Closed Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Illegal immigration good or bad??

Otaku sangogirl may be famous one day sangogirl may be famous one day sangogirl's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: illegal immigration good or bad??

okay i have done research on this topic for a human geography class before and i am here to tell people the other side of the story.

1. illegals are taking about 4 billion from the u.s. economy but are putting back about 6 billion or more. You see many of the illegals are plantation workers. They get payed (when the plantation owner feels like it cause if he or she doesn't want to pay them they don't need to) but most if not all get taxes reduced from their pay. and then they have to pay taxes to have fake papers (which most do have fake papers) and last they pay fake social security numbers which they will never collect when they are older. now compare this with what bush has wasted on the war in iraq and i think that we should focus more on ending that war than getting rid of the work force and enforcing new laws.

2. how many of ya'll grew up saying, "i wanna be a fruit picker and make a dollar a day while burning my skin and being treated like a slave when i grow up" ? Not many huh. These people are getting less than minimum wage, are sometimes not payed and a now they don't qualify for financial aid.

3. It's illegal. These people are only trying to feed their families. Now if this country thinks that Andrea Yates ( a texan woman who drowned her 5 kids) innocent but a poor parent who is trying to save thier children guilty then there is something wrong with the picture.

4. plus we have the right of free speech in the u.s. if we want to talk fluently in another language than talk chopy and stumble over words when we want to talk to family then why not just talk fluently.
    every rose has a thorn

Newbie Kowa may be famous one day Kowa may be famous one day Kowa's Avatar
    Thanks

okay i have done research on this topic for a human geography class before and i am here to tell people the other side of the story.

1. illegals are taking about 4 billion from the u.s. economy but are putting back about 6 billion or more. You see many of the illegals are plantation workers. They get payed (when the plantation owner feels like it cause if he or she doesn't want to pay them they don't need to) but most if not all get taxes reduced from their pay. and then they have to pay taxes to have fake papers (which most do have fake papers) and last they pay fake social security numbers which they will never collect when they are older. now compare this with what bush has wasted on the war in iraq and i think that we should focus more on ending that war than getting rid of the work force and enforcing new laws.

2. how many of ya'll grew up saying, "i wanna be a fruit picker and make a dollar a day while burning my skin and being treated like a slave when i grow up" ? Not many huh. These people are getting less than minimum wage, are sometimes not payed and a now they don't qualify for financial aid.

3. It's illegal. These people are only trying to feed their families. Now if this country thinks that Andrea Yates ( a texan woman who drowned her 5 kids) innocent but a poor parent who is trying to save thier children guilty then there is something wrong with the picture.

4. plus we have the right of free speech in the u.s. if we want to talk fluently in another language than talk chopy and stumble over words when we want to talk to family then why not just talk fluently.

1.Yes i absolutely agree with this. immigrants are not taking jobs from Americans. it is Americans that don't want to work.

Go to any homeless shelter and you will see there is a place where people are guaranteed temp work. but those spots never get filled because no one really wants to do them.

i believe in tolerance and well i believe that immigration should be free. open the borders to all people no matter what their creed.

2. immigrants do pay taxes. you know all the products they buy? sales tax yah no one can escape that.

3. if you want to stop illegal immigration then go after the numorus companies that have outsourced to Mexico and South America, tell them to stop making people work at gun point. tell them to stop threatening the women workers with rape. tell them to pay them at least slightly less then what a migrant field worker is paid. make them do this. then you will drasticlly reduce immigration.

to be continued...
    "Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies within the heart of mankind."
    - Edward D, Morrison

You know the funny thing? People say I kinda look like Tenchi ^_^

Moderator Fling The Cow Champion, Abba The Fox Champion deodaclan18 may be famous one day deodaclan18 may be famous one day deodaclan18's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't see why america has to be a shelter for people who have problems in their own country. I understand if people want to legally become americans and join our country in a respectable fashion, but to just come in to escape your own problems shows how much they respect this countries laws. What happens when the illegals become a large population in the country cause then it might be too late for us to try and find a solution to this problem.

Don't think I don't have compassion, cause I do. I would understand if we helped out people lets say if a catastrophe occured, but taking them in cause their own country doesn't have jobs???? It should be their countries problem, not ours.

Newbie Kowa may be famous one day Kowa may be famous one day Kowa's Avatar
    Thanks

but taking them in cause their own country doesn't have jobs???? It should be their countries problem, not ours.
    the country has high unemployment rate because Gov' officials are bribed by American companies to make it that way.

And not all of them flee. Have you heard of the Zapatista movement? The Zapatista's is recognized as its own sovergn country. they are taking what the corrupt gov' has made and turning it completely around. the Zapatista gov consists of everyday people school teachers mothers fathers even kids as young a 14 years. they have their own health care system, school system, and AUG systems. everyone in their territory gets health care and everybody has a chance to get a decent education.
    "Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies within the heart of mankind."
    - Edward D, Morrison

You know the funny thing? People say I kinda look like Tenchi ^_^

Trance Addict jaam0927 may be famous one day jaam0927 may be famous one day jaam0927's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by koga23 View Post
    ok,u said to profile check 2 see wut the person has done right? k if u do it that way just about all the illegal immigrates in the US have no papers to check and as for finding em well that anit so easy the government cant even find ossam never mind some one in are own country,and as for working visa shure as long as they dont stay here "yes i kno thats heartless of me"
    first: u dont need to have papers in order for the gov to know stuff about u... the gov is all knowing(about the ppl living in the country)... if u havent realized that by know...
    like a a couple of years ago when I tried to get my tourist visa: I went there expecting them 2 ask questions about me... instead they told me everything, almost of like from wut I am gonna die...
    also, illegal immigrants have backing accounts, jobs, and this and that... so the gov can find stuff about them that way too.

second: I never said it was gonna be easy to find... but the gov could start doing more about it... cuz like the gov. doesnt care about finding immigrants right now...
    by the way in ur second post u said "this is what i think the government should just throw the illegal immigrates"... so "finding em well that anit so easy" u answered ur own question or contradicted urself, I dunno u got me confused on that one

third: "the government cant even find ossam never mind some one in are own country"... I think u put that sentence in a bad order... it should be >>> if they cant find a person in their own territory, how do they expect to find ossama?... why? cuz its a lot harder to find some1 that lives in another continent, is constantly moving, and lives underground than some1 that lives in under their own gov. I dunno u got me confused on that one 2.

and fourth: a working visa is for a given number of years... I think its 6 tops... so they wont be staying here 4 life...
    and not heartless at all man... if they dont find the time to try 2 fix their papers... why should they stay...
    Thank you SasuraiHell for making my sig. ur the best.
    "I came, I saw, I conquered" - Julious Cesar

??* Judge and Executioner ??* White Van Man Champion, Home Run Derby Champion, Mahjongg sport Champion, Jewel Champion, The Asteroids Champion koga23 may be famous one day koga23 may be famous one day koga23's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jaam0927 View Post
    first: u dont need to have papers in order for the gov to know stuff about u... the gov is all knowing(about the ppl living in the country)... if u havent realized that by know...
    like a a couple of years ago when I tried to get my tourist visa: I went there expecting them 2 ask questions about me... instead they told me everything, almost of like from wut I am gonna die...
    also, illegal immigrants have backing accounts, jobs, and this and that... so the gov can find stuff about them that way too.

second: I never said it was gonna be easy to find... but the gov could start doing more about it... cuz like the gov. doesnt care about finding immigrants right now...
    by the way in ur second post u said "this is what i think the government should just throw the illegal immigrates"... so "finding em well that anit so easy" u answered ur own question or contradicted urself, I dunno u got me confused on that one

third: "the government cant even find ossam never mind some one in are own country"... I think u put that sentence in a bad order... it should be >>> if they cant find a person in their own territory, how do they expect to find ossama?... why? cuz its a lot harder to find some1 that lives in another continent, is constantly moving, and lives underground than some1 that lives in under their own gov. I dunno u got me confused on that one 2.

and fourth: a working visa is for a given number of years... I think its 6 tops... so they wont be staying here 4 life...
    and not heartless at all man... if they dont find the time to try 2 fix their papers... why should they stay...
    1.i have but they mostly dont pay attention to any thing that may hurt them in the long run

2.really? uh guess i dident stick to it then

3.ahh but they did find him and let him go i think was because he was to close to a holysite so they dident kill him

4. i agree with u there on the if they dont try too fix their papers they should be kick out as for the 6yr working visa i think it sould be more like 2
    ....Player Killer....
    ??* "There is nothing to fear but F.E.A.R. it self -(F.E.A.R) " ??*

Otaku Fallen Hero may be famous one day Fallen Hero may be famous one day Fallen Hero's Avatar
    Thanks

The fact of the matter is everyone can't come to the United States. The U.S. does promote freedom and democracy but not ever one gets it. By get it I mean they have to draw the line somewhere you know. Otherwise the whole country would be immigrants, not that it would be a bad thing but there would be to many people to support. The sad truth is that immigrants are not all welcomed because the U.S. can't handle ever single one.

Otaku sangogirl may be famous one day sangogirl may be famous one day sangogirl's Avatar
    Thanks

we are only 6 % of the worlds population and use 50% of the earth's resources. now china which is a up and coming nation that might be one of the most powerfull nations soon. they have 1/6 of the worlds population and they are doing fine right now. how is it that we can't handle a couple of immigrants but they can handle all of those people?
    every rose has a thorn

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast