+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: The Influence of Television

Abomination Smacky Champion, Celebrity Power Lifte Champion, Crash Test Dummy High Jump Champion, Super Track 2001 Champion, Endless Flight Champion, Drop Kick Champion, Bloody Rage Champion, Dropkick The Faint Champion, Splash Back Champion Spin Da Ish is off to a good start Spin Da Ish's Avatar
    Thanks

The Influence of Television

Is television taking our kids and making it so that they do inaproprate things liek swear and take on violence?

Too me thats a whole lot of bull crap. imaging seeing MI3 and saying ohh i feel like shooting someone cuz tom cruise did. Thats a bunch of garbage

Otaku arubberchicken is off to a good start arubberchicken's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: TV Influence?

from wat ive heard, kids growing up and seeing that everyday that has *some* influence.. but still people should know wat is reality and wat isnt

??* Judge and Executioner ??* White Van Man Champion, Home Run Derby Champion, Mahjongg sport Champion, Jewel Champion, The Asteroids Champion koga23 may be famous one day koga23 may be famous one day koga23's Avatar
    Thanks

when i was yunger i watched alot of R movies and im not killing ppl i think it a just a scape goat for ppl to say it was a show that made em do it.
    ....Player Killer....
    ??* "There is nothing to fear but F.E.A.R. it self -(F.E.A.R) " ??*

Horror movies rule Graveyard Champion Familyguyfan2 may be famous one day Familyguyfan2 may be famous one day Familyguyfan2's Avatar
    Thanks

Post Re: TV Influence?

Quote Originally Posted by Spin Da Ish View Post
    Is television taking our kids and making it so that they do inaproprate things liek swear and take on violence?

Too me thats a whole lot of bull crap. imaging seeing MI3 and saying ohh i feel like shooting someone cuz tom cruise did. Thats a bunch of garbage

Yeah some people have problems. Some teen hung himself after seeing the Saddam hanging video. That's crazy,but its a true story. Some kids get the swearing from parents too. I don't know why some people think most teens or kids are going to do what they see! That's dumb not every teen is like that. Some of them have issues. There are just somethings that can't be explained. When I watch movies with smoking it doesn't mean I'm going to smoke! That's stupid too!

Newbie roly_poly may be famous one day roly_poly may be famous one day roly_poly's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by koga23 View Post
    when i was yunger i watched alot of R movies and im not killing ppl i think it a just a scape goat for ppl to say it was a show that made em do it.
    lolol. I'd like to think you were lucky to be able to watch R movies but I'd still to be too scared to watch them.

I think TV has influenced kids. I mean, if kids watch a lot of sports than they want to play sports, yeah? And swearing on TV has definitely made me swear when I was younger. It seemed like the cool thing, because I see Samuel L. Jackson and John Travolta and everyone else dropping the f-bomb in Pulp Fiction and it's kind of hard not to follow them, even if I didn't understand what the movie was about. Violence I'm not too sure about. Occasionally kids try to pull kung fu moves but I like to think they only do that when play fighting.

times ohshc watched: 2 and 5/26

Newbie Seraphim Tears may be famous one day Seraphim Tears may be famous one day Seraphim Tears's Avatar
    Thanks

Well, some television programs and movies do depict a lot of violence that some kids and teens, even adults, would follow. Sometimes, it's really not good and can be dangerous. But other times, it's really not that bad. But, at times, words can be said that were in a movie and it could offend someone. Then, it becomes really serious.
    Live life to the fullest and never stop.

Fish Fingers & Custard Ice Hockey Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Mini Putt 3 Champion, Ant Tracks Champion, Jungle Hunt Champion, Madnetics Champion, Manole Champion, Blokken Champion, Fast Food Fiasco Champion, Shapes Hifters Champion, Mud and Blood: Vietnam Champion HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice's Avatar
    someplace where the only light is the moon above
    Thanks

Catechists participating in the Joint Jubilee Congress on Catechesis and Catholic Education in the Philippines were advised yesterday to become role models to Filipino youth as the young people are now faced with the threats of technological and visual influences, such as the widely popular telenovelas and soap operas seen on TV and the use of equipment hooked on modern technology.

Basilan Bishop Romulo de la Cruz, on the second day
    i think TV ,music ,video games, anything media wise or connected to it
    influences kids to a point not to the extreams like most think but to some
    extent to where its noticeable.

here is a link for more info on this topic - Bishop airs concern on TV, technology influence on youth.(Main News) - Manila Bulletin - HighBeam Research

Abomination Smacky Champion, Celebrity Power Lifte Champion, Crash Test Dummy High Jump Champion, Super Track 2001 Champion, Endless Flight Champion, Drop Kick Champion, Bloody Rage Champion, Dropkick The Faint Champion, Splash Back Champion Spin Da Ish is off to a good start Spin Da Ish's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by HolderOfTheDarkChalice View Post
    i think TV ,music ,video games, anything media wise or connected to it
    influences kids to a point not to the extreams like most think but to some
    extent to where its noticeable.

here is a link for more info on this topic - Bishop airs concern on TV, technology influence on youth.(Main News) - Manila Bulletin - HighBeam Research
    yea i was sort of exagerating a bit but there is a point where kid will take idead from all these people for example just today when baby cousin{10 years old} came in he was like:

'hey wuts up man?'
    'nuttin much kid, hey go watch TV ill make ya sumthing good'
    'nahh all the shows are f**king boring now'

.... i couldn't belive my ear man like my friggin 10 year old baby cousin talking to me like that. Ok my frineds talk to em liek tat but i've pretty much haven't heard a little kid in his clas ever say the 'f' word../.. =/

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast