+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Inhalant/Parents

THUMBSUCKING ADDICTION Mr. K is making a name for themselves Mr. K is making a name for themselves Mr. K's Avatar
    Thanks

Arrow Inhalant/Parents

Inhalants are a chemically diverse group of psychoactive substances composed of organic solvents and volatile substances commonly found in more than 1000 common household products, such as adhesives, hair spray, air fresheners, gasoline, lighter fluid, and paint.

The practice of inhaling such substances is sometimes colloquially referred to as huffing, sniffing or chroming.

Solvents are some of the most dangerous substances used recreationally, and can cause serious damage to the brain and central nervous system, and are generally only used by young substance abusers or as a desperate last resort for financially deprived drug addicts. While not regulated in the United States under the Controlled Substances Act, many states have placed restrictions on the sale of these products to minors.

(copy from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inhalants)

Ok this is more about. Being a Good Parent run. If there things are in your house, how is it one can be a good, parent without removing these items.

(My point of view)
    As many kids that are taken away from there families, everyday, for minor stuff. We let these items sit in are house, and yet blame The school, and internet (used to be Tv) For are kids problems. I wish people would take some Responsible.

Yes I Know the chances are dying are... well there aginist you. First time you do it, can be your last.

A kid in America I believe, heard from some other kids if you hang yourself, for a bite, then let go, you can have a buzz feeling. That goes with burning the banana, and smelling it. One kid died, the other kid cant move his body now.

I think these days it hard to be a parent,when you have some many things to worry about. Here you have well my daughter doesn't have sex, so she's not going to get STD's or AIDS, but she wants to kill herself. My son's very popular in school, but I think he's on drugs.

The things we do~!

*father's joke*
    Where's the kid that came up with if you go into the food store, and hold the spary can down, so only the gases can come out, inhale it; and got high? Where is he?

He should have a nobal prize.

(Topic)
    Would you do this~!?
    As a parent, how to you stop this~!
    What should be down by this? ::
    Do you think its harder being a parent know these days, than past times? i

(Debate)
    Only stupid people let this happen?
    ≥°≤ [?] █▓▒░░▒▓█ [?] ≥°≤
    You know how you drown a blonde, Rosalie? Glue a mirror to the bottom of a pool.
    Jacob Black, Breaking Dawn, Chapter 14, p.271
    Lamie Hynamen "I reject your reality and substitute my own."

Otaku Spymonk may be famous one day Spymonk may be famous one day Spymonk's Avatar
    I live in South Africa and i was born in Pretoria.
    Thanks

Re: Inhalant/Parents

Yes is is more difficult to teach your children the ways u have been teached because the distrations is so much more ,cellphones ,internet,anime tv showsand all that so yeah punishing kids for their wrong doings aswell see how many kids take the parents to court these days....

If u are driven by diccipline u will loose the fight...
    Todays kids in the majority is house trained and not like in the past where kids played outside and created their own games to day everything is handed on a silver platter.

One example
    How many kids today have dictionaries - If u wanna know something u Google it,if u want it discussed u start a new thread
    So the interaction and swapping of opinions between parent and child has gone down by at least 50 %..
    995 of thing kids know today is taught by some else than the parent...Parent are too busy these day making money or not.....

My opinion alone.

Newbie Xorr may be famous one day Xorr may be famous one day Xorr's Avatar
    Thanks

as a I'm a bit older but not a parent yet (thank god) but I think that parents are letting TV and the Internet raise their kids more than they are. they should ban cell phones in schools, do research and projects offline to teach how to use books, but I still blame the parents, you need to spend more time with your kids, don't censor what they see but explain to them whats going on, these are the things that would have helped me when I was younger. your letting other people the media and just random other things raise your children, when the whole time you should be doing it.

on the part of you think your son is on drugs, don't be so hopeful like my parents were, search his stuff, talk to him about it, but don't be an ass.

Fish Fingers & Custard Ice Hockey Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Mini Putt 3 Champion, Ant Tracks Champion, Jungle Hunt Champion, Madnetics Champion, Manole Champion, Blokken Champion, Fast Food Fiasco Champion, Shapes Hifters Champion, Mud and Blood: Vietnam Champion HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice's Avatar
    someplace where the only light is the moon above
    Thanks

i agree and just becuase you did drigs as a kid dont let that make you think your a hypocrite because your not you have been there and you experince is very helpfull to them you can tell them the bad side of drugs and the like.
    dont let your own back ground stop you from helping your kids. they may thing your boaring or annoying but its better than giving them rosses on a beautifull sunday morning with a tear running down your cheek.
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and all your demons
    I'll be the one to protect you from a will to survive and a voice of reason
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and your choices son
    They're one in the same, I must isolate you...
    Isolate and save you from yourself

AO Animator mellow maromi may be famous one day mellow maromi may be famous one day mellow maromi's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Xorr View Post
    on the part of you think your son is on drugs, don't be so hopeful like my parents were, search his stuff, talk to him about it, but don't be an ass.
    Dont search his stuff. Thats an invasion of privacy and you will probably find things that are not drugs, but are not pleasant either. It kids feel like shit to find out there parents found something that they werent supposed to find. It makes kids hate themselves and want to kill themselves. Dont search through his things, its his privacy and his personal space. And by doing so your violating it. Its his buisness what he has and you better respect that. As for your daughter, even she has sex, if her and her partner uses a condom every time she has a less chance of getting a std. Its better to have sex and still be safe than to make her feel like crap and be suicidal...

Community Dude Asteroids Champion dude101 may be famous one day dude101 may be famous one day dude101's Avatar
    Thanks

i might be sticking up for some of the parents.. but when has there ever been a handbook that tells u how to be a perfect parent?.. how do u know what is good for ur kids?...

sure we can critise our or other parents all we want but hey, they are only human and they are only making what they are suposed to do as they go. and come on there's goin to be mistakes, and sure they're will be misunderstanding and mistrust and all the other things that come with it.

and sure with kids being able to access much more 'material' parenting has become more complicated. k today we see a 2 income earning family (both parents work), and this does seem to create a large gap between children the there parents, and parents can't keep an eye on there kids all the time.

but hinding solvents, searching through bedrooms, and doin all these other things is kinda insulting for the children. its pretty much sayin " i don't trust u" right in their faces... and when kids don't trust their parents and vis versa, thats when all hope of comunication collaspses.

but when u get onto the subject about kids wanting to kill themselves, doin drugs, etc. well honestly i don't think we can entirely blame the parents, i mean most kids know what they are doin to themselves, how dangerous it is (unless under some kind of influence such as drugs, pear pressure, etc) but they still do it. they do it cause they choose to do it, and in most cases they only do it to have some kind of 'fun' but they chose to do it so they need to take on some of the responcibility themselves.

but i have to admit that most parents aren't aware of what we kids do, all they can ever really do is keep an eye out when they are doin the laundary (checking pockets for any weed we might of forgoten to take out). but the most important thing a parent should do is always know how their child feels, what they think of this world of our and most imporantly respect our decisions (more of a teenage thing).

Newbie xAngevil Envyx may be famous one day xAngevil Envyx may be famous one day xAngevil Envyx's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm not yet a parent but here's my comment:
    If you have a child/children like that who just wastes his money on such nonsense,I'll just reduce his allowance & I'll be more strict!
    If he doesn't listen & his condition is CRITICAL its better to take him to a rehabilitation center & there he CAN change...for a better life!
    Isn't it right? :3

'Touka Koukan'
    hito wa nanika no gisei nashi ni, nani mo eru koto wa dekinai.
    nanika wo eru tame ni wa, doutou no daika ga hitsuyou ni naru.
    sore ga, renkinjutsu ni okeru "toukakoukan" no gensoku da.
    sono koro, bokura wa sore ga sekai no shinjitsu da to shinjiteita.

AO Animator mellow maromi may be famous one day mellow maromi may be famous one day mellow maromi's Avatar
    Thanks

But its his money. An allowance is pay for helping keep the house clean. Once you give him that money, its his. He earned it. He can spend it on what ever wants. Because its his. If he spends it on food who cares. Its his money, If he spends it on games, its his money, what ever. You should advise him not to spend it on drugs, but you cant control his every move. If he wants to throw his life away then what ever. Hell learn one day that he made a bad choice. If its just weed, then it doesnt really matter weeds harmless. forget about it.

+ Reply to Thread