Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Insanity V. Sanity

Newbie Rebichi is off to a good start Rebichi's Avatar
    Thanks

Insanity V. Sanity

So recently, I was told that I was insane. And then a little bit later, I was told I was the most sane. So. With this being said, I was wondering. Can one actually put a definition on sanity? I mean, to me, you might be insane, but to someone else, you might be sane. It's a very questionable theory I've been thinking about lately. It's just like the thought of what normal means. Personally, I think that you cannot put definitions on such a cliche thing. It's impossible. Sure, there is a definition for it. You can go to the dictionary and look it up. But in the end, you can't KNOW what it is. Everyone is different, so their thoughts on such a thing are different, and I'm just interested in what everything thinks insanity is. :3
    Ranma likes this.

Newbie What-A-Shot Champion, Ele Jumper Champion, Farm Yard Missle Launcher Champion, Big Money Champion, Blitz World War Champion PandiCream is off to a good start PandiCream's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Insanity V. Sanity

I'm a literal person and I take words from the dictionary. "The state of being seriously mentally ill; madness" "Extreme foolishness or irrationality."
    :3 There's how I view insanity. The mentally ill part everyone must agree on because if you are bipolar.. you are insane (Medicine Helps). And if you'd rather save a chair that you got yesterday than another human's life that also is insane. I don't think this word is very flexible although rationality is a bit. I like how you thought about it though, your much more creative than me.

Newbie BlackJack Champion, Anime BlackJack Champion, Grow Champion Ranma is off to a good start Ranma's Avatar
    Thanks

The definition of insanity, is doing the same thing over and over, and expecting a different result. So insanity isn't exactly a bad thing unless you're trying to make something that's impossible, possible. I personally think that sanity it overrated, because some of the so-called "sane" people, should be the ones locked up, like politicians.xD As of yet I can't really say if i'm sane or not, but as of right now, i don't care.:P
    jfreak likes this.
    Girls make the world go round, didn't you know that already?

Newbie megapanda1616 is off to a good start megapanda1616's Avatar
    Thanks

Sometimes I guess you need insanity to pass the limit of human brain and logic...
    MEGAPANDA1616

Otaku Darkbird the Scarred is off to a good start Darkbird the Scarred's Avatar
    Waiting in a world of utter darkness, self inflicted isolation
    Thanks

I'm half isane so take my opinion with a grain of salt, but I believe that sanity is when you agree with what society does and you do what they do. Insanity is when you do the opposite of society does, and take pride in doing it that way, even believing that it is right. But in my opinion, if being sane means being like everyone else, I'd be insane any day. Better to be insane than normal.
    The world will look up and shout "Save us!" and I'll whisper... no.

Newbie Vindice is off to a good start
    Thanks

It's an interesting question you've posited and I would argue that the definition is entirely relative. PandiCream had a definition that read: "The state of being seriously mentally ill; madness" "Extreme foolishness or irrationality." It's a good definition though the variables-in-question cannot be quantified. 'Seriously'/'foolishness'/'irrationality' - each of those words and what actions can be described by them varies from person to person.

Otaku Marcus Fenix is off to a good start Marcus Fenix's Avatar
    Thanks

The problem is that the human is so vast and complex-even with all of today's technology we still do not have a complete understanding-infact even nueralsurgons and psychologists will tell you that. However, we still atleast have some understant what may trigger a severe case of a psychotic episode even in someone who has had no pervious history of such incidents. These people may triggered by environmental factors such as a word or or an object like a bottle a of bleach.

With this, I leave you with this parting query-the mind is our most dangerous, complex and useful tool.
    We gotta make our choices...because in the end we are who we choose to be.

Because choice is the only real freedom any of us have.

yui
    Newbie yui is off to a good start yui's Avatar
    Thanks

i dont think anyone should really say if ur insane or not. where i live its more of a thing where in ur not like everyone else ur insane but if ur r then ur sane...so i get called insane alot lol but i dont think anyone has a right to judge u intil they look in a mirror and see their own problems first. just my opion lol

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast