+ Reply to Thread

Thread: kin and the world

AO #1 (fill in the blank) KungFu Basil Champion, Lost In The Jungle Champion, Heli Attack 2 Champion basilisk888 is off to a good start basilisk888's Avatar
    Thanks

kin and the world

I have been thinking about the world lately and how we define it; with the idea of common descent and such would it be safe to say that everyone is everyones kin?

Kinship - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

if it was like that then I could call a tree my kin; right? for with common descent we are from the same ansestors, right? what do you think about this? what are your ideas on this topic? is it right for me or anyone to have the "right" to call another person your "kin" ? Would it be right if you likke a tree or plant that another could say that you were killing your "kin" ? what are your ideas on this.
    death and life are one and the same

Devoted Otaku Ghattenpaw is off to a good start Ghattenpaw's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: kin and the world

We ARE all related. The scientist have traced the human ancestry back to the oldest tribe in Africa. They did this through DNA markers. The History channel has a special on this subject. Our original ancestors split up onto separate paths tens of thousands of years ago. Then we adapted to the various terrains and weather that was settled into.

Anything is Pawsable
    Growing old is Mandatory-Growing up is Optional

Devoted Otaku gamemaster331 is off to a good start gamemaster331's Avatar
    Thanks

Kin is whoever you decide it to be. During the Middle Ages, there were many instances of this or that family "adopting" someone into their families. This has happened even into our own time. My Mother, for example, calls several of my brothers frineds her kids. And thus, she tries to make sure they're okay and everything.
    "What part of Evil don't you understand?"

Legendary Otaku Happy Pill Champion, Monkey Mayhem Champion NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90's Avatar
    Thanks

well technically every organic thing today was once just a cloud of gasses in the primordial soup. therefore, when we formed, everything else was formed as well.

avatar TLA puts it best when it says "We are really all one and the same, yet we live as if divided."

so, when you say a dog is a man;s best freind, the dog is really just another part of man, just as the man is another part of the dog.
    Why hello there!

AO #1 (fill in the blank) KungFu Basil Champion, Lost In The Jungle Champion, Heli Attack 2 Champion basilisk888 is off to a good start basilisk888's Avatar
    Thanks

ok... ummm.... well I ment that since all things devided off of one common "thing" then everything in this world (all things alive) are "kin" just trying to get the idea that everyday humans are destroying their own "kin" like if you step on a bug then you are killing your cousin.
    (Just trying to get people to think...)
    death and life are one and the same

+ Reply to Thread