okay i have done research on this topic for a human geography class before and i am here to tell people the other side of the story.
1. illegals are taking about 4 billion from the u.s. economy but are putting back about 6 billion or more. You see many of the illegals are plantation workers. They get payed (when the plantation owner feels like it cause if he or she doesn't want to pay them they don't need to) but most if not all get taxes reduced from their pay. and then they have to pay taxes to have fake papers (which most do have fake papers) and last they pay fake social security numbers which they will never collect when they are older. now compare this with what bush has wasted on the war in iraq and i think that we should focus more on ending that war than getting rid of the work force and enforcing new laws.
2. how many of ya'll grew up saying, "i wanna be a fruit picker and make a dollar a day while burning my skin and being treated like a slave when i grow up" ? Not many huh. These people are getting less than minimum wage, are sometimes not payed and a now they don't qualify for financial aid.
3. It's illegal. These people are only trying to feed their families. Now if this country thinks that Andrea Yates ( a texan woman who drowned her 5 kids) innocent but a poor parent who is trying to save thier children guilty then there is something wrong with the picture.
4. plus we have the right of free speech in the u.s. if we want to talk fluently in another language than talk chopy and stumble over words when we want to talk to family then why not just talk fluently.
1.Yes i absolutely agree with this. immigrants are not taking jobs from Americans. it is Americans that don't want to work.
Go to any homeless shelter and you will see there is a place where people are guaranteed temp work. but those spots never get filled because no one really wants to do them.
i believe in tolerance and well i believe that immigration should be free. open the borders to all people no matter what their creed.
2. immigrants do pay taxes. you know all the products they buy? sales tax yah no one can escape that.
3. if you want to stop illegal immigration then go after the numorus companies that have outsourced to Mexico and South America, tell them to stop making people work at gun point. tell them to stop threatening the women workers with rape. tell them to pay them at least slightly less then what a migrant field worker is paid. make them do this. then you will drasticlly reduce immigration.
to be continued...