Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: The Language of GOD? (please explain why u believe this)

Otaku Lupas is off to a good start
    Thanks

The Language of GOD? (please explain why u believe this)

religion's always a touchy subject, everyone has differrent beliefs, but all seem 2 have 1 common thread, god's always choosing someone 2 convey it's message.
    What do you believe god's language to be?

i believe god voice and will lie within physics all laws which can't be broken are there! after all why wouldn't god tell everyone.

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: The Language of GOD? (please explain why u believe this)

God, bing the Omnipotent (All Powerful), Omniscient (All Knowing) being that he is, conveys his message in what ever language he chooses, but mostly its in the language that people he wants to send it too so that they would understand.

Legendary Otaku divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lupas View Post
    religion's always a touchy subject, everyone has differrent beliefs, but all seem 2 have 1 common thread, god's always choosing someone 2 convey it's message.
    What do you believe god's language to be?

i believe god voice and will lie within physics all laws which can't be broken are there! after all why wouldn't god tell everyone.
    I believe that there was a time when everybody spoke the language of God, but then they messed it up (ref. Tower of Babel) and God gave us all different tongues and different lands.

God speaks to people all the time, but we don't always understand. For example, one of my favourite jokes:

There was a mighty flood happening. A very righteous man prayed, "God, help me. The water is rising!"

His neighbours pounded on the door, "Come with us! We have a car! We can save you!"

The man replied, "No! I'm waiting for God."

They left. The water flooded the bottom story of his house; he retreated upstairs.

Again, the man prayed, "God, help me. The water is rising!"

A rescue team in a boat knocked on the window, "Come with us! We have a boat! We can save you!"

They left. The water flooded the second floor; he retreated to his roof.

A rescue team in a helicopter hover by, "Come with us! We have a helicopter! We can save you!"

The man drowned. When he went to Heaven, he went to God and said, "What happened?!?! I waited for you! Why didn't you save me?!"

God crossed his arms, "I sent you a car, a boat, and a helicopter! What more do you want?!"

~~~~~~~

You see, God speaks to us in more subtle ways than our patriarchal ancestors.

Otaku ILikeApples5520 is off to a good start ILikeApples5520's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by divine_punishment View Post
    I believe that there was a time when everybody spoke the language of God, but then they messed it up (ref. Tower of Babel) and God gave us all different tongues and different lands.

God speaks to people all the time, but we don't always understand. For example, one of my favourite jokes:

There was a mighty flood happening. A very righteous man prayed, "God, help me. The water is rising!"

His neighbours pounded on the door, "Come with us! We have a car! We can save you!"

They left. The water flooded the bottom story of his house; he retreated upstairs.

A rescue team in a boat knocked on the window, "Come with us! We have a boat! We can save you!"

A rescue team in a helicopter hover by, "Come with us! We have a helicopter! We can save you!"

The man drowned. When he went to Heaven, he went to God and said, "What happened?!?! I waited for you! Why didn't you save me?!"

God crossed his arms, "I sent you a car, a boat, and a helicopter! What more do you want?!"

~~~~~~~

I agree with what divine said.

God does not speak to us in any direct way, and those claiming to hear the voice of God are either mentally ill or lying, most likely the latter.

He speaks to us through His actions over the things we as humans cannot control.

But if something is under a human's control, I personnally think He lets us handle it.

Thanks to _gwenibe_ for this awesome sig!

Thanks

Thumbs up Re: The Language of GOD? (please explain why u believe this)

Quote Originally Posted by divine_punishment View Post

~~~~~~~

i've always liked that 1 it could also reflect the laws of probability which is also mathmatical. neighbors know about the flood, therefore rescue parties would be seaching 4 others, i'm guessing FEMA wasn't in charge in that senario

AND thanx 4 your input so far everyone!!!

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ILikeApples5520 View Post
    God does not speak to us in any direct way, and those claiming to hear the voice of God are either mentally ill or lying, most likely the latter.
    Nice and convenient. So you don't believe that God is Omnipotent?

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Lost in confusion Tetrix 2 v2 Champion Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy's Avatar
    In my imagination restricted by British Society!
    Thanks

With a higher being such as God, there will be many plausible ways for the Omega to talk to someone on Earth. For some christains, he can talk via the Bible and when someone reads a certain passage then some things are clear. Of course God can talk through people and give the advise they are looking for. Then last of all, he can talk through dreams or mental images that appear when ever.

You can not limit the amount of what one can do when its the main focus of a religion. Its one of the focuses that aids people with releasing one's state of mind from confusion or what have you. So for someone to say that God contacting could just be someone within them telling them things that they are thinking and are subconsciously controlling the images. Or as a Christian believes it to be the work of a third party if you will and is controlling the images at a certain time when they feel a certain presence is near.

For my own belief's God language is infamous as we can't control how we perceive things, its something that the human body does on its own that determines how one mind differs from the next. Because of this, God language is limitless. No one will react the same way so to cause a certain trigger within one's mind then the higher being will need to be able how to get through to everyone, not just a selection of people.
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    | Sazzy-Bu.co.uk | My Deviant Art | Anime Vector | Otaku Zen | My Twitter | My Tumblr | My last.fm |

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dancy_SAZ View Post
    With a higher being such as God, there will be many plausible ways for the Omega to talk to someone on Earth. For some christains, he can talk via the Bible and when someone reads a certain passage then some things are clear. Of course God can talk through people and give the advise they are looking for. Then last of all, he can talk through dreams or mental images that appear when ever.

You can not limit the amount of what one can do when its the main focus of a religion. Its one of the focuses that aids people with releasing one's state of mind from confusion or what have you. So for someone to say that God contacting could just be someone within them telling them things that they are thinking and are subconsciously controlling the images. Or as a Christian believes it to be the work of a third party if you will and is controlling the images at a certain time when they feel a certain presence is near.

For my own belief's God language is infamous as we can't control how we perceive things, its something that the human body does on its own that determines how one mind differs from the next. Because of this, God language is limitless. No one will react the same way so to cause a certain trigger within one's mind then the higher being will need to be able how to get through to everyone, not just a selection of people.
    as far as the bible goes even if god told someone else 2 write it's word wouldn't we as humans just get it wrong or at least put our own spin on it? i'm not trying 2 limit my topic 2 1 religion unless i'm misunderstanding u on that. limitless language (mathmatics all can comunicate though it)

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast