+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Results 17 to 24 of 41

Thread: Justice In Murder ?

  1. #17
    Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Coalhurst Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    2,900
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked 183 Times in 148 Posts

    Re: Justice In Murder ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blou View Post
    Murder is wrong, period.

    That's all there is to it.

    I'm against the death penalty 100%.

    Just because they killed someone, that does not give us the right to kill them. We, as human beings, do not have the right to take away the life of another. No matter the cause. Plus, why kill someone who committed the unthinkable, giving him the easy way out? Why not just put them in jail and let the convicts do the dirty work? Let the criminal live with the inevitable guilt and horror that will haunt him for the rest of their not-so-great life.
    So, you'd be against the death penalty even if someone walked up to your Dad/Mom/Brother/Sister/ect ect and blew them away right in front of you, and they were convicted and sentenced to death.

    Its really all about points of view. Don't just go and say "I'm against it" with out first putting yourself in their shoes.

    A truly valid opinion in my books is one that is informed with the most information.

    Me personally, if a guy killed one of my family, well, They'd have too keep my family away from the guy who did it. Because we'd kill him our selves.

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aceman67 For This Useful Post:

    atomik_sprout (Mar 24, 2009), Scourge (Mar 25, 2009)

  3. #18
    Banned Blou may be famous one day Blou may be famous one day Blou's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    144
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts

    Re: Justice In Murder ?

    Quote Originally Posted by aceman67 View Post
    So, you'd be against the death penalty even if someone walked up to your Dad/Mom/Brother/Sister/ect ect and blew them away right in front of you, and they were convicted and sentenced to death.

    Its really all about points of view. Don't just go and say "I'm against it" with out first putting yourself in their shoes.

    A truly valid opinion in my books is one that is informed with the most information.

    Me personally, if a guy killed one of my family, well, They'd have too keep my family away from the guy who did it. Because we'd kill him our selves.
    You know, whether or not you think my opinion is valid is really no use to me. You cannot accuse someone of not doing something if you, yourself don't know if they did or not. After all, "a truly valid opinion is one that is informed with the most information".

    Now, to correct your poorly based assumption of me, I have always asked myself that question. What would be my perspective on the matter if the situation were different? If the situation involved one of my own?

    And honestly, I never have an answer. I know that I would be angry. And I know that I would want them dead. But then there is a part of me that says, death isn't the answer. Kill them for killing my family - it's like a never ending game of tag, and resolves nothing. However, if they were put in seclusion for the rest of their life in a tiny cell, never to see THEIR family again.. they would eventually go insane. They'd go crazy, have nothing to live for, be miserable.

    In other words, they wouldn't have a life. And is that not the same thing as death? In my book, it's worse. Death is the easy way out, for them anyway. So give them the satisfaction that they won, just because you are angry?

    No thank you.
    I'd rather let the bastard live his miserable life in a hell-hole as well as burn in hell afterwards for doing what he did.

    Oh look, double the consequence!

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Blou For This Useful Post:

    lapislazuli (Mar 08, 2009)

  5. #19
    Randomly Renny!!! XD Boiler Breakdown Champion, Lotads Lament Champion, Crystal Island Champion, Festive Fallout Champion Renn may be famous one day Renn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Who knows??? O_O
    Posts
    949
    Thanks
    13
    Thanked 28 Times in 26 Posts

    Re: Justice In Murder ?

    Then you have to think about if this was your family that may have commited the crime. Think about. Out the things you said what would you say if it was your family memeber that had done that? Could you watch your that family memeber be killed? Even if they deserve it no one has the right to be killed.

    @blou: Good point. Jail is hell (my father has been in jail.....). Its really a terrible place, but think of the people that do that. They feel no guilt for doing that. They do as they please. In jail there are even some inmates who get special treatment.

    I'd just have to say I'm neutral since I am arguing with both sides here......-.-

    'This world is trash. Cursed by the Fon Master...'

  6. #20
    is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Mr. Foxie's Den...
    Posts
    1,695
    Thanks
    78
    Thanked 42 Times in 37 Posts

    Re: Justice In Murder ?

    i'm against all unnatural death... by other's hands... but...

    i can't say that i wouldn't do the same thing...
    ending someone's life who ended my Darling's... my family's... my dog's... my cat's...

    is an option that becomes very real... to real... that unless i take it... will haunt me forever...


    don't agree with with putting animals down, or people... but if you love them... truly love them... i can't say anything against you...

  7. #21
    One Man Army Ochi Gate is off to a good start Ochi Gate's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,818
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 21 Times in 19 Posts

    Re: Justice In Murder ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Renn View Post
    lolz XD

    Yeah some of them (i believe) will never feel the guilt. There are some who will continue to believe that they had done right or whatever is going through there mind. I'm not saying we should kill them, but there must be another ways besides jail. Jail can only do so much......
    Once in a while you will get the crazed man than enjoys killing, and never feels remorse. jail wont help these people, and they (sometimes) dont fear death. they only thing they fear is being out of cntrol of their situation (maybe, if that) if yo put them in jail, they will just end up rallying the immates against you, too.

    Quote Originally Posted by Abu Dhabi View Post
    i can't say that i wouldn't do the same thing...
    ending someone's life who ended my Darling's... my family's... my dog's... my cat's...

    is an option that becomes very real... to real... that unless i take it... will haunt me forever...
    I agree, I dont want to go around killling people, and murder IS wrong (but, like it has been said, murder(at least in my opinion) isnt war, self-defense, ect) but i would get back at someone if somebody close to me was killed. you might be able to call it punishment, but i would still feel bad for the person's family, they didnt do anything wrong...

    "You will only have eyes for Me!"

  8. #22
    Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Oceanside CA
    Posts
    1,297
    Thanks
    476
    Thanked 171 Times in 152 Posts

    Re: Justice In Murder ?

    Quote Originally Posted by lapislazuli View Post
    Death penalty is still used in some states in America and there have been lots of studies and reports in each states reporting that capital cases are more expensive in most cases.
    Scourge, if it is no problem for you and you're really interested in why those capital (death) cases are more expensive, I ask you to read those articels I've linked here yourself.
    The problem for me in explaining those things is that I'm not familiar with some of those terms which means I can't really reproduce it.
    Anyway I searched a bit and found some informative links for you:
    Costs of the Death Penalty | Death Penalty Information Center
    Summary of the Kansas Death Penalty Cost Report by DPIC | Death Penalty Information Center
    Death Penalty*:*The High Cost of the Death Penalty
    I have to state for me though, that the sheer costs of those death penaltys aren't the only reason why I do not want it. That has ethnic reason rather than anything else.
    Interesting case you have there lap, but the only reason as to why its more expensive is the repeated trials of which to make sure that they got the right man/women who committed the crime. From what I gathered that is the only reason as to prevent it from getting out of hand and to discourage it from being over used. Also, I have done the math and of the number of people who are just thrown in prison and they equate to causting far more to give them housing in jail then it is to do away with them. Sure, to have the death sentence for some one is expensive, but those who are convicted and are by law qualify for the death penalty are relatively few out of the tens of thousands of those who have life sentences.
    Also, to set the recorded straight for Cal at least, is that yes we do have the death penalty, how ever, we almost never practice it. People who do qualify for death sentence are given life in prison which only equates to 25 years. I can only recall roughly 5 or so people getting the death sentence here in Cal, may be a little more but not much.
    Also the sights you given simply gave the cost per year, how ever they failed to give the number of people who had their capital punishment carried out. It says it cost 'X' amount of money per year, how ever, we have had many years with out fallowing through with the capital punishment and just leave said people with life in prison which brings me the validness if the sites.
    But I do appreciate you showing some evidence to support your thinking.

    I should make it clear that I have had a friend who was murdered in high school by gange members, they tried to kidnap her and rape her, she put up a fight in which case they just shot her in cold blood. The gange members involved were apprehended, how ever, only got a few years in prison and then were set free early for good behavior. They simply got a time out while I lost a friend who I can never see again.
    Last edited by Scourge; Mar 09, 2009 at 11:53 AM.
    "MY DEAR... I GIVE YOU THE CAPELLAN CONFEDERATION"
    AND THUS THE WAR WAS STARTED NOT BY GUN SHOT BUT BY WEDDING BELLS

  9. #23
    Otaku lapislazuli is off to a good start lapislazuli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    48° 07' – 48° 19' N 16° 11' – 16° 34' E or short: behind you.
    Posts
    363
    Thanks
    23
    Thanked 26 Times in 26 Posts

    Re: Justice In Murder ?

    I didn't say that there are many other reasons for death penalties to be expensive. The main reason is as you said, that those trials take much longer to ensure that the sentenced person is the 'real' thing. But it seems to be a fact that capital cases are more expensive due to the long trials.
    About not finding any concrete numbers:
    • Conclusions
    The estimated cost of a death penalty case was 70% more than the cost of a comparable non-death penalty case. Death penalty case costs were counted through to execution (median cost $1.26 million). Non-death penalty case costs were counted through to the end of incarceration (median cost $740,000).

    That's stated in Summary of the Kansas Death Penalty Cost Report. So it says that one concrete case of death penalty is more expensive than one non death penalty. Though I have no idea what kind of non death penalties they use to estimate this number. It's kinda vague I guess. xD However, this still is a rather serious study, therefore it has some authenticity.
    I feel sorry for your friend. I'm happy that nothing like that ever happened to me. Maybe I would have a different opinion on these things if something similar to this would happen to me.

    @atomik_sprout: You said they are cheaper, we should save a bunch of money by just killing them. Although due to those trials, it's not always cheaper to just kill them off.
    You are now breathing manually. :P

    E&OE;

  10. #24
    Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Oceanside CA
    Posts
    1,297
    Thanks
    476
    Thanked 171 Times in 152 Posts

    Re: Justice In Murder ?

    Lap, your talking 1 to 1, but remember, there are far more people who are serving life in prison compared to those who are on death row by at least 5 to 1, making it more expensive to house inmates then sentensing them.

    Also, what Atomic was talking about is after going through the usual trials a normal person would go through, and if found guilty and quality for the death sentance, then instead of having any more hearings about the case, they simply place a time and date and then do away with them. This would acctually cut the cost immensly.

    Also, I pray that you never have to go through the loss that I have gone through as well Lap, same goes with every one else here.
    "MY DEAR... I GIVE YOU THE CAPELLAN CONFEDERATION"
    AND THUS THE WAR WAS STARTED NOT BY GUN SHOT BUT BY WEDDING BELLS

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to Scourge For This Useful Post:

    atomik_sprout (Mar 24, 2009)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. About Justice...
    By ScionofDestiny in forum Debate and Discuss
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: Aug 11, 2006, 03:51 AM
  2. Amnesty for immigration is Justice
    By legacy2Bwritten in forum Debate and Discuss
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: Jul 30, 2006, 05:10 PM
  3. Justice...
    By disneyfrench in forum The Thread Vault
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: Feb 28, 2006, 03:49 AM
  4. Justice league unlimited
    By Ragn0r0x in forum The Thread Vault
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: Jul 18, 2005, 06:31 PM
  5. The Iron Fist Of Justice!!!!!!!!
    By Seiryu in forum The Thread Vault
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: Mar 17, 2005, 12:30 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts