+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Koran burning??

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Koran burning??

Okay, so I may have been behind on the news (as I just heard about this madness a few days ago) and I think they suspended the burning of sacred text, which is good. But, it still raises the question: Is it okay to burn religious text because you want to honor people?

A guy burned a copy of the Koran at 'Ground Zero' (I really hate calling it that), claiming that "if it's okay to burn American Flags, it's okay to burn the Koran," Which I think is utter BS. (Source: Man ignites Koran near Ground Zero, apparently prompted by Florida Pastor Terry Jones) Anyway, I guess what I'm getting at is that I believe comparing the US flag to religious text is pretty wrong. I also think that we should respect the fact that we have American citizens who just so happen to be Muslim. I think that if they actually carried out the book burning today, we'd have a whole lot of poop hitting the fan. Tons of it and it would just blow backward. (I was close to packing my things and getting a passport, LOL.)

Anyway, I don't know how great of a debate this will be as it's no longer happening and is now hypothetical in nature but, what do you think? Is it okay to compare religious text to the pride of a nation? Or a flag for that matter? Do you think the country would react differently if there was a Bible burning? What makes any of it okay? Do you think that there will ever be a point where we just accept each other as a nation? Or do we continue to put others at risk (especially the ones from the US who are in countries dominated by Muslims) by casting judgement on every body who isn't "from here"?

Moderator Fling The Cow Champion, Abba The Fox Champion deodaclan18 may be famous one day deodaclan18 may be famous one day deodaclan18's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Koran burning??

If he paid for the copy of the book, then he should be able to burn it. Same goes for a bible, it's all about freedom of choice imo. Not like it brought harm to others, so there's no point in giving this guy the attention he so wants over something that's not that big of a deal.

Does this mean I agree with his reasoning behind the burning? Hell no.
    Attitude of AO MODS, according to beast
    Because they have obtained that level they are arrogant. You have to kep in mind when you talk about these guys they are kind of dorks who probably didn't excel at much and this is their only outlet to flex their muscles. Their egos would suffer no less so the the forum suffers some more. Watch one way or another they will probably repond to this post with a threat. But there are better forums out there. Private messege Zev.

You's Trollin Pro Leafblower Champion, Helicopter Champion ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro's Avatar
    Thanks

I think burning the book its better than burning a person for what he beliefs.

Newbie Dreaming girl is off to a good start Dreaming girl's Avatar
    Thanks

Hi
    For me Ihate burning any thing What ever it was

Otaku Sarentai Kyoukan is off to a good start Sarentai Kyoukan's Avatar
    Thanks

I just gotta say that
    Burning up a holy book is a pretty ugly thing to do .May it be the Quran , Bible ,Geeta or whatever ..
    IMHO , don't think his reason is validatory
    Just because somone did some bull$HIT by burning the flag of America doesnt mean he does bull$hit by burning a holy book .
    Both of the ppl are wrong , the flag burner shouldnt have done it , the book burner shouldn'thave done it

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sarentai Kyoukan View Post
    I just gotta say that
    Burning up a holy book is a pretty ugly thing to do .May it be the Quran , Bible ,Geeta or whatever ..
    IMHO , don't think his reason is validatory
    Just because somone did some bull$HIT by burning the flag of America doesnt mean he does bull$hit by burning a holy book .
    Both of the ppl are wrong , the flag burner shouldnt have done it , the book burner shouldn'thave done it
    I agree. To some people, they'd only see it as burning a book--"no harm, no foul." But, I'm almost 100% certain that the amount of people who'd take offense to the burning of holy text (be it a bible, koran, etc.) and they'd be PISSED. I bet any kind of money that if I had a bible burning right now, I'd have a ton of angry Christians running toward me in an angry mob, with torches and pitchforks. Why wouldn't Muslims (radical or not) react the same way? A flag is different and honestly, I could care less. I'm not saying I wouldn't defend our country, were it under attack. I'm just saying a flag is a tablecloth with pretty stuff on it. Holy text is vastly different and I don't even want to imagine the outbreak of madness it would create as a result of its burning.

Leave me alone, fanboys! rematche is making a name for themselves rematche is making a name for themselves rematche's Avatar
    Thanks

this is what freedom stands for, if you look at it. everyone has the right to anything as long it is not against freedom itself. burning a koran is a freedom of choice, and anyone is in titled to do that or not.

it is not even an act of racist because koran is a religion not a race, but a muslim is, and of course not all muslim follows the koran also. islamaphobe is not even racist, by definition that it simply states being afraid of the islam religion and ideas. and by the way, this is also a freedom for being one or not.
    YYYEEEEAAAAAAHHHHH!!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rematche View Post
    this is what freedom stands for, if you look at it. everyone has the right to anything as long it is not against freedom itself. burning a koran is a freedom of choice, and anyone is in titled to do that or not.

it is not even an act of racist because koran is a religion not a race, but a muslim is, and of course not all muslim follows the koran also. islamaphobe is not even racist, by definition that it simply states being afraid of the islam religion and ideas. and by the way, this is also a freedom for being one or not.
    I personally beg to differ. The people who came here from Europe came here because the wanted to escape religious oppression. That's one of the founding principles of this country, supposedly. So, why would anyone here want to do that to another religion? I mean, I know that Christians and Muslims have been butting heads since the crusades but, damn--when does it stop? I thought that "all men were created equal" in this country. I thought that it's Christ like to respect another person regardless of the religion they practice. And that guy was gonna offend a TON of people in one day.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast