Closed Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: The Language of GOD? (please explain why u believe this)

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: The Language of GOD? (please explain why u believe this)

Quote Originally Posted by aceman67 View Post
    The way I see it, God created everything, including science.

I have all of POD's cd's, and they are a Rock/Hip-Hop band, in fact, some of their songs are reggae in nature
    I know that, but where I lived and where I live now, they only get played on rock stations. Call them what you want, say they're a mixed bunch. They're still rock in the eyes of the ignorant.

And yes, science was made by God. Man can explain things through science, but God can change the laws of science. He did write them after all. And Tsurara, don't get me wrong. Having faith is one thing, believing that this world was created by and is governed by something very unscientific is very different. I don't have faith, because I have no religion. In fact, I say God because I don't know if there's one, two, three, or if God's a woman, man. But I do respect science and I try to figure things out by using logic and fact before I chalk it up to "God".

Science is important. Science has gotten us far and without science, we'd be trying to fly close to the sun with wax wings. But that doesn't mean that we're not being watched and protected.
    Last edited by atomik_sprout; Oct 05, 2007 at 07:57 PM. Reason: Almost forgot....

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks

Was capitalizing "GOD" in the title necessary? The thread was already bound to spark debate.

God may speak in whatever language he chooses. He's all-powerful and all-knowing, he'll speak to you however he damn well pleases. Be it vocal, visual, subconscious, unconscious, ****ed up, drunk, it's his choice. The real question should be when he is talking, will you hear him? It doesn't matter what manner he chooses to speak to you, it's whether or not you'll listen. I don't even know why this is a debate. It's speculation more than anything.

丹色 月影 BrightShadow_96 may be famous one day BrightShadow_96 may be famous one day BrightShadow_96's Avatar
    Thanks

in my opinion..

The language of god is spread through everything and everyone. The language is an unmistakable echo of nature that is nearly subliminal. As if a secret code that is sent through everything until the message is received. It is a powerful language that requires a deep solemness that is mature and calm. A blow of the wind; howl at the moon; crash of the sea; falling of the rain. Even in the heavens, no words are needed. Instead, a feeling of understanding without effort. Unexplainable. Undetectable. Unreal.

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tsurara View Post
    Something tells me that anyone with a real hand for Science wouldn't believe in God in the first place...
    Then something told you wrong. Not only is nearly half of polled (2004) scientists religious the numbers are increasing among younger scientists. The question to them isn't whether science exists vs God but "how did God do it". Curiosity is a wonderful thing.

List of Christian thinkers in science

Christians in Science

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Otaku Lupas is off to a good start
    Thanks

u guys are great Then something told you wrong. Not only is nearly half of polled (2004) scientists religious the numbers are increasing among younger scientists. The question to them isn't whether science exists vs God but "how did God do it". Curiosity is a wonderful thing.

in my opinion..

The language of god is spread through everything and everyone. The language is an unmistakable echo of nature that is nearly subliminal. As if a secret code that is sent through everything until the message is received. It is a powerful language that requires a deep solemness that is mature and calm. A blow of the wind; howl at the moon; crash of the sea; falling of the rain. Even in the heavens, no words are needed. Instead, a feeling of understanding without effort. Unexplainable. Undetectable. Unreal.

Was capitalizing "GOD" in the title necessary? The thread was already bound to spark debate.

God may speak in whatever language he chooses. He's all-powerful and all-knowing, he'll speak to you however he damn well pleases. Be it vocal, visual, subconscious, unconscious, ****ed up, drunk, it's his choice. The real question should be when he is talking, will you hear him? It doesn't matter what manner he chooses to speak to you, it's whether or not you'll listen. I don't even know why this is a debate. It's speculation more than anything.

arrianna we're not questioning it's existance just the words or code that are used by it (topic!! before aceman yells at u )

brightshadow, i agree, but isn't math spread thoughout the known universe. now a code impressive thinking, are u talking binary?

dark; no it wasn't intentional, but maybe i should be asking myself y i did it . for the most part anyone who hears god's voice is usually insane. why not speak though a mouse or other creature. maybe we're the most insignifigant ones on the planet?

atomic i'll take u up on that offer, but i warn u it's not pretty
    SUFFERING!, YOU HAVEN'T SEEN ANYTHING YET!

anti-semantics Pub Quiz Champion tsurara may be famous one day tsurara may be famous one day tsurara's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Arrianna View Post
    Then something told you wrong. Not only is nearly half of polled (2004) scientists religious the numbers are increasing among younger scientists. The question to them isn't whether science exists vs God but "how did God do it". Curiosity is a wonderful thing.[/URL]
    As you haven't provided a link to the poll of which you're speaking, it's a bit difficult to tell why the numbers worked out how they did, but I'm guessing that the person or organization polling those Scientists were themselves religious if the numbers came out so skewed as to imply that I was "told wrong" and that most scientists are indeed religious.

I grew up around scientists. I have known (and do know) many. And seeing as I have never met one who was actively religious (a handful of agnostics, but no church-goers), I'm guessing that poll is not representative (or was done in the deep south with funding from The 700 Club).

I certainly know no Scientists who are fundimentalists or literally believe the words written in the bible.

I believe that Science and faith are NOT necesarily in conflict. Many Scientists may very well accept the POSSIBILITY of God's existance (as it can't be disproven) or even turn to faith in times of crisis: but very few will defend his existance scientifically or thump bibles. I'm sure there a few... but if they are so numerous, why have I never met one, in spite of having Scientists at the dinner table since I was four...?

I found some stats of my own:
    Statistics

Granted, they come from an atheist organization, so they're hardly objective. But even if you don't accept them: they at least show how easy it is to manipulate information to support your cause.

A more well-documented link:
    Leading Scientists Still Reject God

And from Wikipedia: " In total, about 60% of scientists in the United States expressed disbelief or doubt in such a god. This compared with 58% in 1914 and 67% in 1933. Among leading scientists defined as members of the National Academy of Sciences, 72.2% expressed disbelief and 93% - disbelief or doubt in the existence of a personal god in 1998." from: Relationship between religion and science - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Even those who express belief in a God (or the possibility of one) are not necesarily religious in the traditional sense. I believe in the possibility of a Judeo-Christian God myself... but I am not Christian. And according to most Christians, I'm still going to hell.

If belief in the "possibility" of a God is not enough to save my soul, why is it enough to support the cause of religion that it is somehow scientifically sound or accepted as compatable?

I, myself, am religious and had quite a few angry confrontations with my father. I don't think myself "unscientific", but I DO find fundimentalism ridiculous and literal interpretation of any scripture impossible.
    Last edited by tsurara; Oct 07, 2007 at 04:07 AM.

Otaku Lupas is off to a good start
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tsurara View Post
    As you haven't provided a link to the poll of which you're speaking, it's a bit difficult to tell why the numbers worked out how they did, but I'm guessing that the person or organization polling those Scientists were themselves religious if the numbers came out so skewed as to imply that I was "told wrong" and that most scientists are indeed religious.

I grew up around scientists. I have known (and do know) many. And seeing as I have never met one who was actively religious (a handful of agnostics, but no church-goers), I'm guessing that poll is not representative (or was done in the deep south with funding from The 700 Club).

I certainly know no Scientists who are fundimentalists or literally believe the words written in the bible.

I believe that Science and faith are NOT necesarily in conflict. Many Scientists may very well accept the POSSIBILITY of God's existance (as it can't be disproven) or even turn to faith in times of crisis: but very few will defend his existance scientifically or thump bibles. I'm sure there a few... but if they are so numerous, why have I never met one, in spite of having Scientists at the dinner table since I was four...?

I found some stats of my own:
    Statistics

Granted, they come from an atheist organization, so they're hardly objective. But even if you don't accept them: they at least show how easy it is to manipulate information to support your cause.

A more well-documented link:
    Leading Scientists Still Reject God

And from Wikipedia: " In total, about 60% of scientists in the United States expressed disbelief or doubt in such a god. This compared with 58% in 1914 and 67% in 1933. Among leading scientists defined as members of the National Academy of Sciences, 72.2% expressed disbelief and 93% - disbelief or doubt in the existence of a personal god in 1998." from: Relationship between religion and science - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Even those who express belief in a God (or the possibility of one) are not necesarily religious in the traditional sense. I believe in the possibility of a Judeo-Christian God myself... but I am not Christian. And according to most Christians, I'm still going to hell.

If belief in the "possibility" of a God is not enough to save my soul, why is it enough to support the cause of religion that it is somehow scientifically sound or accepted as compatable?

I, myself, am religious and had quite a few angry confrontations with my father. I don't think myself "unscientific", but I DO find fundimentalism ridiculous and literal interpretation of any scripture impossible.

that's all good 2 hear, but the existance of god isn't in ques. it's how it speaks 2 us. i don't believe we're sticking 2 the topic here
    thanx
    SUFFERING!, YOU HAVEN'T SEEN ANYTHING YET!

Otaku toonfan630 may be famous one day toonfan630 may be famous one day
    Thanks

*Ahem* I'm no relegious Betty but, here is what I have chosen to think since I was a child. God can't speak to us. His language is of no verbal conception. Only those that are of spiritual being can hear what He says.

I never read the Bible. But from what I've learned in church, God spoke to a few people. But no one else heard. Those people were only messengers there to tell others of what God told them.

Now, the people that God spoke to were of very spiritual perspective and they were needed to do jobs for Him. So, I only assumed if God were to speak a language everyone understood, he could have just told everyone. I think he spoke to those selected mentally as in telepathiclly.

I truly don't believe God talks at all to humans.
    "We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars." Oscar Wilde.

Leave me and my simple sig alone. I like it. ^o^

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast