Closed Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: The Language of GOD? (please explain why u believe this)

Otaku Caixa 2006 Champion Corvus may be famous one day Corvus may be famous one day Corvus's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: The Language of GOD? (please explain why u believe this)

Ok so I could read everything in the post then try to make an answer that'd make sense to everyone but that takes time and I'm really lazy like that so I think I'll just stick to the original question with my answer.
    I'm not the most relegious of people or the smartest or greatest of scientits. But even I know that emotion the things that we feel pure thought (what so many people fail to accurately express) is how I would communicate with people If I was all powerful and all seing. Things would just be alot easier that way. So I imagine that God would work much along the same lines communicating his message through spiritual emotion and true thought. If we only take the time to listen.

... and join my rebellion against time.

Newbie 0n1-suka may be famous one day 0n1-suka may be famous one day 0n1-suka's Avatar
    Thanks

I havnt bothered to read the whole thread so I have no idea if this has been mentioned before

In the old testament there's a story about a king named Babel , neways , the story goes aproximatly as fallowed , babel was a powerfull king that ruled on a great deal of land , but he wanted to be respected as a god so he ordered his subjects to make him the biggest tower ever seen , tall enough so it could reach heavens. since at the time all humans spoke the same language regardless of where you were from , king Babel had alot of subjects.

before reaching the clouds God suposovly destroyed the tower and cursed humans for tryna reach Eden , creating difrent language on earth so even if we were all humans , we couldn't communicate together.

I'm not sure what the language before Babel was . proly jewish

Edit: i found a wiki on the tower of babel , its quite interesting if you dont already know the story Link to wiki

Edit2: i read through the thread and noticed people saying that modern science kinda disproves the existence of God , I just wanted to point out that most of the major scientific breakthrough during the past 2000 years are due to the kabbalah , a 15 page doccument written by a rabbi that was visited by a fallen angel who told him to write the kabbalah.

Isak Nueton , Albert Einstein , Robert Oppenheimer (guy who created the first H-bomb) and countless other great mind were all renowned kabbalists , it is said and proven that evrything these ppl discovered was already written in the kabbalah wich is the most ancient of all wisdoms , it goes back to the time of Abram the patriarch in the 18th century BC. some 3800 years ago . Some of you will say " well how can so much knowlege be stuffed into a 15 page book barely bigger then your average magazine" ,it is said that the kabbalah was written in codes , to this day the greatest minds and scientists of our generation are still studying the kabbalah scriptures.
    Last edited by 0n1-suka; Oct 08, 2007 at 11:59 AM.
    Above heavens , below heavens . Only I exist , unique and absolute

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tsurara View Post
    As you haven't provided a link to the poll of which you're speaking, it's a bit difficult to tell why the numbers worked out how they did, but I'm guessing that the person or organization polling those Scientists were themselves religious if the numbers came out so skewed as to imply that I was "told wrong" and that most scientists are indeed religious.
    You are the one that said that the one precluded the other. Even using the numbers you found on atheist sites it still leaves 40% of the scientists who evidently disagree with you, my point after all.

I have been watching these polls (with past results between 50-60% non-religious) for a few years and the trend toward religion does not surprise me. You may not know of religious scientists (perhaps due to your families personal beliefs) but I have been reading writings by them for years and they themselves have commented on the change. The sites I gave you had links to article on just those subjects as well. I tracked down the most recent of these studies ('07) but cannot give you more then the link since a peer subscription is required. Several of the articles refer to it however so I can give you a little of their findings.

In a study of "2,198 faculty members" from "21 elite U.S. research universities" the results were:
    Disbelief in God by Academics
    Discipline %
    Physics 40.8
    Chemistry 26.6
    Biology 41.0
    Overall 37.6
    Sociology 34.0
    Economics 31.7
    Political Science 27.0
    Psychology 33.0
    Overall 31.2
    The leading factors of whether or not these scientists were religious were; how they were raised (parents beliefs), if they were married and had children (more likely to believe in God then someone shacking up), and lastly their age. Evidently when you break down the ages of the scientists the percentage of religious is higher among the newer scientists, again the increase of scientists who want to know how God did it being something I have read of in other scientific articles.

Now does it have to do with the subject? That depends on whether you believe that God communicates through nature. I don't necessarliy. I believe that there are natural laws that God knows and uses for his own purposes. The same laws that we are trying to learn ourselves. However what makes God God that he is not restricted by them, that when he commands "even the dust obeys". To me his omnipotence means that he can do anything he wants. If we want to know how he communicates you just have to read scripture. He speaks in a still small voice to our soul. He sends visions and dreams. He even appears in person to his prophets at times. To limit how he can communicate is to deny that he is God.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Leave me alone, fanboys! rematche is making a name for themselves rematche is making a name for themselves rematche's Avatar
    Thanks

i look at things in a different perspective when it comes to god. people has different version of god, the religious and the scientific. religion is why? science is how? but one can't stand alone without the other and the irony is that these two sperates each other because of insecurity. the language? the things that you see,feel,taste,hear, and smell. and even you, you got god's words written all around you.
    even if you look existance generally in logic. how can existance itself can exist without being existed in the first place? to exist, it needs a creator that can able maintain it's existance. to me that's what the language of god is.
    Last edited by rematche; Oct 09, 2007 at 03:19 AM.
    YYYEEEEAAAAAAHHHHH!!!

Otaku Lupas is off to a good start
    Thanks

one doesn't need scripture, thats only a teaching tool developed our predisessors. man wrote the bible & all other religions not god. we r all lesser beings, if we don't grow we'll face extinction math is the only way 2 find god (kidda like where's Waldo) thats why i believe it's god's language
    thanx again

hey toonfan i thought we
    SUFFERING!, YOU HAVEN'T SEEN ANYTHING YET!

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lupas View Post
    one doesn't need scripture, thats only a teaching tool developed our predisessors. man wrote the bible & all other religions not god. we r all lesser beings, if we don't grow we'll face extinction math is the only way 2 find god (kidda like where's Waldo) thats why i believe it's god's language
    thanx again

hey toonfan i thought we
    You don't actually know what the Bible is do you?

Not only is it a history it is a record of God's communications to the house of Israel and their progenitors. History & Communication. Sure you can learn from it but we take History classes in school for the same reason. Why is it the instant a historical document has religion in it all of a sudden it becomes valueless to those who don't understand it?

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Devoted Otaku Shodokan may be famous one day Shodokan may be famous one day Shodokan's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm not so sure of that list. Me and other people usually lie so we don't have to hear religious people bitch at us. One other thing there are people who go to church who don't believe in god. I'm pretty sure they would clam up about that.

Otaku Lupas is off to a good start
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Arrianna View Post
    You don't actually know what the Bible is do you?

Not only is it a history it is a record of God's communications to the house of Israel and their progenitors. History & Communication. Sure you can learn from it but we take History classes in school for the same reason. Why is it the instant a historical document has religion in it all of a sudden it becomes valueless to those who don't understand it?
    the bible was writen by men it includes old & new testiments, as well as the book of revelations. if jesus was the biological son of god, WOULDN'T HE WRITE THE DAMN THING HIM SELF! i'm quite sure he'd be smart enough. the classes u take in school incompass history W/ forensic evidence; do u dismiss the existance of dinosaurs, if not why aren't they in the history of god? cave paintings of prehistoric man? (sorry asking if u r dismissing those as well?) your bible(s) (i'm including all other religions here) don't clarify anything it's all left to interprutation, and we're going to let someone who molests childeren, cheats on their spouse w/ hookers, or flys jet into buildings packed w/ ppl, tell us how to worship !
    ALL OF THIS HAS NOTHING 2 DO W/ THIS THEARD!!!

THE LANGUAGE OF god? (yes dark this was on purpose)
    SUFFERING!, YOU HAVEN'T SEEN ANYTHING YET!

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast