+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: The Influence of Television

??* Judge and Executioner ??* White Van Man Champion, Home Run Derby Champion, Mahjongg sport Champion, Jewel Champion, The Asteroids Champion koga23 may be famous one day koga23 may be famous one day koga23's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: The Influence of Television

its not tv that Influence most kids its just bad parinting
    ....Player Killer....
    ??* "There is nothing to fear but F.E.A.R. it self -(F.E.A.R) " ??*

Otaku arubberchicken is off to a good start arubberchicken's Avatar
    Thanks

sometimes not so... if the parents dont put restrictions on the kid and let them do watever they want then the kid may get ideas from tv and think it is cool to do it and get in some deep crap.. but soemtimes its just the kid who goes into their own world and... well yeah... i guess a big chunk of it is part of the parents fault but not always... there is always exceptions

Otaku Mini Pool 2 Champion, England turkey bowling Champion Namida Goddess may be famous one day Namida Goddess may be famous one day Namida Goddess's Avatar
    Thanks

I can understand that young children would like to be just like their favorite actor/hero but besides a little extra imagination I do not believe that TV is where bad actions come from. I think that the best and worst influence for a child is life and what they surround themselves with. Some people grow up to be violent and disturbed because of the environment that they came from. TV shows are not the real enemy but that is where a lot of people would like to place the blame.

Nisou Tenshi Hot Shots Champion, Elroy Learns To Fly Champion, Daves Castle Hunt Champion, Mom-Jongg! Champion, Uncle Sam Champion Priestess Angel may be famous one day Priestess Angel may be famous one day Priestess Angel's Avatar
    Thanks

Not really. I'm just saying this from personal experience but I have watched a lot of shows with violence, cuss words, and sexual situations (You get that when you have over 13 boy cousins). I got a lot of it when I was way too young to watch it. But the thing is it never really influenced me to do anything bad because when I watched I always knew it was just a movie or a show. Nothing to take very seriously.
    What has shaped me into the person I am today is mostly influence from my parents and my peers. Not any TV shows, movies, video games, or any form of media.

Femmebot Rehab Colt Crouse Champion, Bookworm Champion, Hangman Champion, Connect 2 Champion Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows's Avatar
    Thanks

Well I actually have 2 kids, one of which is 4 years of age. hes greatly influenced by what he sees on T.V. However, fictional shows at least seem to have good storylines and plots. Theres always a recognizable hero and bad guy, and a moral to the story. Where as I could be watching Cops (non-fiction) or the news, and get more pointles violence. Heck, I even grew up in a crime infested neighborhood! I really didn't even NEED a T.V. to subject my kids to violence. Point being. Violence is part of life.
    ... Not Ever Again...

Otaku Sasuke Is Emo may be famous one day Sasuke Is Emo's Avatar
    Thanks

yo spin i agree with u fully the only ppl who get affected by tv are the ppl dumb enough to think that watever happe ns on tv is OK yo but due why r u reffering to kids in the 3rd person? ur a kid too dude
    Love only if you are willing to hate.

Otaku AnimeGeek may be famous one day AnimeGeek may be famous one day AnimeGeek's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: TV Influence?

Quote Originally Posted by arubberchicken View Post
    from wat ive heard, kids growing up and seeing that everyday that has *some* influence.. but still people should know wat is reality and wat isnt
    I agree...

I used to watch a lot of movies and TV. And yes I would act it out but I knew reality from dreamworld of flying and killing. I would watch some martial arts movie and act it out but not to the point of actually wanting to hurt someone because I knew that was not right.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4