+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Results 25 to 32 of 56

Thread: Illegal Immigrants

  1. #25
    Banned CTD High Jump Champion, Cop-For-This Champion, Soap Bubble Champion, Gandys Quest Champion, Kill Time in Your Office Champion, Slow Motion Champion, Moodys Magical Eye Champion, The Fridge Champion, Dangerous Fishing Champion, Panda Golf 2: Christmas Edition Champion, Driving Mad Champion, Head to Head Champion, Super Headers Champion, Penguin Arcade Champion, Chopper Challenge Champion, Air Dodge Champion, Chopper Chase Champion, F/A-18 Hornet Champion, Snow Boarding Champion, Spaceman Bob`s Great Escape Champion, Space Cowboy Champion, Rons Free Fall Champion, Gandys Quest Champion, Black Dragon Champion, Samegame and Champion, Mayan Mask Champion, 42 Games Champion, Cubedelic Champion, Smaugs Schatkist Champion, Python Champion, Thor Towers Champion Mini Dev is off to a good start
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1,083
    Thanks
    41
    Thanked 25 Times in 25 Posts

    Re: Illegal Immigrants

    Quote Originally Posted by LostbutFound View Post
    My personal thought on so called "illegal immigrants " Is that america took half of mexico the part which is southern california and alot of other place torwards that way so who is eny one to say that a person is illegal because they want a better life. when americans go to another country are they called "illegal" i dont think so so please evaluate what america really is and what they have done before people begin judging those who have came here to make a better life
    I half agree but half don't when you say americans arent called illegal thats probably because they don't cross...ILLEGALLY i am 100% wiht you for the better life and they took part of their country, they might want it back!

  2. #26
    Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    2,643
    Thanks
    235
    Thanked 166 Times in 141 Posts

    Re: Illegal Immigrants

    Quote Originally Posted by Cloudgirl101 View Post
    I think that if government wants to get rid of immigrants, they should stop whining and do something about it. My uncle was an illegal, and he had a hard job that he took care of his wife and daughter with. What most of the posts here arent noting is that these immigrants, these illegals, are less than dirt poor and usually have famalies that they have to care for, and these families are usually starving, sick, or both. Plus, its usually the man that works, with the woman staying at home taking care of the family.

    I think that if an illegal immigrant comes in, they should become legal when they can afford it.
    Y'see, that's not how it's supposed to work. You're supposed to be able to afford it BEFORE you come here, or at least apply for some type of assistance from the government. But, that's called doin' it the LEGAL way. You can't just come here and expect to have full rights as a citizen when ya just sneaked your way in. It's unfair to those who are doin' it the right way.

    Quote Originally Posted by The Last Flame View Post
    I think we should be working harder to rid as many illegals as we can. I think the wall would be a great idea only if we can find a way to make sure illegals don't get around it. So that it is not a waste of time. If they want in so bad they should get in the legal way. If it was the other way around I am sure they would not want a bunch of random illegal people over filling their country.
    Yeah, there are a lot of people who say the same things. But there's one problem. You can't just look at someone and say, "That man's an illegal immigrant!" How would you know? The government doesn't have the time and energy to just pick random people off the streets and interrogate them, simply because the look foreign. But they are doin' something about it. (And Cloudgirl101, believe me they ARE doin' somethin' about it. We whine, the government doesn't.) People get deported from this country all the time, when it comes to dealing with illegal immigrants. Nobody ever hears about it because the media doesn't believe that's important news. But it DOES happen.

    In fact:

    Illegal immigrants living in states and cities that have adopted strict immigration policies are packing up and moving back to their home countries or to neighboring states.
    The exodus has been fueled by a wave of laws targeting illegal immigrants in Oklahoma, Arizona, Colorado, Georgia and elsewhere. Many were passed after congressional efforts to overhaul the immigration system collapsed in June.

    Immigrants say the laws have raised fears of workplace raids and deportation.

    "People now are really frightened and scared because they don't know what's going to happen," says Juliana Stout, an editor at the newspaper El Nacional de Oklahoma. "They're selling houses. They're leaving the country."


    Illegal immigrants moving out - USATODAY.com
    But just because there are laws and people to enforce those laws, that doesn't mean it's easy work. There will probably be illegal immigrants here until we put a big dome around the country or just say screw it and merge with Mexico and Canada.


  3. The Following User Says Thank You to atomik_sprout For This Useful Post:

    Scourge (Feb 12, 2008)

  4. #27
    Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Oceanside CA
    Posts
    1,297
    Thanks
    476
    Thanked 171 Times in 152 Posts

    Re: Illegal Immigrants

    Quote Originally Posted by LostbutFound View Post
    My personal thought on so called "illegal immigrants " Is that america took half of mexico the part which is southern california and alot of other place torwards that way so who is eny one to say that a person is illegal because they want a better life. when americans go to another country are they called "illegal" i dont think so so please evaluate what america really is and what they have done before people begin judging those who have came here to make a better life
    Yes the United States did infact take territory away from Mexico. But guess what, so did with about every other country around the world at some point in time did infact take land from their nabors so saying "yeah well we took their land" is not a solid peace of ground for a counter argument and saying that is why they are comming here... I dont know where your getting your information or if its all baised on your feelings but the fact is that Mexicans are not comming here to retake their land, they are comming here to get the hell out of Mexaco and to make a better life for them selves. If Mexaco had sothern California it wouldnt make much of a difference, they would still be crossing the borders and this will still be an issue and they would still be illegal. An American going to another country for a few days is called a turist not an illegal immigrant because they are not going there to live. Now if they are going to move to another country they have to work their ass off just like every one else in order to gain citizen ship in said country.

    Now for me to drive this thing home is that I live in Souther California I can tell you that chaves or how ever you spell his name, the Mexican president is a completely and total horse's ass. He constantly talks crap about us here in Souther California and how "BAD" we are to hispanics when the reason why Mexicans are leaving Mexicao is because they are trying to get away from him and the country that he completely ruined. A few days ago he came here for talks with our GOVANATOR (beat you guys to it haha) and all he did was spewing garbage and insult him, our country, the people in So Cal, and even his own people who were comming here to get away from him. He was literaly spitting on us. He was doing everything but taking a crap in our frount yards.

  5. #28
    Otaku Luminous is off to a good start
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    This is a User Title in disguise
    Posts
    224
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts

    Re: Illegal Immigrants

    Personally, I think more of these immigrants should hitch hike up north to our land of beaver-pelts and maple syrup. The popuation of Mexico City is higher than all of Canada put together. Why don't they move here, we'll take them, we need people!

    Anyways, I don't have too much to add on the subject, since I'm not from America, it's pretty much a non-issue to me. I will say that America generally is a bit too paranoid about immigrants and their effect on the economy, and so forth. And about the multi-lingual effect with Spanish becoming prevelat, who cares? We have French and English in Canada, and seeing french translations on box arts for games and so forth doesn't effect me in the least.
    I would like to add that I'm not terribly educated on the subject, so my opinion is possibly biased by that.

  6. #29
    Otaku LEtters Champion, PopWord Champion, Alphabet Soup Champion, Baby Destruction Champion bellocanlver is off to a good start
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    175
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 12 Times in 11 Posts

    Re: Illegal Immigrants

    im a mexican but not illegal, i support those who come to america and work to support their families back in mexico. i dislike when an illegal immigrant comes here and hurts others or is a member of a gang.
    Temari is so Cool

  7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bellocanlver For This Useful Post:

    !Mini Dev (Feb 13, 2008), Scourge (Feb 12, 2008)

  8. #30
    Banned CTD High Jump Champion, Cop-For-This Champion, Soap Bubble Champion, Gandys Quest Champion, Kill Time in Your Office Champion, Slow Motion Champion, Moodys Magical Eye Champion, The Fridge Champion, Dangerous Fishing Champion, Panda Golf 2: Christmas Edition Champion, Driving Mad Champion, Head to Head Champion, Super Headers Champion, Penguin Arcade Champion, Chopper Challenge Champion, Air Dodge Champion, Chopper Chase Champion, F/A-18 Hornet Champion, Snow Boarding Champion, Spaceman Bob`s Great Escape Champion, Space Cowboy Champion, Rons Free Fall Champion, Gandys Quest Champion, Black Dragon Champion, Samegame and Champion, Mayan Mask Champion, 42 Games Champion, Cubedelic Champion, Smaugs Schatkist Champion, Python Champion, Thor Towers Champion Mini Dev is off to a good start
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1,083
    Thanks
    41
    Thanked 25 Times in 25 Posts

    Re: Illegal Immigrants

    Quote Originally Posted by bellocanlver View Post
    im a mexican but not illegal, i support those who come to america and work to support their families back in mexico. i dislike when an illegal immigrant comes here and hurts others or is a member of a gang.
    I agree I wouldn't mind them coming into America even if it was illegal just to help their family because that shows great resposibilty in certain aspects however joining gangs shooting, hurting people for their money is the cheap way through, destroying America's people, so i understand why some Americans are angry and upset about Mexicans entering America also the loss of jobs fly's into action as well, even though *Above posts* It is illegal.

  9. #31
    anti-semantics Pub Quiz Champion tsurara may be famous one day tsurara may be famous one day tsurara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Shikoku
    Posts
    1,308
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 84 Times in 55 Posts

    Re: Illegal Immigrants

    The process of coming in legally should be easier... while the process of coming in illegally should be made harder.

    Reguardless of the reasoning: breaking the law is generally unacceptable. The last people we want in this country are those who have already broken the law just in entering it.

    That said, I think legal immigration is too difficult and given the obvious requirement we have for the lower-end labor sectors currently being filled by illegally hired illegal immigrants, we probably stand to lose very little in making the process slightly more user-friendly and 21st century-ready.

    My own stepfather took 5 YEARS to complete the legitimate process of becoming a citizen and he is legally squeaky clean, fluent in English, employed and married to an American citizen. For the 5 years in the meantime he had to take a full battery of annual tests, travel for interviews (most over 6 hours away), obtain multiple papers and certifications and was barred from travelling outside of the country until he got his permanant green-card (which took 2 years in and of itself).

    If it takes 5 YEARS and all that to become a citizen-- I'm not surprised why so many opt skip it. Especially if they doubt their language, brain or pocket-power. The process is not easy... nor is it cheap.

  10. #32
    Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    2,643
    Thanks
    235
    Thanked 166 Times in 141 Posts

    Re: Illegal Immigrants

    Quote Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
    Personally, I think more of these immigrants should hitch hike up north to our land of beaver-pelts and maple syrup. The popuation of Mexico City is higher than all of Canada put together. Why don't they move here, we'll take them, we need people!

    Anyways, I don't have too much to add on the subject, since I'm not from America, it's pretty much a non-issue to me. I will say that America generally is a bit too paranoid about immigrants and their effect on the economy, and so forth. And about the multi-lingual effect with Spanish becoming prevelat, who cares? We have French and English in Canada, and seeing french translations on box arts for games and so forth doesn't effect me in the least.
    I would like to add that I'm not terribly educated on the subject, so my opinion is possibly biased by that.
    You can say that you think that Americans are too paranoid about immigrants and the economy, but you're not from here and your country has free health care, so your economy is probably kickin' ass right about now. Plus the fact that your country doesn't see nearly a third of the problems our country faces is a big factor in your lack of education in the subject. Let me give you an example:

    Let's say that myself and about 6/8 of the population of Minnesota, North Dakota, Wisconsin and Michigan all decided, "Screw the US, we're movin' to Canada!" Now, we didn't get passports or any type of documents saying that we're legally migrating to Canadia (yeah, I intentionally mispelled Canada--it's a MN joke) and we just cross the border or head to Canada via Lake Superior. Because of this massive movement of illegal immigrants to your country, your economy backslides and your free health care dissapears to compensate for the lack of resources your country once had. How would you feel about me being in your country then?

    That's pretty much what we go through on a daily basis, due to lack of funds to support the people who really need it; because a vast amount of people are coming here illegaly to obtain funds, resources and property that shouldn't be going to them in the first place.


  11. The Following User Says Thank You to atomik_sprout For This Useful Post:

    Scourge (Feb 13, 2008)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Making backups of your own CDs is illegal according to Sony
    By GallComp in forum Sensory Pleasures
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: Oct 12, 2007, 05:24 AM
  2. Should illegal immigrants have rights in the US?
    By atomik_sprout in forum Debate and Discuss
    Replies: 81
    Last Post: Jun 21, 2007, 07:23 PM
  3. Illegal immigration good or bad??
    By koga23 in forum Debate and Discuss
    Replies: 55
    Last Post: Mar 27, 2007, 07:43 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts