Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Insanity??

Newbie XxStormySkyexX may be famous one day XxStormySkyexX may be famous one day XxStormySkyexX's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Insanity??

Insanity can be varied in one's own oppinion of insanity might be.
    Bitch. My picture got deleted.

Newbie trinityshiva may be famous one day trinityshiva may be famous one day trinityshiva's Avatar
    Thanks

friend
    read the words of shakespeare "nothing is good or bad one's thinking makes it so" what i think right may be insane to you and the vice versa. here only logic can play a curative role.
    an argument backed by logic=philosophy or ideology
    while an argument not backed by logic=insanity
    give this a thought
    trinity shiva

Otaku Gaius Nemu may be famous one day Gaius Nemu may be famous one day Gaius Nemu's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Drkduality
    Well i was wondering what is insanity anyway? I mean being insane is usually frowned apon in society but i still don't quite understand it........ From what i can tell it's the way the brain adapts to extreamly high stress levels which is caused but extreame emotional/physical pain. Soooo if that's true couldn't insanity but simplified to a drastic perseption change in an attempt to adampt to drastic change in the enviroment that the brain wasn't equipt to handle in it's former state of mind? Therefore couldn't we call any perseption change regarding the world around you as a very very mild version of insanity?

What i'm trying to ask is basically where is the line between change in perspective and insanity?

p.s. sry if this doesn't make much sense =P. I like to think about weird stuff like this when i'm bored......*cough cough* math class *cough*.
    There is actually clear medical definitions for labeling someone as insane. The problem is, once someone becomes labeled, people believe it can't change. Thats not true. A possible part of being insane is the inability to adapt to reality. Another possible part is percieving things to be real that didn't happen or don't exist. You will find that these two qualifications are a lot different than a change in perception.

Otaku desxms may be famous one day desxms may be famous one day desxms's Avatar
    Thanks

Sometimes the word insane is used to mean extreme. Sometimes insanity is next to genius as of having an extremely original mind i.e. Einstein. To Freud, he just thought it was some kind of phobia or irrational fear that could be cured, like arachnaphobia, or claustrophobia. As for me I inherited schizophrenia. I have to take zyprexa pills to stop hallucinations voices and take prozac for depression. A change of mind to further understanding around you I think is just enlightenment. Dealing with stress creatively is coping to the challenges of life. Sadism and masochism is scary. In a court of law it could be interpreted as temporary insanity. I still hear things... but do reality check to see what is real or my brain hallucinating again. Psychic ability, intuition, clairaudience is a gift but can be interpreted as loony tunes if it has no basis in reality. Some have the psychic eye while others are just paranoid, hyperchondriacs or just plain weird. Well that's my two cents. Interesting question.

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by desxms
    Sometimes the word insane is used to mean extreme. Sometimes insanity is next to genius as of having an extremely original mind i.e. Einstein. To Freud, he just thought it was some kind of phobia or irrational fear that could be cured, like arachnaphobia, or claustrophobia. As for me I inherited schizophrenia. I have to take zyprexa pills to stop hallucinations voices and take prozac for depression. A change of mind to further understanding around you I think is just enlightenment. Dealing with stress creatively is coping to the challenges of life. Sadism and masochism is scary. In a court of law it could be interpreted as temporary insanity. I still hear things... but do reality check to see what is real or my brain hallucinating again. Psychic ability, intuition, clairaudience is a gift but can be interpreted as loony tunes if it has no basis in reality. Some have the psychic eye while others are just paranoid, hyperchondriacs or just plain weird. Well that's my two cents. Interesting question.
    Do not revice threads which have been inactive for more than 2 weeks.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3