+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Internet Addiction Disorder

THUMBSUCKING ADDICTION Mr. K is making a name for themselves Mr. K is making a name for themselves Mr. K's Avatar
    Thanks

Arrow Internet Addiction Disorder

XD The title got ya did it~

DEFINING INTERNET ADDICTION DISORDER
    To be diagnosed as having Internet Addiction Disorder, a person must meet certain
    criteria as prescribed by the American Psychiatric Association. Three or more of these
    criteria must be present at any time during a twelve month period:
    1. Tolerance: This refers to the need for increasing amounts of time on the Internet to
    achieve satisfaction and/or significantly diminished effect with continued use of the same
    amount of time on the Internet.
    2. Two or more withdrawal symptoms developing within days to one month after
    reduction of Internet use or cessation of Internet use (i.e., quitting cold turkey) , and these
    must cause distress or impair social, personal or occupational functioning. These include:
    psychomotor agitation, i.e. trembling, tremors; anxiety; obsessive thinking about what is
    happening on the Internet; fantasies or dreams about the Internet; voluntary or involuntary
    typing movements of the fingers.
    3. Use of the Internet is engaged in to relieve or avoid withdrawal symptoms.
    4. The Internet is often accessed more often, or for longer periods of time than was
    intended.
    5. A significant amount of time is spent in activities related to Internet use ( e.g., Internet
    books, trying out new World Wide Web browsers, researching Internet vendors, etc.).
    6. Important social, occupational, or recreational activities are given up or reduced because
    of Internet use.
    7. The individual risks the loss of a significant relationship, job, educational or career
    opportunity because of excessive use of the Internet.
    In recent research, other characteristics have been identified. The first is feelings of
    restlessness or irritability when attempting to cut down or stop Internet use. The second is
    that the Internet is used as a way of escaping problems or relieving feelings of
    helplessness, guilt, anxiety or depression. The third characteristic is that the user lies to
    family members or friends to conceal the extent of involvement with the Internet. And,
    finally, the user returns repeatedly despite excessive fees (Egger & Rauterberg, 1996).

http://www.chem.vt.edu/chem-dept/des...rs/ferris.html
    So fellow members of Ao. Tell me what ya think~

Do you think this is true~

Can you see this happening to you~

xD lol last one~ Should internet be banned~?

You know its happening to ya~
    ≥°≤ [?] █▓▒░░▒▓█ [?] ≥°≤
    You know how you drown a blonde, Rosalie? Glue a mirror to the bottom of a pool.
    Jacob Black, Breaking Dawn, Chapter 14, p.271
    Lamie Hynamen "I reject your reality and substitute my own."

AO's Demon Slayer Hexxagon Champion, Match Stick Soccer Champion Blade X may be famous one day Blade X may be famous one day Blade X's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Internet Addiction Disorder

XD nvr!!! it's not happening to moi! i use it wen i want to seriously i think it is a real thing, tho i nvr seen it tho there are cases in Japan where ppl are become unsocial and shut themselves off from the world......this might be linked to it....who knows.......hmph! it's not happening to me tho...

Besides, if i have a disorder it's the must-have-must-watch-anime disorder... so there XD

Thanks for the siggy Ky-lyrra

Banned Rave_Grip may be famous one day Rave_Grip may be famous one day Rave_Grip's Avatar
    Thanks

Yes it is true; well Internet does affect me in the listed ways, could Internet be taking over moi? Lol I think it might have but I’m not completely obsessed with the Internet. Well I know some people who shut themselves off to the world because internet is their life. Not really I am sure every one of you have seen such people~

People who I know are completely, exactly similar to the symptoms you mentioned are … well there lives have changed xD they spend more time on the computer, want to go on the net and chat, heck some people get depressed without a day on internet. They think it’s the only way to get their minds off, have fun et cetera. But it does in some cases lead to malfunctioning of their minds, and might even ruin their lives. People who are internet addict don’t often realize before they have wandered of in he wrong direction … sad really.

Ban internet? No it will in other words SHUT the entire world, don’t ask me why but you do know the reasons right? Businesses, trade, entertainment and all the things, even basic things can be acquired from the internet. I don’t think there will be a modern life without the internet, no? XD

Otaku fma1012 may be famous one day fma1012 may be famous one day fma1012's Avatar
    Thanks

Lets see I don't think it took over me because I can go on and go whenever I want to without a problem, if I had homework I would done it first and if a friend calls me to hang out I do that next instead of trying to find a way to stay online so I think im free. Though I might not have been before. ^^

Thanks lifeforce! (:

5.00 M33-6 solking may be famous one day solking may be famous one day solking's Avatar
    Thanks

Oh so thats wh.at I have...

Well I'm always online cause I work online but if were possible I would become really Omish or something like that. I dont really like people so I have the Interent for work. But even if there was no Interent I would still be the same way. So I don't think this is affecting me.

Otaku Princess Zelda14 may be famous one day Princess Zelda14 may be famous one day Princess Zelda14's Avatar
    Thanks

ah! what can i say? THE PEOPLE HERE ARE AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    i just can stay away!!!!!!!
    "... And then, a ray of light pierced the darkness. The light turned into a figure of a person who was followed by a fairy, and also held the spirit of the forest..."

thats great!! thank you!!

Otaku fma1012 may be famous one day fma1012 may be famous one day fma1012's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Princess Zelda14 View Post
    ah! what can i say? THE PEOPLE HERE ARE AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    i just can stay away!!!!!!!

Lol wow how did I know you were going to say that, but yea this site is awesome and its hard to stay away from.^^

Thanks lifeforce! (:

Otaku Princess Zelda14 may be famous one day Princess Zelda14 may be famous one day Princess Zelda14's Avatar
    Thanks

umm... maybe becaus i'm one of the most users online. lolz. i love it here!
    to all the people that are reading this- YOU PEOPLE ARE AWESOME!
    "... And then, a ray of light pierced the darkness. The light turned into a figure of a person who was followed by a fairy, and also held the spirit of the forest..."

thats great!! thank you!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast