Closed Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Illegal immigration good or bad??

Otaku Chubz may be famous one day Chubz may be famous one day Chubz's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: illegal immigration good or bad??

I have to say that for the majority of it, illegal immigration is bad.

First off, you have to question why these people are coming over illegally. Yes, it takes time to get all your papers and that, but legal immigrants do it, so what should exempt the illegal immigrants? If you want to show loyalty to the country you're moving to, then you should respect the laws of that country. Also, another reason why you have illegal immigrants is that some of them have prior criminal convictions/criminal records which would impede on their ability to enter the country.

Yes, there are cases where you have illegal immigrants who enter illegally due to horrible/violent conditions of their home country. But the cases of that happening with illegal immigrants are few and far between. The majority of them aren't coming from some war torn country. And, for cases where someone is coming from a war torn country, they can apply for 'refugee status.' Funny then, that you don't have as many illegal immigrants applying for that.

Here in BC, we had a problem a couple years ago where we had ships coming over from China with illegal immigrants, but the process was being run by criminal organizations over in China. They were also shipping illegal immigrants over in shipping containers, and there were several incidents here where dead bodies were found in the containers. While the criminal groups were shipping standard illegal immigrants, they were also shipping members of their own groups, who were starting organizations over here in BC. This caused an increase in the crime rate, because groups such as the Snakehead gang (crime group in China) were setting up shop, and sending members through illegally.

The money that the illegal immigrants were paying were HUGE amounts, and their safety wasn't guaranteed or anything (like I said, several showed up dead). Pretty much these illegal immigrants (while not all were criminals) were FUNDING criminal organizations. They could have waited a few years to be accepted, but instead chose to pay huge huge amounts of money to come through illegally.

My dad is originally from Britain, didn't have a criminal record or anything, but was denied entry into Canada I believe 3 times (he even had recommendations on his application from several RCMP officers). Despite that, he never tried to enter Canada illegally. So is it fair that someone should just be allowed to waltz in to a country, without showing respect to that country's laws, and be allowed to stay? I think not.

There are cases where citizenship should be sped up (like in cases of refugee status, or where the person is at risk). But the majority of illegal immigrants aren't at risk. It's simply illegal immigration, nothing more. This causes a back up in the regular immigration process, because the government has to try and control the influx of people. They have to take into account the amount of illegal immigrants entering the country when setting the standard for how many people are allowed in each year, so it jams up the process, making the wait times even longer for those who are coming in properly.

Many Thanks To SasuraiHell For The Sig!

Newbie Bloody Sword may be famous one day Bloody Sword may be famous one day Bloody Sword's Avatar
    Thanks

I have to be inbetween the matter because the good thing is that more kids in school the better school can become with more money from the state government and that way they could educat with no problems but on the bad side the adults of the immigration are taking more housing and food and jobs and are making some of the people that were already here angry because the immagrants are taking jobs for less money and they do more.....so I can see the good and bad.....

??* Judge and Executioner ??* White Van Man Champion, Home Run Derby Champion, Mahjongg sport Champion, Jewel Champion, The Asteroids Champion koga23 may be famous one day koga23 may be famous one day koga23's Avatar
    Thanks

this is what i think the government should just throw the illegal immigrates out i kno it seams harsh but there here illegally, but they dont care about it as long as there making money,and as long as illegal immigrates come in to the US it takes away from the ppl that are here legally,
    Last edited by koga23; Feb 15, 2007 at 11:02 AM.
    ....Player Killer....
    ??* "There is nothing to fear but F.E.A.R. it self -(F.E.A.R) " ??*

Devil's Advocate TaurusDemon23 may be famous one day TaurusDemon23 may be famous one day TaurusDemon23's Avatar
    Thanks

Meh, illegal immigration's illegal immigration. What burns my jerky is the fact that, even years after being in the country, they still see fit to fly the flags of their own countries. Mexicans for example, especially in Wichita, run around flying around the red, white, and green. I think it's close to treason in my opinion. What bidness do they have flying their ****ing flags in my country? I bet if I waved the red, white and blue around in Mexico, i'd more and likely get my ass kicked and arrested.

I say let them deal with the consequences of their own actions, and be deported. Anyone trying to cross the border illegally should be shot on sight. We should be building an electrified fence as well.

The thing that I find wrong with America is that our own leaders would rather treat foreigners better than our own ppl. They'd rather lock our asses up while promoting "Freedom and Democracy" elsewhere.

After the Iraq Misadventure, we should withdraw into isolationism for a bit and work on our own problems. Screw the other nations, they have their own governments. Let them do their damn job.
    NoT tHe SiGgY yOu R lOOkInG 4
    Move Along.

Otaku MistressMorgan may be famous one day MistressMorgan may be famous one day MistressMorgan's Avatar
    Im not sure but someone get me out of here!
    Thanks

Its frustrating because not only are they not paying taxes, they send the money they do make out of the country to their families, which hurts our economy. I live in Utah and not too long ago there was a huge protest from the spanish community. Most of them didnt even know what they were protesting, they just kept saying "Viva la Mexico" and "We have rights". It was so stupid because what they dont understand is that as an illegal immigrant they dont have rights. They are breaking the law. And if mexico is so great what the hell are they doing here? I dont even make $50,000 a year but I pay a taxes every year. It is so frustrating to see my neighbors (who are here illegally) send their kids they gave birth to in the states (making them american citezens) to school everyday and know that they dont pay the taxes for that school. BUT I DO!!!!

Devil's Advocate TaurusDemon23 may be famous one day TaurusDemon23 may be famous one day TaurusDemon23's Avatar
    Thanks

For real, we need to do something drastic about these damn Mexicans. I was working temp for this uniform company and do you know what language I heard the most.......if everything was alright with our country, I'd be hearing english. But noooooo!!! All i heard was spanish jabber from all the old mexican ladies. I saw signs mostly in spanish (to be fair, there was english language signs, too.). Made me feel like I was in the wrong country.

Sure I might be labeled "Xenophobic" or "Racist" for voicing my opinion. It's as if because I'm White, I can't criticize anyone without being branded something. Well, **** dat shit!!
    NoT tHe SiGgY yOu R lOOkInG 4
    Move Along.

Moderator Fling The Cow Champion, Abba The Fox Champion deodaclan18 may be famous one day deodaclan18 may be famous one day deodaclan18's Avatar
    Thanks

Calm down is all I'm going to say. I will agree with you on the fact of how our government is dropping the ball when it comes to taking care of its own people though. I just hope once bush is gone we will be able to finally look into fixing up our own counrty before we worry about the rest of the world, cause we need the improvements.

But I'm not sure about about the fence thing, it reminds me of the berlin wall. Plus there are ways to get past an electric fence, and I don't think we will be deploying enough guards to guard the whole border anytime soon.

Trance Addict jaam0927 may be famous one day jaam0927 may be famous one day jaam0927's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by koga23 View Post
    this is what i think the government should just throw the illegal immigrates out i kno it seams harsh but there here illegally, but they dont care about it as long as there making money,and as long as illegal immigrates come in to the US it takes away from the ppl that are here legally,
    so u say u want to throw out 12 to 15 million ppl?
    thats just like 3 million ppl shy of the 50% of all of California's population. wouldnt be the brightest idea...
    Im not sayin they should let them stay and give them all residensy papers, they need to create something like a program to search -> find -> and organize all the illegal immigrants... give maybe working visas to the productive ones and deport the ones that r of no use...
    Thank you SasuraiHell for making my sig. ur the best.
    "I came, I saw, I conquered" - Julious Cesar

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast