+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Jock or Geek; can't you be both

Otaku Franco is off to a good start Franco's Avatar
    Thanks

Jock or Geek; can't you be both

As the title suggest's this tread is going to be about if someone can be both a jock and a geek, or are you more of the other. For me, I was a jock I love football and watching the guy's I hit and just seeing the surprise in their eyes when I would hit them, but I love anime, sci-fi, and manga too. The reason why I consider myself a geek is because I used to watch star trek, star wars and anime (CN), when I was in high school I liked being a loner even though I had friends I never told anyone of my love for these thing's. I was afraid that my friend's would think that I was wierd and so I was a "in the closet geek", To this day I regret about not being honest about my geekness, and seeking out other's to share my geekness in high school. So I would say that when I was in high school I was more of a Jock and now I would say I am more of a geek, so I would say that I am both even though at one time I tried to deny one part of me. What about you are you a geek, jock, or are you both, let's have fun with this tread.

Legendary Otaku Happy Pill Champion, Monkey Mayhem Champion NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Jock's or Geek's; can't you be both

It depends, does liking martial arts make you either? In this case, i'd say i'm both! I am a martial artist, not an avid one mind you, but i still know my way around a dojo. Plus i enjoy art, culture, anime, music, and any other thing that can me placed in any geek category. so to answer the question, i feel i am both, but my geeky side shows much much more.
    Why hello there!

Otaku Click The Colour Champion darkangel1240 is off to a good start darkangel1240's Avatar
    Thanks

i'm mostly a geek because, I love video games and I love anime a lot. But, i don't really like a lot of football. i like watching it. But, not playing it. And, i kind of look like one. But, i'm not a geek.

Vampire Freaks☠I am not going 2 be on for awhile... ☠

Otaku Franco is off to a good start Franco's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NeoDeath90 View Post
    It depends, does liking martial arts make you either? In this case, i'd say i'm both! I am a martial artist, not an avid one mind you, but i still know my way around a dojo. Plus i enjoy art, culture, anime, music, and any other thing that can me placed in any geek category. so to answer the question, i feel i am both, but my geeky side shows much much more.
    I believe that martial arts is a sport because you are constantly training and moving around. It might not be football or basketball, but golf and tennis are considered a sport so why not Martial Arts (especially since UFC has shown MMA and how doing a Martial art seem's to be cool now)?

Otaku clover may be famous one day clover may be famous one day clover's Avatar
    Thanks

yea.. for most of our school sports you have to maintain at least a B average. Most of the guys and girls, have geekiness in them..alot of them actually liked history, or science, while others liked anime, and play video games

im both I play sports of any kind. But im also geeky in liking anime, history, i love to draw anime, just be artistic (geeky in our school/ but repected) and play video games. It changes wherever you are. But between the two, i cant decide which id be more of. So im sticcking with the werido title.

..........nothing is true, everything is permitted..........

6. The Following User Says Thank You to clover For This Useful Post:

Franco (Sep 01, 2008)

Newbie Kuinta is off to a good start
    Thanks

I guess it all depends on someone's standards for both a geek and a jock. In grade school, I was really into playing sports like basketball, swimming, and track & field. Back then, I also started to get into video games, anime and manga, and also maintained at least a B+ average. Throughout high school, I was more active in clubs liike bowling, Japanese Club, and Multi Cultural Society. I also had tried wrestling my first year and did cross country for three years. So I would consider myslef a mix between a jock and a geek. In the end, I think it all depends how we look at ourselves. If you see yourself as a jock and you're happy, then that's great. If you see yourself as a geek and enjoy every minute of it, that's also fantastic. When it comes down to it, friends are what help us to accept ourselves. Since my friends accept me for who I am, I don't care what I am labeled.

Leave me alone, fanboys! rematche is making a name for themselves rematche is making a name for themselves rematche's Avatar
    Thanks

of course you can...i'm one. love things that are intellectual and physical at the same time. i'm in to party, fashion, girls, clubs, cars, books, computers, tv, sports, games, workout, etc. i also get in to fights and getting good grades. i'm also popular, not to mention i was nominated to be prom prince but i turned it down...assignments to be finished.
    YYYEEEEAAAAAAHHHHH!!!

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks

being both is pretty easy actually. When you think about it both jocks and geeks are geeks, just geeky about different things. Here's what a mean. Geek by definition refers to someone who knows a lot about a subject and is enthusiastic about it. A guy walking around quoting star wars and arguing about which console platform is better, that's our cultural definition of a geek. But then look at jocks; jocks are typically obsessed with not only playing sports but watching them, they can tell you stats about their favorite team, get in arguments as to why they hate the Cowboys, if you look at it from that perspective, jocks and geeks are only different from a cultural standpoint. At their fundamental level, they're both the same: fun-loving, fact knowing dorks.

This post was brought to you by a guy who is a little of both.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast