+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7
Results 49 to 56 of 56

Thread: Illegal Immigrants

  1. #49
    ??* Judge and Executioner ??* White Van Man Champion, Home Run Derby Champion, Mahjongg sport Champion, Jewel Champion, The Asteroids Champion koga23 may be famous one day koga23 may be famous one day koga23's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    2,161
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 18 Times in 15 Posts

    Re: Illegal Immigrants

    If they come here legally with eather a work visa, or becoming a citizen i don't really care so much.Why ? because they went threw the trouble of doing it the proper way thus have the right to work/live here or where ever they want to be.

    Plus another thing, Illegal Immigrants don't pay taxes or any thing else for that matter.Which means all there doing is taking and not contributing back to the land they want to live in.If they want to be here so bad come here legally and contribute back not screw up another economy/work because there suck and they don't want to fix it.
    ....Player Killer....
    ??* "There is nothing to fear but F.E.A.R. it self -(F.E.A.R) " ??*

  2. #50
    Banned CTD High Jump Champion, Cop-For-This Champion, Soap Bubble Champion, Gandys Quest Champion, Kill Time in Your Office Champion, Slow Motion Champion, Moodys Magical Eye Champion, The Fridge Champion, Dangerous Fishing Champion, Panda Golf 2: Christmas Edition Champion, Driving Mad Champion, Head to Head Champion, Super Headers Champion, Penguin Arcade Champion, Chopper Challenge Champion, Air Dodge Champion, Chopper Chase Champion, F/A-18 Hornet Champion, Snow Boarding Champion, Spaceman Bob`s Great Escape Champion, Space Cowboy Champion, Rons Free Fall Champion, Gandys Quest Champion, Black Dragon Champion, Samegame and Champion, Mayan Mask Champion, 42 Games Champion, Cubedelic Champion, Smaugs Schatkist Champion, Python Champion, Thor Towers Champion Mini Dev is off to a good start
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1,083
    Thanks
    41
    Thanked 25 Times in 25 Posts

    Re: Illegal Immigrants

    Quote Originally Posted by koga23 View Post
    If they come here legally with eather a work visa, or becoming a citizen i don't really care so much.Why ? because they went threw the trouble of doing it the proper way thus have the right to work/live here or where ever they want to be.

    Plus another thing, Illegal Immigrants don't pay taxes or any thing else for that matter.Which means all there doing is taking and not contributing back to the land they want to live in.If they want to be here so bad com here legally and contribute back not screw up another economy/work because there suck and they don't want to fix it.
    OK see living in the UK i never knew illgal immigrant didn't have to pay taxes, well i should have gussed they are rather unoticed if there illegal. I also wouldn't mind at all if they crossed legally, and going back to it if you cross legally you become a citizen if you a citizen that means they can't pay you underwage, and if they can't do that, that means no one would hire a lousey Mexican for the same price as a good American. I understand both reasons why people cross legally and illegally, if you cross illegally you are not a citizen and therefore work for a cheaper price pushing away the Americans but if your classed as an American not as much work avadiable. Another reason why people probably travel illegally is because theirs so much paper works to sort out it takes around a year to actually get a poor person over the the USA. and then comes into the fact of money and paper work, it's so much hassle to do it legally they think oh sod it lets illegally cross and get a better life doing so (if they make it) Saves all the bother so i understand why they do this. But still they have no right.

  3. #51
    Newbie nalevankomichael is just another face in the crowd nalevankomichael's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    above and beyond most people reach
    Posts
    52
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: Illegal Immigrants

    i think that immigrants have the right to be here anyway but i also think they are taking advantage of that situation and i think that is wrong but they come here to try to survive and i dont find anything wrong wit that but some people do.

  4. #52
    Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Oceanside CA
    Posts
    1,297
    Thanks
    476
    Thanked 171 Times in 152 Posts

    Re: Illegal Immigrants

    I have said it once and I will say it again. I am from Southern California so I hear and deal with this sort of thing all the time and the impact of what illegal immigrants have on society.
    I apparently didn’t make my self clear when I said the reason why they are coming here was because the Mexican Gov. is corrupted. Some one said "Well if they tried to make their own Gov. Better then we wouldn’t be having this problem." The problem is, is that those that are busting butt and trying to better their country and their people are being killed off by those in power. They are literally being killed off, as in shot, assassinated, and poisoned kidnapped and never seen again.
    Now a few other people said "Well they don’t speak English, how can they sign something that they don’t understand..." If you come out here you will see that just about every sign, every paper document is in English AND Spanish. So they can to understand it and they know what to do, where to go where to sign and blah blah blah.
    For people who say that they should be here and that we should let them in and stuff and what ever excuse, then I can tell you that I have seen a nice housing area go to hell in a heart beat because of illegals. As some one said before, they don’t pay taxes, so there is no up keep on the property which then drives the tax up more where the people who work have to pay more on their property until they no longer can and are forced to move out, which then more illegal come in and it becomes a slum because they don’t pay tax, so there is no money for the county to maintain the area and it just falls apart.
    And for those who have said that if we lose our illegal work force we will suffer economic problems well guess again. Ever sense the law here that was passed dictating that no business are allowed to higher illegal workers, and those business who have illegal works must let their illegal work force go or they will have to pay a penalty fee of X amount of money depending on how many illegal workers have been higher by said business. So when the majority of the business’s here laid off their illegal work force, people who were struggling to find jobs, those that came here legally, and those who were naturally born citizens almost instantly got jobs. There were no economic crises what so ever. Our economy here in Southern Cal didn’t get worse, it didn’t even stay the same, it got better. Places that use to be a slum are now slowly coming back. New housing developments, regular maintenances that have been neglected for so long because there just wasn’t any money for are now being repaired. It’s a slow process to be sure but now the counties here in Cali have money to build and maintain where as before they didn’t.
    I am not going to lie, it sucks that these people who want to come here and better their life have it very tuff, and that would probably be an understatment, but we cant help them and just hand them everything because they are still not bettering them selves, they are in the same pridicoment as they were before, and now they are hurting us just by them being here because we are spending resorces in keeping them alive and handing them everything but are getting nothing back in reaturn. They have to better them selves, its up to them. But not all will, a lot will take the easy way out and expect a free meal and then expect others to clean up the mess for them. But for those who do want to better them selves there is always a way to do so legally. It may very well involve in doing things they dont like. A good example of this is not having a HUGE family of five kids with out a way to support them.

  5. #53
    anti-semantics Pub Quiz Champion tsurara may be famous one day tsurara may be famous one day tsurara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Shikoku
    Posts
    1,308
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 84 Times in 55 Posts

    Re: Illegal Immigrants

    You're making the assumption that all immigrants are Mexicans.

    They aren't.

  6. #54
    Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Oceanside CA
    Posts
    1,297
    Thanks
    476
    Thanked 171 Times in 152 Posts

    Re: Illegal Immigrants

    Quote Originally Posted by tsurara View Post
    You're making the assumption that all immigrants are Mexicans.

    They aren't.
    And you are making an assumption that my assumption is that I think all illegal immigrants are Mexican.

    And I'm not. I am simply using MY situation as an example. You jumped to conclusion.

  7. #55
    anti-semantics Pub Quiz Champion tsurara may be famous one day tsurara may be famous one day tsurara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Shikoku
    Posts
    1,308
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 84 Times in 55 Posts

    Re: Illegal Immigrants

    I made no assumption. You replied to an argument made previously in a direct reference:

    Now a few other people said "Well they don’t speak English, how can they sign something that they don’t understand..." If you come out here you will see that just about every sign, every paper document is in English AND Spanish. So they can to understand it and they know what to do, where to go where to sign and blah blah blah.
    That would seem to imply you're saying the forms are available in multiple languages and thus remove language from the equation.

    behold:
    US Citizenship Application Process

    It will note that Form N-400 is required to apply. That form ishere

    Note that it (and all informational pages linking to it) are entirely in English.

    In addition:
    "The USCIS will send you an interview notice in the mail that will tell you the date, time and place of your interview. If you fail to bring the necessary documents, your case may be delayed or denied. During the interview, your ability to read, write and speak English will be tested. You will also have answer a set of civics questions to test your knowledge and understanding of the U.S. History and Government. "

    Furthermore, the availability of Spanish-language signage and material in your area doesn't help someone from India, Pakistan, China, Japan, Yugoslavia or Norway a bit...

    If you wanted only to share your remarkable experience of living in the Southwest, hooray... but this is the debate and discuss forum.. and frankly, as an argument ~ your experience holds no water.

  8. #56
    Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    3,259
    Thanks
    19
    Thanked 140 Times in 108 Posts

    Re: Illegal Immigrants

    Quote Originally Posted by tsurara View Post
    I made no assumption. You replied to an argument made previously in a direct reference:



    That would seem to imply you're saying the forms are available in multiple languages and thus remove language from the equation.

    behold:
    US Citizenship Application Process

    It will note that Form N-400 is required to apply. That form ishere

    Note that it (and all informational pages linking to it) are entirely in English.

    In addition:
    "The USCIS will send you an interview notice in the mail that will tell you the date, time and place of your interview. If you fail to bring the necessary documents, your case may be delayed or denied. During the interview, your ability to read, write and speak English will be tested. You will also have answer a set of civics questions to test your knowledge and understanding of the U.S. History and Government. "

    Furthermore, the availability of Spanish-language signage and material in your area doesn't help someone from India, Pakistan, China, Japan, Yugoslavia or Norway a bit...

    If you wanted only to share your remarkable experience of living in the Southwest, hooray... but this is the debate and discuss forum.. and frankly, as an argument ~ your experience holds no water.
    On the contrary your rebuttal has no basis instead since he is discussing ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS (the subject of the thread) who speak and read SPANISH. When we start getting millions of people from "India, Pakistan, China, Japan, Yugoslavia or Norway" crossing our southern border illegally then you can claim unavailable translations for them as a rebuttal. Until then your point is invalid.

    Oh and while I am here....

    Quote Originally Posted by tsurara View Post
    The issue wasn't the length of time so much as the paperwork, education and sheer amount of support and money the process requires:
    So what?


    Quote Originally Posted by tsurara View Post
    1) Many of the people coming in illegally CAN'T get work visas because they are not trained... nor do they have the means or connections to secure employment before leaving the country. Work visas aren't awarded ~to find~ a job... they're given to those who already have jobs lined up.
    Riiight. You don't know legal Mexican immigrants then. Everyone saves up so one of them can get a job then they refer another one to another job and and the next thing you know everyone from one village is working in the same industry, LEGALLY. It's called networking and it works for everyone not just citizens.


    Quote Originally Posted by tsurara View Post
    2) Most immigrants (legal or illegal) do not speak English perfectly (or anywhere near it), nor do most of their families speak English at all -- meaning many of them can't even understand the forms to fill out, much less pass an English language interview exam, history exam, driver's liscence test, etc. Even if they do, their families won't be able to speak English.
    Again, so what? I take you are also not familiar with the sheer number of translation services available. It is actually sickening since most of them are here for the ILLEGAL aliens let along the legal Immigrants. I wish it was a problem then maybe we wouldn't have one with illegal immigrants.

    Which brings us right back to Scourge's extremely valid point.

    l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to Arrianna For This Useful Post:

    Scourge (Mar 05, 2008)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7

Similar Threads

  1. Making backups of your own CDs is illegal according to Sony
    By GallComp in forum Sensory Pleasures
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: Oct 12, 2007, 05:24 AM
  2. Should illegal immigrants have rights in the US?
    By atomik_sprout in forum Debate and Discuss
    Replies: 81
    Last Post: Jun 21, 2007, 07:23 PM
  3. Illegal immigration good or bad??
    By koga23 in forum Debate and Discuss
    Replies: 55
    Last Post: Mar 27, 2007, 07:43 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts