+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Kids Of Today

Devoted Otaku Quick Words Champion, Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion, Mah Jongg Garden Champion, Haunted House Champion Cheza may be famous one day Cheza may be famous one day Cheza's Avatar
    Thanks

Exclamation Kids Of Today

My boyfriend's mother works a lot to give her kids what she didn't have at their age. . . which got me thinking. . . Many parents today have that thought on their mind, work yourself to death so the kids can have a better life! Which usually involves her 17 year old daughter going to the mall every day to buy clothes, shoes, and other accessories she only wears once.

I mean I fully believe that sometimes you have to suffer a little bit in your youth to motivate yourself to succeed in later life.

By getting them what they want you're only spoiling them into believing that they'll always have it good . . . . What do you think?
    Last edited by Cheza; Jun 15, 2008 at 05:25 PM.
    If they really had a desire to live, they would've been more aware of how easy it is to die.

Àddïctëd tø |ăüghïñg :) Sonny Sunshine Champion, Volcano Champion, Aquarium Sprengischen Champion, Spiderman Web of Words Champion, Look Alive Champion iluvmyloser is off to a good start iluvmyloser's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Kids Of Today

Actually, I understand it's nice to spoil your kids, but not that much. Just enough to give them what they need to have a good life(House,Food,Clothes,Supplies,Etc...). I would however work my best for them to succeed in life. Also, Wouldn't you want your kid to live their life nice? Have good stuff? Kids these days can tease, which is very stupid of them, I wouldn't want my kids to be judged but there is nothing I can do but give them stuff...Well when I have some anyways Lol ^-^

P.S. EEH! First post! XD
    Yeah, Bye.

AO #1 (fill in the blank) KungFu Basil Champion, Lost In The Jungle Champion, Heli Attack 2 Champion basilisk888 is off to a good start basilisk888's Avatar
    Thanks

kids being spoiled.... kids being spoiled.... yep its true most (on something like AO) not saying everyone here is a child... but if you look at someone in africa or even some parts in america... you see the people who are in proverty and can't "enjoy" these things... so in other words most "rich" kids are spoiled... its not exsactly a bad thing but it can lead to bad habits.... and bad things can lead to it...
    death and life are one and the same

Àddïctëd tø |ăüghïñg :) Sonny Sunshine Champion, Volcano Champion, Aquarium Sprengischen Champion, Spiderman Web of Words Champion, Look Alive Champion iluvmyloser is off to a good start iluvmyloser's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by basilisk888 View Post
    kids being spoiled.... kids being spoiled.... yep its true most (on something like AO) not saying everyone here is a child... but if you look at someone in africa or even some parts in america... you see the people who are in proverty and can't "enjoy" these things... so in other words most "rich" kids are spoiled... its not exsactly a bad thing but it can lead to bad habits.... and bad things can lead to it...
    Some kids are spoiled which causes some rich kiddos to be very mean. Not everyone is mean..like me!!!! Im not mean ^^. Sometimes spoiling them too much can lead to a habit. With bad attitudes, to walking away. Some parents do a lot for their kids. So they shoudla t least respect that..
    Yeah, Bye.

AO #1 (fill in the blank) KungFu Basil Champion, Lost In The Jungle Champion, Heli Attack 2 Champion basilisk888 is off to a good start basilisk888's Avatar
    Thanks

yaaa.... but the problem is if you get that stuck in the kids head then they would pass it to their kids even worse... never ending cycle >.<
    death and life are one and the same

Shibuya Crosser Onizuka may be famous one day Onizuka may be famous one day Onizuka's Avatar
    Thanks

not to hate on the younger generations or make myself sound old [WHICH I AM NOT!] lol but seriously i find that a lot of kids these days have no respect for anyone and have a delusion of the value of money. mommy and daddy buy them everything and pamper them they don't discipline their kids anymore. I i see kids telling their parents to F-Off in public and i just think to myself....when i was your age if i turned around and said anything even remotly close i would get the ass kicking of a lifetime in front of everyone....lol...at the time it sucked but now i'm glad because i turned out quite good i think at least i respect people don't mouth off to people and have respect for a lot of things and appreciate everything i have.

Russel Peters said it best..."Parent.....Beat Your Kids!" lol funny but true i have this discussion with my friends all the time.

Legendary Otaku Happy Pill Champion, Monkey Mayhem Champion NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90's Avatar
    Thanks

its nice to spoil your kids once in a while, but i was taught that you arent gonna get what you want handed to you. you need to work for it. and ive taken this lesson to heart. for the past year, almopst everything i've bought was from my pocket. my Xbox took me 2 and a half paychecks to afford, and thats with putting cash in the bank.

congratulate your kids once in a while, but let them fend for themselves mainly. they will be a better person overall.
    Why hello there!

+ Reply to Thread