+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Was it Judas' Destiny to betray Jesus?

Otaku dave_akuma may be famous one day dave_akuma may be famous one day dave_akuma's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Was it Judas' Destiny to betray Jesus?

jesus knew what he was getting himself into, he planned his actions to play out as they did---it's not like all that stuff 'just happened' to him out of the blue...he knew of the prophesies regarding the messiah, and played his hand according to those prophesies...he couldn't have just walked up and given himself up on his own (that wouldn't have fit with the prophesy), he needed someone to do that for him, with a kiss, and judas was chosen...of course judas himself didn't know things would turn out the way they did, or else i doubt he would've went along with it...it's been said that when he found out jesus was gonna be put on trial before pilate, that he flipped out and gave back the 30 pieces of silver (which in those days was like a month and a half's wages) and was seriously distraught over the whole thing...and its funny that people say he 'betrayed' jesus---he didn't betray anyone, seeing as jesus knew what was going to happen anyhow...i guess you can say that jesus planned his actions to make all those prophesies come true, and he needed judas to do so...

Sophist of Satire Exoparadapsyphobia may be famous one day Exoparadapsyphobia may be famous one day Exoparadapsyphobia's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bloodymoonreaper
    oh yes sorry , what I meant is this : Will he be forgiven or punished ? I mean first of all , in the bible , it states one should not take his life. One sin. One should not murder( that being by conspiring and aiding in a murder) . Two awful sins. Recieve blood money. Three sins. I am sure Judas and Jesus did not agree to have them pay him that lousy money. ..
    Of course he would be forgiven. His sin would have been on Jesus, not himself, since Judas was under the order of Jesus. And receiving payment for the aid in the capture of a fugitive was mandatory for the time, and no "deal" would have been needed in order to be payed. Though of course Judas wasn't going to tell the Roman authorities, "this is all part of a plan we've had for awhile now, so I don't need your money", becuase Judas and Jesus would have wanted the situation to appear as authentic as possible.
    Last edited by Exoparadapsyphobia; May 19, 2006 at 10:25 AM.
    Death is your most loyal companion, for he will never fail you.

Newbie Killing Beauty may be famous one day Killing Beauty may be famous one day Killing Beauty's Avatar
    Thanks

Judas chose his own path just like everyone else who
    does things wrong. It's just that Jesus knew what he
    would choose ahead of time. Just because God knows
    what will happen to someone does not mean that he
    made them do it.

Otaku bloodymoonreaper may be famous one day bloodymoonreaper may be famous one day bloodymoonreaper's Avatar
    Thanks

Good point. So it is all up on Judas and nobody else.
    Bloodymoonreaper

You's Trollin Pro Leafblower Champion, Helicopter Champion ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro's Avatar
    Thanks

yeah Jesus and Judas they plannedd this whole thing. The dude closest to him wasn't chosen for the job because Jesus already knew that the dude wouldn't had betrayed him, so instead he chose Judas to do the dirty job. Thus, Judas becomes the bad sheep of the 12 apostoles.

Dear Prudence JustLoseIt may be famous one day JustLoseIt may be famous one day JustLoseIt's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bloodymoonreaper
    another religious question for you guys. About Judas. Now the question about whether it was his "destiny" to betray Jesus cannot really be answered and I do not believe in such "destiny. Who would believe that God is cruel enough to put a human through that torment of his conscious . I mean the guy hung himself and God is loving and merciful and he would not do that. .. But my sis insists that God chose him to do it. I say God does not portray such cruelty and injustice. Give me some opinions please and thank you.
    God Has given man the power to choose for himself.
    From McDonalds or Burger King,
    To Heaven or Hell.

Now God knows what we ARE going to choose. But the coice is STILL ours.

Judas betrayed God and thats that.
    It wasn't a conspiracy theory.

Just because God KNEW that Judas was on his way to betray the Lord Jesus Christ Himself doesn't mean He is going to stop Him.

Judas betrayed Jesus in his own Mind Set.
    (I mean think about it, Jesus TOLD Judas that he was going to Betray him.)
    He didn't plot and scheme and tell Judas what to do, He told him he was Going TO do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Exoparadapsyphobia
    Who knows if he even did commit suicide. The bible has been translated and rewritten so many times almost no accounts in the modern day bible can be taken seriously do to corruption from all the revisions, misinterpratations, and add on's. But an example as to why Judas may have commited suicide is to ask yourself this, if you helped to kill someone you loved deeply like a brother would you feel guilty, or sad even though he/she wanted you to? Judas may have felt incredibely guilty about aiding Jesus in killing himself, thus he commited suicide out of guilt and/or sorrow for the loss of his mentor.
    The Bibel DOES have many Translations, But that doesn't mean that its wrong.

If you get the NEWER translations then it will be a little different.
    Get a King James Version^.^

Thanks Pyroo. :]

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3