+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Justice In Murder ?

One Man Army Ochi Gate is off to a good start Ochi Gate's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Justice In Murder ?

I belive the name of the thread should be changed to something like, "justice in death penalty" or something. otherwise, it starts of kinda biased.. but that's just my opinion..

I should make it clear that I have had a friend who was murdered in high school by gange members, they tried to kidnap her and rape her, she put up a fight in which case they just shot her in cold blood. The gange members involved we apprehended, how ever, only got a few years in prison and then were set free early for good behavior. They simply got a time out while I lost a friend who I can never see again.
    this kind of thing is horrible.

"You will only have eyes for Me!"

Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Thanks

The sad thing is that this happens all the time and yet there are people out there saying that we still have to play nice with the convicts. That REALLY pisses me off.

Also I meant to say that "the gange members WERE apprehended..." Not "WE apprehended them." My friends and I were not there when it happened and if we were we would have been killed as well or at least siverly injured. Which is why I fixed it.
    "MY DEAR... I GIVE YOU THE CAPELLAN CONFEDERATION"
    AND THUS THE WAR WAS STARTED NOT BY GUN SHOT BUT BY WEDDING BELLS

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Blou View Post
    Jail is HORRIBLE! What do you mean, "jail can only do so much"? Imprisonment comletely changes the mindset of whoever's experiencing it. Men get raped by other men, women get beat up horribly by each other, rapists get the worse of the treatment by their cellmates.. it's absolute hell. So imagine being stuck in there for the rest of your life.

Sounds fine with me if you committed the unthinkable.
    In a lot of cases, jail can only do so much. I know several people who've been in and out of jail and nothing has changed with them or there is very little change. They still do/did the same sh*t they did to land them in jail, or they become less refined/civilized. Plus, there are people who murder and only get charged with manslaughter--which is messed up--so they get to leave jail and continue doin' the same sh*t they've always done. My brother's killer only got manslaughter (back in 2005) and he'll probably roam free in a year or two. He's young, so MAYBE he'll change, but I doubt it. Jail warps the mind...

Quote Originally Posted by Scourge View Post
    Lap, your talking 1 to 1, but remember, there are far more people who are serving life in prison compared to those who are on death row by at least 5 to 1, making it more expensive to house inmates then sentensing them.

Also, what Atomic was talking about is after going through the usual trials a normal person would go through, and if found guilty and quality for the death sentance, then instead of having any more hearings about the case, they simply place a time and date and then do away with them. This would acctually cut the cost immensly.

Also, I pray that you never have to go through the loss that I have gone through as well Lap, same goes with every one else here.
    Agreed. If you have a mountain of evidence against the guy and he's found guilty, why would you lock him up for years before killing him. It should be trial, "guilty", walk the green mile and die. That's cost efficient and it would send a clear message to those who are considering committing crimes of similar nature.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to atomik_sprout For This Useful Post:

Scourge (Mar 24, 2009)

Newbie ookami is off to a good start ookami's Avatar
    Thanks

Well justice wouldnt exsit without muder. no matter what happens pepole will still be murdered in the name of somthing especily justice. more or less you cant really have one without the other muder is at root a link to what has created justice so they in them self coexit together

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ookami View Post
    Well justice wouldnt exsit without muder. no matter what happens pepole will still be murdered in the name of somthing especily justice. more or less you cant really have one without the other muder is at root a link to what has created justice so they in them self coexit together
    Wrong. There will always be a sense of justice in most humans--with or without the act of murder. When my house was broken in to and all of my family's prized possesions were stolen, I demanded justice. When I was robbed on the street (several times), I called the police and I demanded justice. If you were to hit my little sister, I'd hit you back because I'd demand justice.

Justice exsists, whether we want it to or not. For every action, there's a reaction. For every negative action we take, there is a consequence... Justice enforces those consequences.
    Last edited by atomik_sprout; Mar 24, 2009 at 08:43 AM. Reason: Forgot a line...

Otaku Franco is off to a good start Franco's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Blou View Post
    You know, whether or not you think my opinion is valid is really no use to me. You cannot accuse someone of not doing something if you, yourself don't know if they did or not. After all, "a truly valid opinion is one that is informed with the most information".

Now, to correct your poorly based assumption of me, I have always asked myself that question. What would be my perspective on the matter if the situation were different? If the situation involved one of my own?

And honestly, I never have an answer. I know that I would be angry. And I know that I would want them dead. But then there is a part of me that says, death isn't the answer. Kill them for killing my family - it's like a never ending game of tag, and resolves nothing. However, if they were put in seclusion for the rest of their life in a tiny cell, never to see THEIR family again.. they would eventually go insane. They'd go crazy, have nothing to live for, be miserable.

In other words, they wouldn't have a life. And is that not the same thing as death? In my book, it's worse. Death is the easy way out, for them anyway. So give them the satisfaction that they won, just because you are angry?

No thank you.
    I'd rather let the bastard live his miserable life in a hell-hole as well as burn in hell afterwards for doing what he did.

Oh look, double the consequence!
    I agree with you, however, instead of having them stay in an tiny little room for the rest of their lives, they should all be put in hard labor and help pay for their stay. It will not only make an example for the others to think before they act, but it will help take away the burden of us the taxpayers paying so much money for them to get a exercise yard, school, 3 sq. meals a day, medical, etc., etc.(yeah you might get raped, but you have a better life then most people have in the world) depending on the crime should be based on the types of jobs they do, so if you murder someone, you should be force to do the most terrible job avail. then go to your tiny little room everyday for the rest of you life while avoiding the sisters. that is not cruel and unusal punishment, you are not being tortured, you just earn your keep in society while you pay the price, and take away all those perks they get and just give them what they need to stay alive (food, water, clothes, ans cell that is it) why do we have to pay for them when they should be paying us back for what they have done to us and society.

Newbie ookami is off to a good start ookami's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by atomik_sprout View Post
    Wrong. There will always be a sense of justice in most humans--with or without the act of murder. When my house was broken in to and all of my family's prized possesions were stolen, I demanded justice. When I was robbed on the street (several times), I called the police and I demanded justice. If you were to hit my little sister, I'd hit you back because I'd demand justice.

Justice exsists, whether we want it to or not. For every action, there's a reaction. For every negative action we take, there is a consequence... Justice enforces those consequences.
    well speaking from a point of no real answer u be right and i be the bad guy but to commet murder is not allways in terms of bad yes everything has consequence good or bad if it was the just thing to kill one bad guy to save one or more pepole then it would be justice but to kill for o sake is muder and yes its wrong in our socity now but for aslong as humans have existed other pepole will be killed by others its something that will never stop i not for murder i just trying to point out you cant have order or the secnce of justice without the " bad guy" dieing or disapering yes some pepole dont have most rights to take the actions they have done should be accoutible by the actions they take no matter if they had a just or nonjust cause muder is unexceptal in modern socity but inorder for there to be or have be a sence of justice u need to start with order and normal it come by suppressing pepole of other veiw or thoughs with power but the quicky way to lead to order and ultmantly justice is to commet muder in the city, state, or contrys entire life span it the basic concept of yen and yan coexistance

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ookami View Post
    well speaking from a point of no real answer u be right and i be the bad guy but to commet murder is not allways in terms of bad yes everything has consequence good or bad if it was the just thing to kill one bad guy to save one or more pepole then it would be justice but to kill for o sake is muder and yes its wrong in our socity now but for aslong as humans have existed other pepole will be killed by others its something that will never stop i not for murder i just trying to point out you cant have order or the secnce of justice without the " bad guy" dieing or disapering yes some pepole dont have most rights to take the actions they have done should be accoutible by the actions they take no matter if they had a just or nonjust cause muder is unexceptal in modern socity but inorder for there to be or have be a sence of justice u need to start with order and normal it come by suppressing pepole of other veiw or thoughs with power but the quicky way to lead to order and ultmantly justice is to commet muder in the city, state, or contrys entire life span it the basic concept of yen and yan coexistance
    Justice:
    • The quality of being just or fair.
    • Judgment involved in the determination of rights and the assignment of rewards and punishments.

Justice doesn't co-exsit with just murder. Justice co-exists with crime! Murder isn't the only act in this world that is unjust. Assault, battery (which holds hands with assault), theft, robbery, burglary, arson/vandalism, manslaughter, etcetera are all unjust acts and justice is what decides how criminals pay for their crimes.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast