+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Koran burning??

You's Trollin Pro Leafblower Champion, Helicopter Champion ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Koran burning??

Quote Originally Posted by atomik_sprout View Post
    I personally beg to differ. The people who came here from Europe came here because the wanted to escape religious oppression. That's one of the founding principles of this country, supposedly. So, why would anyone here want to do that to another religion? I mean, I know that Christians and Muslims have been butting heads since the crusades but, damn--when does it stop? I thought that "all men were created equal" in this country. I thought that it's Christ like to respect another person regardless of the religion they practice. And that guy was gonna offend a TON of people in one day.
    facepalm.jpg

When have they not been pissed at us? Muslims don't like our freedoms, they hate women being free to do as they please, they hate our freedom of expression, press and criticism. They will never be happy as long as we hold these freedoms.

丹色 月影 BrightShadow_96 may be famous one day BrightShadow_96 may be famous one day BrightShadow_96's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ketaro View Post
    facepalm.jpg

When have they not been pissed at us? Muslims don't like our freedoms, they hate women being free to do as they please, they hate our freedom of expression, press and criticism. They will never be happy as long as we hold these freedoms.
    I'm not sure if this is what you meant to say, but I hope you realize that you just made a huge generalization.
    "Muslim" does not equal "hatred of American freedom".
    That is why there are Muslim Americans. They liked American freedom so much they decided to live here (and of course I'm excluding Muslim extremist terrorists, because they're obviously not so big on America and not who I'm talking about).

On subject, though, I don't think that Qu`ran burning is OK, but it is allowed in our rights. That being said, it's made much worse by the fact that this whole book burning deal could get American soldiers killed in the Middle East. So . . . maybe it technically isn't in our rights, if it endangers others, though no one could really prove it.
    Last edited by BrightShadow_96; Sep 16, 2010 at 03:12 AM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to BrightShadow_96 For This Useful Post:

atomik_sprout (Sep 16, 2010)

Leave me alone, fanboys! rematche is making a name for themselves rematche is making a name for themselves rematche's Avatar
    Thanks

I personally beg to differ. The people who came here from Europe came here because the wanted to escape religious oppression. That's one of the founding principles of this country, supposedly. So, why would anyone here want to do that to another religion? I mean, I know that Christians and Muslims have been butting heads since the crusades but, damn--when does it stop? I thought that "all men were created equal" in this country. I thought that it's Christ like to respect another person regardless of the religion they practice. And that guy was gonna offend a TON of people in one day.
    exactly, everyone is equal, including equal to hate and love. and koran burning is an equal act of one's freedom to act. remember a person is entitled to do anything because of freedom. you may not like and others might, but this is what freedom is--it's for everybody.

this is just the same as drawing muhammad day.
    Last edited by rematche; Sep 16, 2010 at 06:38 AM.
    YYYEEEEAAAAAAHHHHH!!!

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BrightShadow_96 View Post
    I'm not sure if this is what you meant to say, but I hope you realize that you just made a huge generalization.
    "Muslim" does not equal "hatred of American freedom".
    That is why there are Muslim Americans. They liked American freedom so much they decided to live here (and of course I'm excluding Muslim extremist terrorists, because they're obviously not so big on America and not who I'm talking about).

On subject, though, I don't think that Qu`ran burning is OK, but it is allowed in our rights. That being said, it's made much worse by the fact that this whole book burning deal could get American soldiers killed in the Middle East. So . . . maybe it technically isn't in our rights, if it endangers others, though no one could really prove it.
    Thank you! I go to college with a ton of Muslim students and none of them hate America. I know they'd hate having their religion being pissed on though. I'm quite sure that were the shoe on the other foot, there'd be some deporting going on.

Quote Originally Posted by rematche View Post
    exactly, everyone is equal, including equal to hate and love. and koran burning is an equal act of one's freedom to act. remember a person is entitled to do anything because of freedom. you may not like and others might, but this is what freedom is--it's for everybody.

this is just the same as drawing muhammad day.
    LOL, "Drawing Mohammed day". Interesting fact: Muslims believe you're playing "God" if you draw a human being or anything else that breathes life because, you're "trying to create another living being" (Rather than imitate one?). I had a Somalian guy at my old job told me that a long time ago.

Anyway, I don't dispute that every US citizen has their rights to do as they please but, what happened to Christians being "Christ like?" Respecting one another/loving thy neighbor and so on. It's more of a moral issue to me, rather than an issue of exercising one's rights as a US citizen, because I know that no Christian would tolerate a bible burning. They'd rather burn science books before they let that happen.

Leave me alone, fanboys! rematche is making a name for themselves rematche is making a name for themselves rematche's Avatar
    Thanks

Thank you! I go to college with a ton of Muslim students and none of them hate America. I know they'd hate having their religion being pissed on though. I'm quite sure that were the shoe on the other foot, there'd be some deporting going on.

LOL, "Drawing Mohammed day". Interesting fact: Muslims believe you're playing "God" if you draw a human being or anything else that breathes life because, you're "trying to create another living being" (Rather than imitate one?). I had a Somalian guy at my old job told me that a long time ago.

Anyway, I don't dispute that every US citizen has their rights to do as they please but, what happened to Christians being "Christ like?" Respecting one another/loving thy neighbor and so on. It's more of a moral issue to me, rather than an issue of exercising one's rights as a US citizen, because I know that no Christian would tolerate a bible burning. They'd rather burn science books before they let that happen.
    yup, sad but true. and it's fundamentalist christians, not all christians. purpose: it's political, motivated through media which is under them. BUT there are still who are just well....stupid. doing things that are just plain stupid.
    YYYEEEEAAAAAAHHHHH!!!

Teddy Bear =^_^= Bean Hunter Champion Frozen Rose may be famous one day Frozen Rose's Avatar
    Thanks

this is just madness how they dare to burn our Islamic Koran , this is a holy book from God no one have the right to do anything bad to it .. God gave us this book to work with it great words the great meaning in every letter in it and glorify it ...

i don't know why they do this to us , we Islamic people glorify every book of God's books it is true that all human devided into groups becasues of realigon but we all share one thing is worship One God Our God .... we respect every realigon and we had never insulted any realigon or it book ... *very mad*

i will not say anything else becasue everything i say can't make anything i will leave everything in the great hands of God he know what they are doing ... =^_^=
    http://www.animeonline.net/avatars/frozen-rose-62446.gif?type=sigpic&dateline=1230225100
    My Dreams Become Like The Rainbow
    Love Like the Wind You Can't See It But You Can Feel It

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Frozen Rose For This Useful Post:

atomik_sprout (Sep 27, 2010)

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

i think Pastor Bob Botsford said it best on his twitter, "Quick review Xn's: The LIGHT we're called to be... doesn't come from Koran burning bonfires of hate (Mt5:44). We clear on that? Ok carry on."

Matthew 5:40-48
    "You have heard that it was said, 'Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.' But I tell you: Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, that you may be sons of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that? And if you greet only your brothers, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that? Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect."

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Abu Dhabi For This Useful Post:

atomik_sprout (Sep 27, 2010)

Newbie bluewolf is off to a good start bluewolf's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm almost positive that technically he is covered under Freedom of Speech. The reason why I say I'm almost positive that technically he wont get into trouble is because years ago a guy decided to burn an American flag because he was upset with America. Most people believe that he should have been sent to jail however he was covered under Freedom of Speech. After saying that even though I'm pretty sure it is legal I believe that it was very ill mannered of him to do such a thing.

Of course many people were upset after 9/11 however I believe that is not fair to take it out on every Muslim. They aren't all like that. That's like saying all nerds will be like Bill Gates, blonds are all dumb, pit bulls are all aggressive and mean, all Christians are bible thumpers, bigger people are all slobs and sloths, only skinny people exercise and eat healthy, all jocks only want one thing, and so many more assumptions. It's not fair to anyone to be judgmental.
    I suppose Santa Claus doesn't go around delivering semi-automatics, extra mags, and cans of tear gas.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bluewolf For This Useful Post:

atomik_sprout (Sep 27, 2010), _gwenibe_ (Sep 18, 2010)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast