+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 9 to 16 of 56

Thread: Illegal Immigrants

  1. #9
    Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    2,643
    Thanks
    235
    Thanked 166 Times in 141 Posts

    Re: Illegal Immigrants

    Quote Originally Posted by anime_being_god View Post
    HEY! Im a mexican you know, illegal to, I still have my diginity though, and....my balls.lol J/k J/K J/K not true, im not mexican!

    Na, actually I agree with you completly on this, America is not their country, they cant just walk in and demand things.

    That would be like me walking into Atomik's crip and demanding somethin to eat, and a place to sleep.lol America is a free country open to those who want to come and go, but you must do it the right way. I mean at least were kind enough to let you in, then you should return the favor and do it correctly
    Yeah, gimme a sandwich!!

    I agree with A_B_G. What if I just walked up in to your tilt and said, "Gimme a beer!" You don't know me and you've never seen me until the day I hopped over your back yard fence. What would you think?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mini Dev View Post
    I must say this is a very true fact they are probably expected to get kicked out but for many a new life is in that club
    Yes, there is a new life in that club. But it's still exclusive as all hell. Do you think the Hair Club for Men would let me in with a big ass afro? Do you think that I could just boat to Japan and sneak my way in un-noticed? Could I live a full "new and happy" life as an illegal in any country? I don't think so. There's more burden than there is advantage. Like jail time and deportation (which ultimately lands you right back where you started).

    Quote Originally Posted by Mini Dev View Post
    Agreed also but, put yourself in their shoes, no life expections, no money, no house, no car, no job and then it comes down to would you do it if you could? Because living like that isn't well so you must think of their point of view aswell as Americans, oh and that designer shirt that people may be wearing, say goodbye to that if you kick those Mexicans out.
    LOL. We can switch to child labor when the Mexicans leave. Joking, joking!

    On a serious note though: I can't physically put myself in my shoes, nor would I want to be in those shoes, but I can understand where they're comin' from. Everyone wants to make something in their life better and in most cases the thing their trying to improve is their own life. BUT, sneaking across border lines isn't gonna solve any problems. The more illegal immigrants we get, the less resources we have for our own citizens. And that's why it's a big problem for me. I work, get paid (not under the table) pay my taxes, I even do something for charity from time to time. Why should I have little to nothing still, but the illegals are drivin' new trucks, havin' babies and takin' up the space that could've been used to help someone who's from here!

    Would I do it if I was in their shoes?? Hellz no! I don't like the idea of goin' to jail, nor do I like the idea of starting with sh*t and ending with sh*t. If they want to make their lives better, than maybe they should start at home (key word: HOME! H-O-M-E). They could write their government, protest, start a faction and begin plans on revolution... SOMETHING other than being sneaky and hoping not to get caught.


  2. #10
    Mage of Eternity Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    In the end, it doesn' really matter.
    Posts
    907
    Thanks
    26
    Thanked 47 Times in 44 Posts

    Re: Illegal Immigrants

    I haveta agree wit atomik, arrianna, and A_B_G on this one, all of what they're sayin' is completely true. Not ta mention the economic disaster that would happen if we suddenly decided ta legalise all of the illegals in this country, our nation jus' simply wouldn' be able ta cope. And jus' think of the other repercussions that would happen as a result, more illegal immigrants would enter in the hopes that it would happen for them, further destabilizin' the country's economy. And that's why we have procedures for these things, so that a country's economy has time ta cope wit the new arrivals. Otherwise, they would have nothin' for them when they arrive, except for the very thing that they were tryin' ta leave in the first place; poverty. It kinda like this, let's take atomik's and A_B_G's examples; let's say A_B_G wants ta stay at atomik's house and jus' decided ta show up, what would happen ta atomik's resources given the fact that A_B_G didn' ask atomik, nor had given suffecient warnin', of his decision ta move in? Would atomik b able ta suffeciently cope, i.e have enough food, drinks, cash, etc., wit havin' an unexpected guest livin' wit him?

    Sanity doesn't exist, it's just an excuse cooked up by crazy people to justify their actions. My myspace page: www.myspace.com/joemage

  3. #11
    Learn, live, laugh, GROW 5 Card Draw Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Connect 4 Champion, Long Jump Champion, Collapse Champion, BALLZ! Champion, Rotamania Champion, Rotations Champion, Hishi Champion, Domino Pressure Champion, Fun_game1 Champion, Road Blocks Champion, Puzzle Maniax Champion, Cloud Breakout Champion lebasiara may be famous one day lebasiara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    here, there, everywhere
    Posts
    1,082
    Thanks
    25
    Thanked 27 Times in 24 Posts

    Re: Illegal Immigrants

    I am a little split in this issue. Before anything: I am a foreigner, I am from latin America. I know and have seen some hard situations myself and I have also seen people leaving their families because of the "American Dream". However, I do not believe that making the things illegally improve anything. Yes it maybe allow the immigrant to get some money for his/her family but the risk is very high, the migration people is not very sweet when it comes to deal with an illegal immigrant. I know that almost first hand. I saw my co-workers hiding from "the law" because if they get cought they are going to be trated as criminals. They are going to be beaten up and stuff.
    As I said before, they can "improve" their family status in Mexico or whatever country they belong to, but they have to live their lifes as fugitives... most of the time.

    Another thing... if someone comes here illegally and gets the blessing of succesing getting some money he/she should look for legalize his/her papers. For me it is not right to stay that way if you can change the status. I know it takes a while but it is very worthy.

    it is also very true that one of the things that help this country to grow is the immigrant work. However, they cannot give them the guarantees that a citizen or resident has. They are illegal, and I think that this country has its right to put in priority those that are concern enough to be here legally.
    Nothing less from Pyro ^_^ Great Sig ^_^ THANK YOU!!!!
    C:\Documents and Settings\MARA\My Documents\My Pictures\Anime room\sigs\music_sig1 mia ^_^.jpg
    "show me.... THE BEAST!!!" The Beauty and the Beast movie

  4. #12
    Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Oceanside CA
    Posts
    1,297
    Thanks
    476
    Thanked 171 Times in 152 Posts

    Re: Illegal Immigrants

    Well I live in Southern California in San Diego and the Mexican border is no more then practicly a hop skip and a jump away.
    I have no problem with people coming in from Mexico as long as they are doing it legaly. We passed a law here saying that no buisnes is aloud to have illegal imagrents working for them because it takes away hundreds of jobs from those who came here legal and its not right that those who came here legaly and payed out the ass are being screwed by those who have come across illegaly and didnt have to pay a bamn thing. Any buisnes found to have illegal workers will have to get rid of them and pay a HUGE penalty fee.

    Many people know that Mexico is a poor country but what most of you dont know is how it got that way. Its simply because of corruption. The Government is corrupt, robbing the poor and giving it to the rich. Not to mention gangs and drug dealers run rampent through there. People constantly being killed, raiped, and kidnapt by gangs and drug dealers. It really is a hell hole sorry to say. No joke, as soon as you leave your car BAM!! Its stolen. If the Federalis see a car they like BAM!! They "confiscate" it. But not all the Federalis and people in the Mexican Gov. are bad though, whats sad is that those who are trying to help their country and do whats right for the people are instantly targeted and killed as well as their familys.

    The reason now more then ever why the border is becomming a bigger and bigger dibate is because we dont want that to spill into the US. If we let people come here illegaly, we dont know who they are, they could be gangs trying to come here and start shit and kill and raip people or drug dealers coming here to sell their poisen. Its sucks that those who want to come here and work and make a living and better them selves have to pay for it and suffer because their own country is trying to kill them and spread like a virus. Its very sad and depressing. People keep talking about oh lets send aid to Mexico... Well guess what, doing that is only benifiting the gangs, drug dealers and corrupt Gov officels because they will steal, kill, and beat those who need it in order to get it.

  5. #13
    Banned CTD High Jump Champion, Cop-For-This Champion, Soap Bubble Champion, Gandys Quest Champion, Kill Time in Your Office Champion, Slow Motion Champion, Moodys Magical Eye Champion, The Fridge Champion, Dangerous Fishing Champion, Panda Golf 2: Christmas Edition Champion, Driving Mad Champion, Head to Head Champion, Super Headers Champion, Penguin Arcade Champion, Chopper Challenge Champion, Air Dodge Champion, Chopper Chase Champion, F/A-18 Hornet Champion, Snow Boarding Champion, Spaceman Bob`s Great Escape Champion, Space Cowboy Champion, Rons Free Fall Champion, Gandys Quest Champion, Black Dragon Champion, Samegame and Champion, Mayan Mask Champion, 42 Games Champion, Cubedelic Champion, Smaugs Schatkist Champion, Python Champion, Thor Towers Champion Mini Dev is off to a good start
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1,083
    Thanks
    41
    Thanked 25 Times in 25 Posts

    Re: Illegal Immigrants

    Wow you live so near! That law is a reasonable law, i supose you can't let Mexicans take you jobs away it's not right. I bet hardley any companies aplly to that rule or do they?

  6. #14
    Learn, live, laugh, GROW 5 Card Draw Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Connect 4 Champion, Long Jump Champion, Collapse Champion, BALLZ! Champion, Rotamania Champion, Rotations Champion, Hishi Champion, Domino Pressure Champion, Fun_game1 Champion, Road Blocks Champion, Puzzle Maniax Champion, Cloud Breakout Champion lebasiara may be famous one day lebasiara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    here, there, everywhere
    Posts
    1,082
    Thanks
    25
    Thanked 27 Times in 24 Posts

    Re: Illegal Immigrants

    Quote Originally Posted by Scourge View Post
    Well I live in Southern California in San Diego and the Mexican border is no more then practicly a hop skip and a jump away.
    I have no problem with people coming in from Mexico as long as they are doing it legaly. We passed a law here saying that no buisnes is aloud to have illegal imagrents working for them because it takes away hundreds of jobs from those who came here legal and its not right that those who came here legaly and payed out the ass are being screwed by those who have come across illegaly and didnt have to pay a bamn thing. Any buisnes found to have illegal workers will have to get rid of them and pay a HUGE penalty fee.

    Many people know that Mexico is a poor country but what most of you dont know is how it got that way. Its simply because of corruption. The Government is corrupt, robbing the poor and giving it to the rich. Not to mention gangs and drug dealers run rampent through there. People constantly being killed, raiped, and kidnapt by gangs and drug dealers. It really is a hell hole sorry to say. No joke, as soon as you leave your car BAM!! Its stolen. If the Federalis see a car they like BAM!! They "confiscate" it. But not all the Federalis and people in the Mexican Gov. are bad though, whats sad is that those who are trying to help their country and do whats right for the people are instantly targeted and killed as well as their familys.

    The reason now more then ever why the border is becomming a bigger and bigger dibate is because we dont want that to spill into the US. If we let people come here illegaly, we dont know who they are, they could be gangs trying to come here and start shit and kill and raip people or drug dealers coming here to sell their poisen. Its sucks that those who want to come here and work and make a living and better them selves have to pay for it and suffer because their own country is trying to kill them and spread like a virus. Its very sad and depressing. People keep talking about oh lets send aid to Mexico... Well guess what, doing that is only benifiting the gangs, drug dealers and corrupt Gov officels because they will steal, kill, and beat those who need it in order to get it.
    Totally agree with you.
    and a little explanation, I am not against mexicans or immigrants from other countries. I myself am a hispanic immigrant (from Costa Rica)... but I came here legally and I have worked my butt off to be legall here -as I am sure a lot of immigrants as well- and for me it is not fair that someone that has worked so hard to be legal cannot get a job easily because the job is taken by an illegal.
    Again nothing personal but a very crude truth...
    Nothing less from Pyro ^_^ Great Sig ^_^ THANK YOU!!!!
    C:\Documents and Settings\MARA\My Documents\My Pictures\Anime room\sigs\music_sig1 mia ^_^.jpg
    "show me.... THE BEAST!!!" The Beauty and the Beast movie

  7. #15
    Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Oceanside CA
    Posts
    1,297
    Thanks
    476
    Thanked 171 Times in 152 Posts

    Re: Illegal Immigrants

    Quote Originally Posted by Mini Dev View Post
    Wow you live so near! That law is a reasonable law, i supose you can't let Mexicans take you jobs away it's not right. I bet hardley any companies aplly to that rule or do they?
    All companies, big or small HAVE to fallow this law or else they will have to pay the penalty fee which I hear is very high as well as some other restrictions as well. And I think if the compeny in question still wants to keep its illegal laber force then they will be continuly fined the fee untill the economic presure becomes so great that they have to get rid of them.

  8. #16
    Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    2,643
    Thanks
    235
    Thanked 166 Times in 141 Posts

    Re: Illegal Immigrants

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Mage View Post
    I haveta agree wit atomik, arrianna, and A_B_G on this one, all of what they're sayin' is completely true. Not ta mention the economic disaster that would happen if we suddenly decided ta legalise all of the illegals in this country, our nation jus' simply wouldn' be able ta cope. And jus' think of the other repercussions that would happen as a result, more illegal immigrants would enter in the hopes that it would happen for them, further destabilizin' the country's economy. And that's why we have procedures for these things, so that a country's economy has time ta cope wit the new arrivals. Otherwise, they would have nothin' for them when they arrive, except for the very thing that they were tryin' ta leave in the first place; poverty. It kinda like this, let's take atomik's and A_B_G's examples; let's say A_B_G wants ta stay at atomik's house and jus' decided ta show up, what would happen ta atomik's resources given the fact that A_B_G didn' ask atomik, nor had given suffecient warnin', of his decision ta move in? Would atomik b able ta suffeciently cope, i.e have enough food, drinks, cash, etc., wit havin' an unexpected guest livin' wit him?
    Hell no, I wouldn't be able to cope, LOL. What would you do if someone came in to your home demandin' sh*t? I know that if it DID happen, I'd go broke in no time flat; which is why our government had put those rules in to effect in the first place.

    Quote Originally Posted by Scourge View Post
    Well I live in Southern California in San Diego and the Mexican border is no more then practicly a hop skip and a jump away.
    I have no problem with people coming in from Mexico as long as they are doing it legaly. We passed a law here saying that no buisnes is aloud to have illegal imagrents working for them because it takes away hundreds of jobs from those who came here legal and its not right that those who came here legaly and payed out the ass are being screwed by those who have come across illegaly and didnt have to pay a bamn thing. Any buisnes found to have illegal workers will have to get rid of them and pay a HUGE penalty fee.

    Many people know that Mexico is a poor country but what most of you dont know is how it got that way. Its simply because of corruption. The Government is corrupt, robbing the poor and giving it to the rich. Not to mention gangs and drug dealers run rampent through there. People constantly being killed, raiped, and kidnapt by gangs and drug dealers. It really is a hell hole sorry to say. No joke, as soon as you leave your car BAM!! Its stolen. If the Federalis see a car they like BAM!! They "confiscate" it. But not all the Federalis and people in the Mexican Gov. are bad though, whats sad is that those who are trying to help their country and do whats right for the people are instantly targeted and killed as well as their familys.

    The reason now more then ever why the border is becomming a bigger and bigger dibate is because we dont want that to spill into the US. If we let people come here illegaly, we dont know who they are, they could be gangs trying to come here and start shit and kill and raip people or drug dealers coming here to sell their poisen. Its sucks that those who want to come here and work and make a living and better them selves have to pay for it and suffer because their own country is trying to kill them and spread like a virus. Its very sad and depressing. People keep talking about oh lets send aid to Mexico... Well guess what, doing that is only benifiting the gangs, drug dealers and corrupt Gov officels because they will steal, kill, and beat those who need it in order to get it.
    Agreed. Look at what happened when we let all the Cubans in waaaaay back in the day. Crime and coccaine was all you saw if you lived in Florida or one of the surrounding states at the time. A lot of Africans move to Brooklyn Park, MN and though they're legal, they take a lot of Africa here with them. Meaning, they don't change their routines when they show up, which really screws things up in BP, MN. For instance: They treat ANY woman like they own them--regardless of status--be they married or single. Most who DO change their routine end up becoming what we see on MTV and that's even worse! Who needs a gang of Africans roaming the streets and committing crimes? We've got Black Americans for that (no offense, I'm bi-racial and I've never seen a white gang banger)!

    My point is that most of the problems with our country usually originate in some other country. Then it migrates here with the people who're fleeing from there.


    Quote Originally Posted by Scourge View Post
    All companies, big or small HAVE to fallow this law or else they will have to pay the penalty fee which I hear is very high as well as some other restrictions as well. And I think if the compeny in question still wants to keep its illegal laber force then they will be continuly fined the fee untill the economic presure becomes so great that they have to get rid of them.
    I think that's in every state. If you hire an illegal immigrant to do work for you, more often than not, you're paying them under the table and that's called tax evasion.


+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Making backups of your own CDs is illegal according to Sony
    By GallComp in forum Sensory Pleasures
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: Oct 12, 2007, 05:24 AM
  2. Should illegal immigrants have rights in the US?
    By atomik_sprout in forum Debate and Discuss
    Replies: 81
    Last Post: Jun 21, 2007, 07:23 PM
  3. Illegal immigration good or bad??
    By koga23 in forum Debate and Discuss
    Replies: 55
    Last Post: Mar 27, 2007, 07:43 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts