Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Insane Or Not...

Otaku nightboyz may be famous one day nightboyz may be famous one day nightboyz's Avatar
    Thanks
    Another well put point. Do you think that many get out thanks to fame. look at the O.J. Simson case that case was way long and he got off and he became very famous

Legendary Otaku Violent may be famous one day Violent may be famous one day Violent's Avatar
    Thanks
    Alot of people plea for insanity because its a easy way to get out of a sentence and it works... so I mean its all on what the judge thinks to me or the jury.

THE RULES!

I'm on my grind in search to find whats on my mind, its one of a kind!

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks
    Grumble Grumble Grumble

In the state of California, it's very very difficult to prove that insanity defense, (which has to be proven by the defense, and not disproved by the prosecution...) And if you do manage to prove insanity, this is really the equivalent of a life sentence at a mental institution, is it's nearly impossible to reverse. You have to show that not only are you temporarily sane, you have to show your permenantly sane...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Otaku Laharl ex may be famous one day Laharl ex may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nightboyz View Post
    I have see a lot of murder cases and just about every time the defident trys to plede insane and when in if they do get it they go to some hospital and get "helped" and go back to the world just to kill once more.
    I for one fell that if you are with out a dout gilty its death row, plede all you want I say if you kill not out of self defince say hello to the chair.
    First, can you please stop posting in blue...

Funny how some of those 'without a doubt' cases, they many times end up wrong anyway between the unreliable evidence, the way the evidence was tested, bias, and the way the system works. It would have been better, too, if you posted links to stats showing the type of 'help' you're talking about and the results.

Quote Originally Posted by Vampyre View Post
    I think that if you kill someone and get caught, you, in turn, should die also. Hammurabi's(sp?) Code....eye for an eye.
    The meaning eye for an eye does not mean you go out and murder someone...

You people seem to forget the one who gets charged has family and friends. How is it fair to punish innocent people?

Quote Originally Posted by Vampyre View Post
    Or perhaps they never were sane to begin with.
    Then what's the problem? You'd think they would find that they're not stable if 'they were never sane to begin with.' Maybe instead of killing people, you all would be for better justice systems, prisons, and mental institutions.

Oh and the lethal injection, you can make for a great arguement that such isn't humane either. Also, consider most other developed countries have gotten rid of the death penalty.

Most murders are crimes of passion where family or friends are involved.

Anyway, they have every right to say what they want. That if they're insane or not.
    Last edited by Laharl ex; Oct 13, 2006 at 11:35 AM.

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks
    Oh and the lethal injection, you can make for a great arguement that such isn't humane either. Also, consider most other developed countries have gotten rid of the death penalty.
    How is getting a shot and falling asleep in-humane??

Thanks
    Sometimes the drug interaction can cause someone to not die for a while or the first drug wears off. Basically timing. Besides, guess who gives the person the drugs anyway?

Newbie Baron may be famous one day Baron may be famous one day Baron's Avatar
    In the minds and souls of all evil beings.
    Thanks
    The insanity plea is a load of crock and shouldn't be allowed. Laws are laws and if you break one you need to be punished for it.

The punishment however depends on the crime and the person. There are some people that just need some killing, Hitler, or serial rapists, or anyone who harms children intentionally are good examples.

However, others it's frankly much crueler and therefore better to keep them locked up for life. Like Suicide bombers or someone looking to be a martyr for a cause. No one jumps to the cause of the guy who makes liscense plates for the rest of his life. The main thing about AMerician prisons though is that we are to soft on hard core criminals. People who commit murders or are serial felons need to go somewhere uncomfortable, with no access to TVs or radios, or phones. Make them do hard work, and give them bland food (that meets their nutritional requirments) then give them a sleeping bag on the floor or something similar. Why waste money making sure our crimanals are comfty?

However this post is starting to stray, so I'll just say again, that death is good in some cases but life in prison is better in others.

The insanity plea is a bunch of bupkiss. I don't care, why they committed a crime, if you break the law you need to pay for your transgression. It's that simple.

Clan orders: Wear the signature of defeat with pride.

Thanks
    You mentioned costs. You do know that it's far more costly to put someone to death?

Insanity - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    and
    Psychosis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    First, you should look up those words. If one supports killing anyone who kills anyone even if they have a mental illness, they're supporting the killing of people who are even suffering from really bad schizophrenia and very many other problems.

Again, one should support better justice systems and ways of deciding if one really does have mental problems before they support the death penalty.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast