+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: if everything is made from stardust...

Otaku Sasuke Is Emo may be famous one day Sasuke Is Emo's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: if everything is made from stardust...

I'D JUST LIKE to say (sorry i did caps to lazy to undo) that although i am catholic i dont beleive in the whole adam and eve thing... i prefer to mix science and religion! i belive god created the big bang set the rules for the universe and helped some of the matter into life!

Alpha and beta decay are protons and neutrons and electrons being realesed and they are in a highly energetic state, but once they become normal, they are an element again, depending on the amount of protons ussually helium for alpha and i think tritium (a isotope of hydrogen) for beta. So bassically... alpha and beta particles are atoms on crack!

P.S i cant beleive my simple question has turned to a whole thing about science or religion... why cant people see ITS OBVIOUSLY A MIX! god didnt tell it with scince to moses cause who back then would have understood?

P.P.S lol hassun

P.P.P.S to tsurara
    i was just actually wondering if any1 knew how like scientificaly, my belif was just god but im not saying you should
    believe now... god..

Edit: and to len again... if you have a free proton, even without electrons, its still hydrogen, just even more reactive than normal!
    Love only if you are willing to hate.

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasuke Is Emo View Post
    Alpha and beta decay are protons and neutrons and electrons being realesed and they are in a highly energetic state, but once they become normal, they are an element again, depending on the amount of protons ussually helium for alpha and i think tritium (a isotope of hydrogen) for beta. So bassically... alpha and beta particles are atoms on crack!

P.S i cant beleive my simple question has turned to a whole thing about science or religion... why cant people see ITS OBVIOUSLY A MIX! god didnt tell it with scince to moses cause who back then would have understood?

P.P.S lol hassun

P.P.P.S to tsurara
    i was just actually wondering if any1 knew how like scientificaly, my belif was just god but im not saying you should
    believe now... god..

Edit: and to len again... if you have a free proton, even without electrons, its still hydrogen, just even more reactive than normal!
    If you ignore both the velocity component and extreme ionization, that would be true... As an example, a alpha particle at rest would be a helium atom, a non-reactive noble gas particle. But as a high speed Alpha particle, it becomes a source of ionizing radiation, (which means it does react with other elements, something a normal helium atom would never do...) and with its velocity, it's unlikely to gain elections until it hits something, and slows down. And when accelerated to the velocities of a cosmic ray, it becomes highly destructive, with the ability to penetrate meters of normal matter...

And in the emptiness of deep space, what is there that would make these high speed particles 'normal'...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Otaku sangogirl may be famous one day sangogirl may be famous one day sangogirl's Avatar
    Thanks

[QUOTE=Sasuke Is Emo;533098]I'D JUST LIKE to say (sorry i did caps to lazy to undo) that although i am catholic i dont beleive in the whole adam and eve thing... i prefer to mix science and religion! i belive god created the big bang set the rules for the universe and helped some of the matter into life!

i am a catholic takin high school catholic courses and they teach me that the adam and eve thing is symbolic. St. Agustine said if you literally believe the book of genesis word for word then you are stupid.
    The pope has said that evolution could have happend to the BODY but not to the soul which God would have put in our bodies.
    Plus why just count the fact of the existence of iron. There are many things we don't understand. why is it that the planets are all aligned in a orbit that never losses place and that is so perfect that no other planet ever hits it, and then what made it form like that?
    Then there are mysteries here on earth. Take the bumblebee we all know that the Bumblebee navigates throught the magnetic field on earth for flying but we don't know how it does this.
    every rose has a thorn

Otaku Sasuke Is Emo may be famous one day Sasuke Is Emo's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LenMiyata View Post
    Grumble Grumble Grumble

If you ignore both the velocity component and extreme ionization, that would be true... As an example, a alpha particle at rest would be a helium atom, a non-reactive noble gas particle. But as a high speed Alpha particle, it becomes a source of ionizing radiation, (which means it does react with other elements, something a normal helium atom would never do...) and with its velocity, it's unlikely to gain elections until it hits something, and slows down. And when accelerated to the velocities of a cosmic ray, it becomes highly destructive, with the ability to penetrate meters of normal matter...
    but the reason the helium doesn't react with anything is because it has 2 valence electrons making completly stable, but when it becomes an alpha particle, it loses all its electrons! thats why it reacts!
    when a particle is formed it loses all of the chemical and physical properties, but nuclear properties stay the same! a helium atom, whether as an alpha particle or not, will ALWAYS have 2 protons, as for the neutrons, that chages sometimes. my point is no matter what every thing with a proton in it is an element that if put to normal state is excatly the same as any other in its element.
    as for cosmic rays... anythign moving that fast could penetrate meters of normal matter dude... think about it!

And in the emptiness of deep space, what is there that would make these high speed particles 'normal'...
    now that my friend... i have no clue!
    Love only if you are willing to hate.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3