thanks

If it was Bin Laden that bombed the two towers, why is our main priority in Iraq?

We all know that our nation suffered a great loss in the September 11th bombings. Bin Laden became our greatest enemy and the most hated. I have been noticing on the news that we are concentrating on Iraq only . What happened to Bin Laden.? I mean , what happened to revenge and all that . It is a small region. So what is up with not finding Bin Laden with all this high technology that we supposedly have? Sometimes I think that it was a conspiracy by Bush . Like an excuse to start a war on terrorism and then go after his main target, that being Iraq, and leaving the rest as unimportant. Your comments and info will be oh so helpful.

Otaku pigtaru may be famous one day pigtaru may be famous one day pigtaru's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: If it was Bin Laden that bombed the two towers, why is our main priority in Iraq?

Well, the political reason behind the war in Iraq is Sadam's involvement with Al Qaeda terrorist groups. The second reason, which was recently proven to be false, was that Sadam has access to BioChemical weapons. This poses a threat to the US given the radical behaviors of Sadam and his ties to Al Qaeda.

You said it is a "small region," but I beg to differ. The middle east is small compared to the US, but definitely much more populated. Also, you might also want to consider that alot of the people in the regions support the acts of Al Qaeda forces; therefore, making it harder for us to find Osama.

As far a the conspiracy, I dont think there was one. I however do think Bush is extremely...monkey stupid. The war in Iraq was a poor call, based on unverified intelligence. The war did however succeed in giving Bush a nice political push to his reelection, detering all attention from his other failed policies. That's most likely the true reason why this war was initiated, but I'm not against stripping bio weapons from the hands of a war tyrant either.

o~Piggy-san~o

Sophist of Satire Exoparadapsyphobia may be famous one day Exoparadapsyphobia may be famous one day Exoparadapsyphobia's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: If it was Bin Laden that bombed the two towers, why is our main priority in Iraq?

Overall I disagree with the decision to invade Iraq. First as Pigtaru said the decision was based off of unverified intelligence and speculations. Secondly I think it would have been easier to simply covertly assasinate Ossama becuase if our presence there was unknown he would have eventually dropped his guard avoiding unecessary destruction and death, but do to the threat of bio and chemical weapons the decision was made to storm the place. However by storming the region we alerted him to our immediate purposes and thus whent into hiding. However I do not disagree with relieving a terrorist based nation of their arms, or building schools for the intellectualy imaciated people there and aiding with them with medical and food supplies. I hope that explains my thinking thoroughly enough .
    Death is your most loyal companion, for he will never fail you.

+ Reply to Thread