+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Just say no to the NFL Philadelphia Eagles

Banned beast may be famous one day beast may be famous one day beast's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Just say no to the NFL Philadelphia Eagles

People are touchy about sports. Some have never gone to a baseball game since the strike. Some will never watch the red wings again for the same reason. Philidelphia may have just lost itself some fans.

Commander Ham Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer's Avatar
    Thanks

The man went to Jail, paid his dues and has hopefully changed. I see no reason to bar him for life from working in the career field of his choosing. I didn't like what he did but it is over now and if he has changed then great. If not then he should go to jail for much much longer.

Thanks

Well Chiefblackhammer everyone is entitled to an opinion, and the opinion of more than a few is that the crime was not significant enough for the punishment. I am one of those, and if the eagles have said to heck with it we are highering him, fine, it is there right. But as it was my right to stop watching redwings games, and to never set foot in a professional ball park it is also are right to not support the Eagles in that decision. There have been boycotts for dumber reasons.

Otaku Nodes Champion, Flames of Fury Champion shadowrulz may be famous one day shadowrulz may be famous one day shadowrulz's Avatar
    the sign says "in a black hole". Is that even possible?!?!
    Thanks

I was at the Eagles game when it was announced. Within minutes there were "Who let the dogs out?" chants being yelled from up in my section. People were happy that they signed him. I'm disgusted by it personally and left after the third time I heard it. I don't think it's right for anyone convicted of a crime to be able to be let back into professional sports, especially for something like that.

As for him saying that he's changed, I don't believe it. Yes I am a firm believer that people can change at a moments notice, but, I saw the report and the words just don't seem to match up to him.

What really bothers me was that the Eagles of all teams signed him. The Eagles don't have a history of taking good players just to win, despite what type of feeling they bring to the team. Terrell Owens was a player that originally seemed to bring a good feeling. However that changed after his first year. But, to bring in a character such as him, it just doesn't make sense.

A big thanks to Renn for the sig! THANK YOU!

Thanks

Even if he has truly changed and I am not saying he has there is still the isue of if the punishment fits the crime. In this case I would say no. The man engaged in brutal activites and he did not even do hard time.

Otaku Franco is off to a good start Franco's Avatar
    Thanks

The sad thing is that you people don't seem to realize that stallworth (plays for the browns) who just recently kill someone with his car because he was drunk (A Latin family man going to work to put food on his families table) and he only got 30 days in jail (paid off the family) and is suspended for this season, that is someone who should never be allowed to play in the NFL. what because it was a bunch of dogs who were breed to fight, that makes it worst I guess. he should be allowed to play again, he did his time, lost his fortune, and will have to live with that shame for the rest of his life (why can't a prisoner be allowed to work again), once you hit rock bottom all you can do is go back up. now I am not saying that what vick did was right, but I mean I hear almost no outrage about stallworth then I do about Vick, and I think that is more sicker, sorry animal lovers.

Otaku Nodes Champion, Flames of Fury Champion shadowrulz may be famous one day shadowrulz may be famous one day shadowrulz's Avatar
    the sign says "in a black hole". Is that even possible?!?!
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    The sad thing is that you people don't seem to realize that stallworth (plays for the browns) who just recently kill someone with his car because he was drunk (A Latin family man going to work to put food on his families table) and he only got 30 days in jail (paid off the family) and is suspended for this season, that is someone who should never be allowed to play in the NFL. what because it was a bunch of dogs who were breed to fight, that makes it worst I guess. he should be allowed to play again, he did his time, lost his fortune, and will have to live with that shame for the rest of his life (why can't a prisoner be allowed to work again), once you hit rock bottom all you can do is go back up. now I am not saying that what vick did was right, but I mean I hear almost no outrage about stallworth then I do about Vick, and I think that is more sicker, sorry animal lovers.
    So it's alright to breed dogs to fight? I see something wrong with that too. I don't think that dogs should be bred to fight. Why should a dog's life cost any less than a person's?

He should at least get one year of suspension as well. As for Stallworth, yes I agree that he shouldn't have gotten out in a month. He should have served his full time and STILL have gotten suspended for a year. It's just that I don't condone the pointless killing of anyone or anything.

A big thanks to Renn for the sig! THANK YOU!

Otaku Franco is off to a good start Franco's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by shadowrulz View Post
    So it's alright to breed dogs to fight? I see something wrong with that too. I don't think that dogs should be bred to fight. Why should a dog's life cost any less than a person's?

He should at least get one year of suspension as well. As for Stallworth, yes I agree that he shouldn't have gotten out in a month. He should have served his full time and STILL have gotten suspended for a year. It's just that I don't condone the pointless killing of anyone or anything.
    He did get a suspension and it was for 6 games (won't be able to play until game 7), + it is not like he is going to start, I would say that he will be either a back-up QB or something else on offense, but I understand that b/c U R a eagles fan and that you don't like Michael Vick that u will be upset. As for your comment about the difference between the value of a person to a dog, their is a big difference, can a dog be their for their childs birthday and celebrate it, or encourage them in school or see them graduate from school or get married? maybe to animal lovers they do, but like I said this was a man who was going to work and he was killed by an over priviledged NFL player (that's how I feel about all sports stars) and was given a pass by society because vick did much worst, Vick got a resonable sentence, and like I said it is not like he will regain his image, Stallworth on the other hand spent 30 days in jail and was treated like what he did wasn't a crime, now you tell me if you were in his shoes, do you think you would get the same treatment? for vehicular manslaughter?

I understand your view, but that view is the reason why someone like Stallworth gets to get away with what he did, like I said, if I had not mention this, would any of you of even known about this? if you don't like what the Eagles have done, then just turn them off you don't have to watch, because maybe they saw a man who has changed and are willing to give him a second chance, shouldn't we (you don't have to, I already know what your answers are because most of the people were negative to begin with, this was just my opinion)?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast