Closed Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: just wondering... (Good and Bad deeds in life)

Otaku Mini Pool 2 Champion, England turkey bowling Champion Namida Goddess may be famous one day Namida Goddess may be famous one day Namida Goddess's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: just wondering... (Good and Bad deeds in life)

If bad deeds did not exist then good ones wouldn't either. They define each other. It is human nature to be both good and bad because everyone has the choice. For every bad deed there is always a worse one. If someone committed two crimes one worse than the other would the lesser be considered a better deed. And then could it be called a good deed? If you kill an evil person is it a good deed. You have murdered which is a bad thing but you have rid the world of something terrible.

Otaku Patrick Chan may be famous one day Patrick Chan may be famous one day Patrick Chan's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: just wondering...

Quote Originally Posted by frr_vegeta View Post
    Actually if you want to get into the mindset of a suicide bomber, the people you are killing aren't innocent.
    there you go vegeta...a one tracked mind adulterated and beyond comprehensiion

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chan View Post
    there you go vegeta...a one tracked mind adulterated and beyond comprehensiion
    But vegata's point is still valid... Which does bring up another related topic of philosophy...

1. Do you believe in a Ultimate Good and a Ultimate Evil

Or

2. The concepts of Good and Bad are relative. You can't recognize something is good unless you can compare it to something that is bad, and make a decision on which is more desirable...

From your statement, it appears that you believe in #1, that something that is Good is always good, regardless of it's context. And something that is Bad, likewise, is always bad, even if it's used to accomplish Good ends...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Otaku Patrick Chan may be famous one day Patrick Chan may be famous one day Patrick Chan's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LenMiyata View Post
    Grumble Grumble Grumble

But vegata's point is still valid... Which does bring up another related topic of philosophy...

1. Do you believe in a Ultimate Good and a Ultimate Evil

Or

2. The concepts of Good and Bad are relative. You can't recognize something is good unless you can compare it to something that is bad, and make a decision on which is more desirable...

From your statement, it appears that you believe in #1, that something that is Good is always good, regardless of it's context. And something that is Bad, likewise, is always bad, even if it's used to accomplish Good ends...

simply put... what is good for you may not be good for me...vis versa

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chan View Post
    simply put... what is good for you may not be good for me...vis versa
    So, your a believer of #2, which then brings up the question, what is invalid about vegeta's statement???
    Quote Originally Posted by frr_vegeta View Post
    Actually if you want to get into the mindset of a suicide bomber, the people you are killing aren't innocent.
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Newbie ordinateur may be famous one day ordinateur may be famous one day ordinateur's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't think there's actually any good or bad deeds in life... Some people might think that doing that action is wrong but others might think it is right... It all depends on the valors that that person thinks is more important than orthers.
    Born to live, living to die..

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LenMiyata View Post
    Grumble Grumble Grumble

So, your a believer of #2, which then brings up the question, what is invalid about vegeta's statement???
    it's his interpretation not mind... a ying and yang philosophy i belief...

Community Dude Asteroids Champion dude101 may be famous one day dude101 may be famous one day dude101's Avatar
    Thanks

to me good and bad deed are only defined by society and their beliefs. for example u have ppl that kill sheeps infront of their store to applease the gods, and therefor making the killing a good deed. however from a diferent perspective ppl could see that as animal cruelty and therefor it would make it immoral and indecent which would make it a bad deed. and by saying this like LenMiyata said:
    The concepts of Good and Bad are relative. You can't recognize something is good unless you can compare it to something that is bad, and make a decision on which is more desirable
    is similar to his idea that the concepts of good and bad are relative however only to the background, and beliefs of the individual. however making the decision on what is more desirable is something that i am unclear about. that is stealing from somebody is more desirable than to work as it requires less effort. or in more desirable in the belief of that individual?.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast