+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Kids raping. Who to blame?

anti-semantics Pub Quiz Champion tsurara may be famous one day tsurara may be famous one day tsurara's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Kids raping. Who to blame?

I don't think it should be immediately accepted that they did it and are automatically guilty of a crime based only on allegations. The case is still pending and from what little I've heard about the case, it sounds like there's a great setup for a slightly older girl putting the boys up to some hanky panky and then turning around to "tell on them" in order to get attention.

I don't think she realizes how serious this is... after all: the first people she told about it were her friends at a slumber party (which she felt completely up to going to... which reguardless of whether the sexual activity was consentual or not, implies she wasn't so emotionally or physically scarred by it to keep her from returning to her regularly scheduled program).

She's older than they are... they are a bit too young to have gone "that route" without encouragment. It just sounds VERY fishy to me.

I'm with you in that it's screwed up to blame a girl for her own rape. But we don't actually know that she WAS raped yet.

She didn't even have to be the one "putting them up to it" to have consented at the time then changed her mind later for fear of reprisal or out of guilt and then confess to someone while changing a few of the details.

Children lie... a lot. And rarely do they understand the consequences of those lies.

Luckily, they aren't very good liars and they usually have pretty steadfast consciences (if they've been raised well). I'm pretty sure just waiting a bit and giving the kids some time to get their stories straight WITHOUT coaching from adults and lawyers, we'd probably have the truth in a few weeks: out of all the kids involved.

Of course, now that lawyers are involved: we may never know.
    Last edited by tsurara; Nov 21, 2007 at 03:17 AM.

Cherubic Flash Pegs Champion, Chaos Theory Champion, Booya Champion, Word Up Champion, Angel Differences Champion mystical shadow angel may be famous one day mystical shadow angel may be famous one day mystical shadow angel's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tsurara View Post
    I don't think it should be immediately accepted that they did it and are automatically guilty of a crime based only on allegations...
    Yeah, I agree. I'm glad you brought this up because you're absolutely right. I really doubt boys their age would've done what they did without encouragement of some kind, and kids their age usually do what their elders tell them to. The golden rule with kids is the older you are, the more power you have over those younger than you, which is part of why most of them want to grow up faster.

However without knowing the boys personally, it's really hard to judge. That's just the way it was where I was brought up, but of course, it varies from place to place.

And yes, you're right. Children do lie a lot, especially when they've done something that makes them feel guilty. They feel the need to put the blame on someone else, or just deny it ever happened altogether. If the girl did lie, I really hope she'll realize the consequences of doing so and get her act together.

Of course, this is just speculation to see things from another perspective, but that's not to say that what the boys allegedly did was right. At their age, the best rule is always to "keep your hands and feet to yourself".

Fish Fingers & Custard Ice Hockey Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Mini Putt 3 Champion, Ant Tracks Champion, Jungle Hunt Champion, Madnetics Champion, Manole Champion, Blokken Champion, Fast Food Fiasco Champion, Shapes Hifters Champion, Mud and Blood: Vietnam Champion HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice's Avatar
    someplace where the only light is the moon above
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Abu Dhabi View Post
    ^_^ i just so happend to completely agree with the above statement!

sorry, but if you're that sexual f***ed up at that age, there's isn't too much hope for you as you grow older... and since i'm not too kosher with the death penalty, then i think castration is the way to go~!
    i agree with this but why stop there? punish the parets to i mean
    they know there kids better than anyone so they know hte kids have issues
    if they say they dont the take there children becuase there not good parents
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and all your demons
    I'll be the one to protect you from a will to survive and a voice of reason
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and your choices son
    They're one in the same, I must isolate you...
    Isolate and save you from yourself

Banned Rave_Grip may be famous one day Rave_Grip may be famous one day Rave_Grip's Avatar
    Thanks

No, don't say that, children are doing things behind their parents' back and they don't even know about it.

Like "immigrant" parents question their children, and just don't send them to their rooms, they rather they use tough methods ...
    anyway, parents should not be punished untill they find further proof.

Thanks for the memories princesslady may be famous one day princesslady may be famous one day princesslady's Avatar
    Thanks

This is a touchy subject, especially for me.
    Rape is serious. It affects the victim emotionally and physiacally.
    Personally, these assholes need to get life in ADULT COURT.
    Argue if you want saying they are children. Bit*h plz. Tey are 8 and 9.
    they aren't dumb fuc*s who don't know right from wrong. They need to go to jail or get life or die in hell!
    If i was the prosecutor, I would try for life in prison, but as we all know tht'll never happen. But these hellspawns need a good old fashioned ass whoopen. They are sure glad i ain't they momma. I would whoop that ass as soon as they got out the shower and not stop till they bleed. That's old school

Born to rule, raised to lead, taught to establish: The African Queen

AO Animator mellow maromi may be famous one day mellow maromi may be famous one day mellow maromi's Avatar
    Thanks

ehh.. I don't agree. You're only looking at it from one perspective, due to personal experiences. Its different then you think.

Otaku Mini Pool 2 Champion, England turkey bowling Champion Namida Goddess may be famous one day Namida Goddess may be famous one day Namida Goddess's Avatar
    Thanks

It is sad to see these kinds of things happening but it is reality. Sadly, the parents are always the ones who get the finger pointed at them but it isn't always the parents fault, however there are many times when it is. While the girl was older there are many reasons why she could not push them away or fight back depending on her emotional state at the time and it was two to one. As to the being threatened with a rock problem, despite that a child may not be able to lift a 50lb rock even a small one can do serious damage. I think the boys should be punished severely for what they did whether it teaches them a lesson in the long run or not.

byakugan Barn Break Champion, Dino Rennen Champion, Block Buster Champion, Portal Champion, Quick Brick Champion cantsenditback is off to a good start cantsenditback's Avatar
    Thanks

hmm, i say its the people who was involved and their parents. how the hell can two kids under 10 rape a 11 year old girl. come on what did they use. a semi automatic gun. in my opinion i say the kids should be locked up and the parents should be blamed somehow as they was responsibe to look after the child

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast