+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: L b g t

Otaku superstar9156 is off to a good start superstar9156's Avatar
    Thanks

Exclamation L b g t

recently i found out or belived that i'm Bi. and i'm trying to figure out how i should tell my parents. i'm not sure if they'll believe me or accept who i am.

i have no problem w/ gays les bi's and transexuals. but i'm not sure ifi should tell them.us whst should i do? please help me.us

A Soul Needs a Purpose to Live.- Gaara

Commander Ham Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: L b g t

Don't rush into it. Make sure you are comfortable with your sexuality and then sit them down and tell them how you are and that even if they don't agree with it, that is who you are. You are still their child, they will come along even if they don't at first.

A lot of people explore sexuality and think they are bi just to determine after a while that they are really gay...or completely straight. There is nothing to prove and nothing you have to proclaim. Be yourself and once you are sure of who you are...tell others.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chiefblackhammer For This Useful Post:

Marcus Fenix (Apr 11, 2011), superstar9156 (Apr 11, 2011)

Otaku Marcus Fenix is off to a good start Marcus Fenix's Avatar
    Thanks

The way I see it, you're all sitting on a goddamn powder keg. I had a discussion like this once and several punches were thrown before it was over.

My personal veiw on the matter: Don't ask, don't tell. If you aren't open about it, then you don't have to worry. But people who are talking about it and annoucing they are tend to ask for trouble around my neighborhood.

I honestly don't give a damn what the person's prefs in the bedroom are, because it doesn't make them any less of a human being.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Marcus Fenix For This Useful Post:

superstar9156 (Apr 11, 2011)

Otaku Stickicide 2 Champion starfire1036 is making a name for themselves starfire1036 is making a name for themselves starfire1036's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by superstar9156 View Post
    recently i found out or belived that i'm Bi. and i'm trying to figure out how i should tell my parents. i'm not sure if they'll believe me or accept who i am.

i have no problem w/ gays les bi's and transexuals. but i'm not sure ifi should tell them.us whst should i do? please help me.us
    its usually hard at first... when i told my mom shed assumed i was only trying to be like everyone else.... my father, idk how he'd have reacted... died long ago... i suppose after she met my first girlfriend she believed me.... not saying you should do thhat haha... but tell the one your closest to first, they may take it better than the other.... then when your comfortable with the other knowing, sit them both down n tell them both, again, that this is who you are, that you understand what it means to be bisexual, that you aren't trying to show off, and you know what to expect in terms of homophobes n stuff....

i suppose if ud like to talk with me about some things you can message me....

7. The Following User Says Thank You to starfire1036 For This Useful Post:

superstar9156 (Apr 12, 2011)

Newbie bluewolf is off to a good start bluewolf's Avatar
    Thanks

Even though you aren't a kid you are young (I'm 20 and I'll be the first to admit I'm young). A lot of young people are confused when it comes to their sexuality. There's nothing wrong with exploring your sexuality and it's great to go into it with an open mind however when it comes to telling your family it's best to know for sure what you are. I'm not saying that you aren't for sure what your sexuality is. I suggest that if you haven't that you spend some time just looking at whether or not there is a psychological reason on why that's your sexuality.

When it comes down to tell your parents your sexuality there are several things to think about. If you do live in a neighborhood that you know wouldn't be okay with your sexuality than you need to decide if you would rather hide it until you get the chance to move to a better neighborhood or say screw and tell (it especially depends on how bad the neighborhood is to LBGT). It also depends on what your parents are like. Honestly if you think one of them will keep your secret until you tell the other one than that will help. If you have a friend that has came out already than it may help to have your friend there to give you advice and be supportive.

Your parents may not be to happy about it however if you give them some time they should come to the conclusion that you are their child.

Please Let us know what you decide to do and how it works out for you (hopefully everything works out).
    I suppose Santa Claus doesn't go around delivering semi-automatics, extra mags, and cans of tear gas.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to bluewolf For This Useful Post:

superstar9156 (Apr 12, 2011)

Thanks

Thank u very much. to everyone. u truely did help me a lot. I told my guardian first because she knows me the most, and even though we didnt get along very well, she is extremely helpful to me. She was shocked and didn't believe me at first untill she saw tht i was totally serious. it was kinda funni though. haha. but with her religion, she can not accept me. so its kind of a downer really.

Newbie bluewolf is off to a good start bluewolf's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by superstar9156 View Post
    Thank u very much. to everyone. u truely did help me a lot. I told my guardian first because she knows me the most, and even though we didnt get along very well, she is extremely helpful to me. She was shocked and didn't believe me at first untill she saw tht i was totally serious. it was kinda funni though. haha. but with her religion, she can not accept me. so its kind of a downer really.
    I'm sure it has taken a big weight off of your shoulder. You should be always honest with yourself.
    I'm very sorry to hear that she didn't take it well. Give her some time to adjust. A very close friend of mine's son told her and her husband that he was gay and at first she didn't know what to think (they were in a form of shock) however after a few days and talking to their preacher they came to the conclusion that he is their son and no matter what his sexuality is they love him (they also love his boyfriend).
    I suppose Santa Claus doesn't go around delivering semi-automatics, extra mags, and cans of tear gas.

Thanks

Smile Re: L b g t

oh really... goods for hinm. i wish him well. but yea, she keeps on staring at me though. Is tht a form of shock?. anyway it did relieved me in a way. so thsnkx

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast