Closed Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Israel V.S Palestine

Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Israel V.S Palestine

Oh I am well aware of how it all started Hassun, I was just referring to the current crises but I guess I should have stated why the Palestinians had their shorts in a bunch from the start.
    Also to clear something up, Palestinians never really liked Jews to begin with, to say before and during WWII that the two side got along alright is actually not the case, Palestinians have always persecuted the Jews and actually strongly supported Hitler and his Nazis in getting rid of the Jews and they handed them over to the Germans happily so the two sides have been at odds FAR longer then WWII. The reason why the Palestinians feel even more resent meant for them, the now Israelis, is because yes they had to move out of a portion of Israel but also because they see this as being spat back in their face for participating in Hitler’s "Final Solution", the loss of their holly city which the Palestinons are still able to travel to and warship I mite add and also the "How dear they defend them selves and stand up to us" mentality because they were so use to getting their way with the Jews before.
    Its a mix of a lot of reasons, with hatred and resentment going back much farther then WWII, it's just up until recently were the Jews now able to fight back which really pisses them off and other things.
    How ever there are many Palestinians who just want all this crap to stop and get on with their lives. Unfortunately there are these extremist groups who still want to live in the now long dead past.
    Also there are Palestinions who live in Israel who to are like, WTF Hamas?! As they to are being targeted, either acidently or intensionaly do to Hamas and ather Palestinions groups who see them as traiters, either way its just a mess.
    "MY DEAR... I GIVE YOU THE CAPELLAN CONFEDERATION"
    AND THUS THE WAR WAS STARTED NOT BY GUN SHOT BUT BY WEDDING BELLS

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Arrianna View Post
    Did I mention the president of Hamas says they are closer to victory and that the blood shed (his own people's blood) won't be wasted? If that doesn't put the situation in perspective what does? One of the two groups actually cares about what happens to it's civilians and it's not Hamas.
    Peh, speeches like that mean little to nothing. Do you think anyone would say "Well we're in the vast minority both in manpower and in military technology and probably even in ideology. Basically we have no chance whatsoever! But err... keep it up folks! Yay Hamas!"

When you hound a group of people with their backs against the wall, human lives will start to mean less and less. No matter which people we're talking about. If they can't win with a conventional military, guerrilla/freedom fighter/terrorist tactics will be used. There's nothing strange about that. Especially when you combine it with a handy cause/ideology/religion.

What would your solution to the problem be then? Wiping all Palestinians off the face of the earth?

Also, Scourge, I'd like to see some proof that Palestinians have 'always' persecuted Jews and helped the Nazis during World War 2. Hell, I would even be interested in seeing proof of Palestinians treating the Jews worse than any European nation throughout the ages. Antisemitism isn't a 20th century term you know. (It's actually a 19th century term! Haha. Well, you know what I mean.)

Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Thanks

The reason why I did not mention the mistreatment of the Jewish else where is because I thought I didn’t need to do to it being kind of self evident as it is.
    As for finding evidence about Palestinians helping the Nazis by ratting them out and supporting the Final Solution plan is not hard to find really. I am not saying all Palestinians did, but a large number of them did.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Scourge For This Useful Post:

sarcosuchus (Aug 17, 2009)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Scourge View Post
    The reason why I did not mention the mistreatment of the Jewish else where is because I thought I didn’t need to do to it being kind of self evident as it is.
    As for finding evidence about Palestinians helping the Nazis by ratting them out and supporting the Final Solution plan is not hard to find really. I am not saying all Palestinians did, but a very large number of them did.
    Good! If it's so easy to find I don't think you'll have any difficulty supplying me with some of it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hassun View Post
    Good! If it's so easy to find I don't think you'll have any difficulty supplying me with some of it.
    I would be happy to as soon as I get home, I am at work right now just wating for confermation from another person. I can't fly around willy nilly on the web. Im sure you can understand that so please bear with me.

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Peh, speeches like that mean little to nothing. Do you think anyone would say "Well we're in the vast minority both in manpower and in military technology and probably even in ideology. Basically we have no chance whatsoever! But err... keep it up folks! Yay Hamas!"
    By itself you would be right but when you combine it with their actions of every time there is peace they just send in suicide bombers or blow up school buses, and that they have said they won't be finished until Israel doesn't exist and everything in total equals that they don't care who dies, including their own people be they man, women, or child, as long as they can destroy Israel.

Taken in that context saying they are closer to victory is more likely to mean "if we can piss them off enough that they won't stop then the other Arabic countries will start a war defending us that will finally let us wipe Israel off the map."

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Arrianna View Post
    By itself you would be right but when you combine it with their actions of every time there is peace they just send in suicide bombers or blow up school buses, and that they have said they won't be finished until Israel doesn't exist and everything in total equals that they don't care who dies, including their own people be they man, women, or child, as long as they can destroy Israel.

Taken in that context saying they are closer to victory is more likely to mean "if we can piss them off enough that they won't stop then the other Arabic countries will start a war defending us that will finally let us wipe Israel off the map."
    Every time there's peace? Has there really been peace in that region since the formation of Israel?

And I don't think Israel has to fear an invasion at the moment. The surrounding countries are nothing against Israel's military might. Look how bad they got spanked just for even thinking about it back in 1967. Then trying and losing yet again in '73 (resulting in a 24/7 operational Israeli military). I'm even a bit surprised Israel hasn't openly used it's nuclear arsenal as a threat to deter possible attacks. I guess they prefer to keep that card to themselves.

All in all, I highly doubt this is an effective way to fight terrorism. Many have tried using the all-out military attack strategy against it but I don't think there has even been a single success that way. Such actions even tend to create more terrorism than before. (Same for utterly stupid actions like cutting off the Gaza strip from many of a human's primary needs.)

Edit:
    I could suggest removing religion from the equation but that's just wishful thinking on my part I guess.
    Last edited by Hassun; Jan 13, 2009 at 04:06 PM.

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Every time there's peace? Has there really been peace in that region since the formation of Israel?
    Then call it a cease fire if you like. Everytime things cool off and they reopen their borders. The statement still stands as accurate. Hamas won't rest until they are all dead, has said so, and has shown so by their own actions. Can you show reason to believe otherwise?

If you think going in and killing the people trying to kill them is so ineffective you come up with a solution for them that will stop Hamas. I would love to hear it. Give another option that doesn't involve just lying down and taking it, (as no country should have to).

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast