+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Was it Judas' Destiny to betray Jesus?

Otaku bloodymoonreaper may be famous one day bloodymoonreaper may be famous one day bloodymoonreaper's Avatar
    Thanks

Was it Judas' Destiny to betray Jesus?

another religious question for you guys. About Judas. Now the question about whether it was his "destiny" to betray Jesus cannot really be answered and I do not believe in such "destiny. Who would believe that God is cruel enough to put a human through that torment of his conscious . I mean the guy hung himself and God is loving and merciful and he would not do that. .. But my sis insists that God chose him to do it. I say God does not portray such cruelty and injustice. Give me some opinions please and thank you.
    Bloodymoonreaper

Sophist of Satire Exoparadapsyphobia may be famous one day Exoparadapsyphobia may be famous one day Exoparadapsyphobia's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Was it Judas' Destiny to betray Jesus?

Well I've seen several religous programs about Jesus (despite my atheism I love learning about religion) and one of the topics was if Judas really betrayed Jesus. One view on the situation they expressed is that Jesus and Judas conspired with eachother, and planned the entire thing. However there are other different views on what actually happend so I don't know what to believe about it all. But atleast to me the theory I stated above sounds reasonable, becuase after all Jesus told Judas at the last supper to "do what he had to do". Signaling that he knew about the whole thing, and thus the theory that Jesus and Judas planned it out together emerges, which I agree with as plausible.
    Last edited by Exoparadapsyphobia; May 18, 2006 at 07:51 AM.
    Death is your most loyal companion, for he will never fail you.

Otaku bloodymoonreaper may be famous one day bloodymoonreaper may be famous one day bloodymoonreaper's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Exoparadapsyphobia
    Well I've seen several religous programs about Jesus (despite my atheism I love learning about religion) and one of the topics was if Judas really betrayed Jesus. A view one could take on the situation is that Jesus and Judas conspired with eachother, and planned the entire thing. However there are other different views on what actually happend so I don't know what to believe about it all. But atleast to me the theory I stated above sounds reasonable, becuase after all Jesus told Judas at the last supper to "do what he had to do". Signaling that he knew about the whole thing, and thus the theory that Jesus and Judas planned it out together emerges.
    They planned it... well that's one I haven't heard. So did Judas plan to do suicide too. I sincerely doubt it. I know Jesus had an idea he was going to be betrayed and he probably knew who it was going to do cuz he reads the heart . And by saying do what you have to do , would be like knowing he couldn't stop him , well not couldn't , but shouldn't , so God's will will be done.
    Bloodymoonreaper

Newbie whitefoxdemon may be famous one day whitefoxdemon may be famous one day whitefoxdemon's Avatar
    Thanks

If Judas didn't betray Jesus then Jesus would not have sacrificed himself to save humanity. Someone had to betray Jesus and Judas had to be the unlucky guy to do it. Who else would it have been? God can see the future so he saw Judas betrayal of Jesus. It had to happen or God would be wrong.

Otaku Sage_Se'von may be famous one day Sage_Se'von may be famous one day Sage_Se'von's Avatar
    Thanks

wait diddnt judas end up living in hell with lucifer? cause on the movie the excorcism of emily rose one of the demos in her whas maned Judas so he must hae been hated from birth or maybe it was like in the bible and the devil pursuaded him to sin in such a way

I am a sage....the light of elements

Thanks

o.k so it wasn't destiny , just plain rotten luck.
    -----------------------------Double Post Merge---------------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by Sage_Se'von
    wait diddnt judas end up living in hell with lucifer? cause on the movie the excorcism of emily rose one of the demos in her whas maned Judas so he must hae been hated from birth or maybe it was like in the bible and the devil pursuaded him to sin in such a way
    I don't think you can use what you see in a movie as evidence or back up for an opinion. I mean movies lie and stuff like that. Though sometimes there might be some truth behind it .
    Last edited by bloodymoonreaper; May 18, 2006 at 09:10 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Bloodymoonreaper

Sophist of Satire Exoparadapsyphobia may be famous one day Exoparadapsyphobia may be famous one day Exoparadapsyphobia's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bloodymoonreaper
    They planned it... well that's one I haven't heard. So did Judas plan to do suicide too. I sincerely doubt it. I know Jesus had an idea he was going to be betrayed and he probably knew who it was going to do cuz he reads the heart . And by saying do what you have to do , would be like knowing he couldn't stop him , well not couldn't , but shouldn't , so God's will will be done.
    Who knows if he even did commit suicide. The bible has been translated and rewritten so many times almost no accounts in the modern day bible can be taken seriously do to corruption from all the revisions, misinterpratations, and add on's. But an example as to why Judas may have commited suicide is to ask yourself this, if you helped to kill someone you loved deeply like a brother would you feel guilty, or sad even though he/she wanted you to? Judas may have felt incredibely guilty about aiding Jesus in killing himself, thus he commited suicide out of guilt and/or sorrow for the loss of his mentor.
    Last edited by Exoparadapsyphobia; May 19, 2006 at 09:06 AM.
    Death is your most loyal companion, for he will never fail you.

Newbie R3b3ccaM may be famous one day R3b3ccaM may be famous one day
    Thanks

Ive saw this program at television (at news and stuff), that they've found a new ehm, paper that belonged to the bible , that Judas did not betrayed Jesus.

And yes, I think this is right.
    God sent Jesus down to let the people know about Jesus, and then he would go back to heaven again? Is'nt that right?

And after all, before the church just made up things, and then they threw away things from the bible so people should be scared and then go to the church, (You will go to hell if you don't believe in God, and Hell is a very bad place to be).
    Offcourse this scared them, and they went to church.

Well yeah.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast