+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Illegal immigration app

Banned beast may be famous one day beast may be famous one day beast's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Illegal immigration app

Quote Originally Posted by Lighting Count View Post
    well thats just silly if you've ever been to mexico you know they dont just give cell phones out for free, and if they did you could sell it and then just pay someone to take you to the US
    I think the finer points of the law and humanity are just beig ignored now and the whole thing is going off topic.

Otaku superstar9156 is off to a good start superstar9156's Avatar
    Thanks

That is funni. Yeah it's nice to help a man in need but, This Is The U.S we're talken about! of course it's illegal. And even though the cellphone idea was very clever, Obeying the law isn't hard to do. But I do wonder, Is it hard becoming a citizen of the U.S?

A Soul Needs a Purpose to Live.- Gaara

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zakizo View Post
    I seconed what Aceman said. I don't think it'd be right to just leave them out there to die. Also, for a free country, has anyone noticed how much it leans twards being a control-freak of a nation? Just saying.
    The US only leans towards its "control-freak" attitude for two reasons: Economic and the people.
    ...it's mostly economic, but the people make a difference too. (most of the restricting laws around here were made by people constantly complaining for "more safety")

The US restricts certain amounts of foreigners from coming in (or all-together if it's illegal) due to jobs being taken by them.
    However, that was mostly a problem of the past, as there used to be an overflow of immigrants coming from several countries due to economic downfalls in other countries after wars. Nowadays, there's not much overflow than what the media calls an overflow in the benefit of businesses.

In reality, most illegal immigrants tend to take the jobs that many everyday North Americans refuse to take. While they may say there's no jobs out there in this economic hole, there are actually several jobs that are available to the public - however no one really searches for "slaughterhouse" or "gardening" positions.

Of course, the other problem is that the North American businesses happen to be "taken over" by illegal immigrants - what most of the public doesn't seem to get is that these immigrants were practically HIRED by these businesses before they even got here.
    "The Land of Opportunity" is appealing, but it's much more appealing when they send people to your country and advertise the job opportunities to you - not telling you the problems that you'll face once you get there.

...they end up in a dead-end position where they must work for most of their lives for minimum wage and poor working environments.
    Of course, that's all they're cut out for, as most of them aren't able to speak English yet and have basic working skills. If they ever want to move up, they're going to have to go through hell trying to learn more skills - which usually takes years when set up in a program. In the end, most of them won't find the time to improve themselves to get up high enough to live a comfortable life. Though more comfortable than some of their previous lives, it's tough - and they're forced to accept that.

...and who benefits from this? The corporations do. Cheap labor and at large quantities. The US economy doesn't get anything from it, however, as most of these workers will never be able to purchase anything more than necessities (making little money go around). The corporations swell and just throw in scapegoats so that the CEO gets to retire rich, and all the companies just hope that the economy can be stimulated in a different market.

So yeah, in a way: The US is preventing illegal immigration as much as they are helping it.
    Is it because it's a losing battle of the government against corporations? Or is it because the government's trying to put on a smiley-faced mask as it does the dirty work in secret?

Mostly the former, but somewhat the latter as well.

Otaku ToxicShadow is off to a good start ToxicShadow's Avatar
    Thanks

i think its wrong what they do but they shouldnt get shot at just for trying to cross illeagaly the should just be deported thats about it and i really think some of them are idiots for walking the desert with out water dehydration kills most illeagal immagrants they should at least think that far a head
    Hold me Like you held on to life When all fears came alive and entombed me Love me Like you love the sun Scorching the blood in my vampire heart

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aceman67 View Post
    speaking from a humanitarian viewpoint: I would rather have Illegals not die out in the desert, what does that say about us has humans if we let this kind of thing happen?
    I can agree with that. I never really looked at it from that angle. I wouldn't support leaving people to die. However, there are ways to do things to get in to the US so you don't have to risk your life by crossing desserts and what-not.

丹色 月影 BrightShadow_96 may be famous one day BrightShadow_96 may be famous one day BrightShadow_96's Avatar
    Thanks

Having illegal immigrants coming to the United States definitely hurts the economy by basically getting around the protectionist U.S. policies that prevent foreign low-cost businesses from eliminating U.S. competition. That being said, I think the assistance could encourage more of this illegal immigration, which is my only true grievance with it. In every other respect, I think it's very considerate, and has a certain 'Underground Railroad' charm about it (not that I'm saying the circumstances are the same, because they're obviously not). Just because someone wants to come to a new country and can't become a citizen legally doesn't mean that they have to die in the wilderness.

Otaku Frisbee Throwing Champion, Yeti 1 Greece Champion Billum256 is off to a good start Billum256's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't agree with illegal immigration. The whole thing just causes problems. Illegal aliens should be deported back to their respected countries. If they go through all the paperwork then by all means "Welcome to America!". I don't like the concept of people dying, but we have to draw a line somewhere. We can't just help everyone and keep ourselves afloat. It just isn't possible.
    98% of AO members are yaoi or lollicon fans. If you are part of the 2% that are not, copy and paste this into your sig

Sig By Me
    "We're all sinners in the hands of the loving God"

Otaku clover may be famous one day clover may be famous one day clover's Avatar
    Thanks

its funny
    but its not at the same time, i understand where their coming from to want to do boarder crossing to get something that pays more money to survive. the cell phone thing though can be risky now that you can track most cell phones, and theres no need for them to die for trying to help their families out where they make close to no money at all from jobs in their own country. Just so they can support their families better in their own country like most immigraints do.

i know we dont have many job openings and its hard enough for us to get jobs now, the thing is usually illegals do the jobs that nobody wants, or is low in that area.
    Many americans want jobs that involve sitting in a chair all day, not actual work. Since moving to texas, i found that alot of the illegals tend to work in construction and the manual labor jobs, or the jobs that nobody wants. though im sure many people now would like to have any job they can get.

and yes its a hard process to go through citizenship. it could be a couple of months to years before you could become a us citizen. it depends on the immagration staus, and how many people they go through every month. Its especially harder for mexicans since they can go through thousands a month.

you have to pay for the testing, be qualified before the testing, send mouth swabs, print testing, have backgrounds checked, get the work permit, or vistiors pass. then when you have it, you have to go to interviews, get a green card and wait depending....it could be threee to five years before you can apply to become a citizen. Sometimes longer than that, and you have check ups from immigration to make sure you live where you live, work, visit, stuff like that.

and its even long now since 911 immigration was shut down close to a year before it opened again to have the process for people waiting months to years to apply to be come a citizen, and people wonder why some just come in illegally.

I know this because even though i was american born, once you live outside the US for a certain amount of years your swiped from the system. When i came back, i had to go through the whole process to become an american citizen again. I was six, and didnt get full status again until i was 11 five years later.

Im also going to say, this country was founded on immigration, they only ones who actually were here to being with were they native americans, mexicans, and norwegin vikings. The english and french moved in and slaughter many people, turned them into slaves, like they have done so many before. Nobody can actually claim their american since we all come from different backrounds from people from other countries. Yes we all say were american and proud to be, but still when someone askes you where you name is from, or your accent, your even more proud to say im from such and such.

..........nothing is true, everything is permitted..........

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2