+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Last Prince Of Camelot Laid To Rest.

Banned beast may be famous one day beast may be famous one day beast's Avatar
    Thanks

The Last Prince Of Camelot Laid To Rest.

The last of the original "Kennedy Boys" is dead. Ed kennedy was laid to rest at the age of 77 years, fifty of which were serving in the senate. There was a lot of scandal about Kennedy, and he had to bury five of his siblings. In the end though he came from wealth one way or another he paid for everything. It is sad to see him go, the Kennedy family was so influencial in America, and even now coming down on Obamas side you could he is partly responsible for getting Obama the Democratic party nomination. May he rest in peace. What are your thoughts.

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: The Last Prince Of Camelot Laid To Rest.

There's only two simple sides to it: Either He was the reason, or he wasn't, and I personally don't think its either. He would have endorsed who ever was on the ticket, since he was a Democrat. The US citizenry needed something different what the republican government had been doing, and was offering to do if they gotten elected. And they got that in Obama.

Regardless of who actually got the Democratic nomination, the Republicans had no hope of getting into office. Bush screwed the pooch constantly for 8 years and the country were sick of it. The landslide victory for the Presidential electoral college, and a majority in Congress should stand testament to that.

and before you all start going "Obama isn't keeping his promises" and all that jazz, let me remind you of a very simple fact: Getting elected and Doing the job are two COMPLETELY different things

Thanks

You are correct Aceman67 but what I meant was that him backing Obama really threw a lot of wait behind him, enough to beat Hilary for the endorsement of the Democratic party.

Zev
    SuperModZilla Zev is making a name for themselves Zev is making a name for themselves Zev's Avatar
    Thanks

I just want to say, that I would have so totally backed Hilliary and voted for my girl if she would have made it. I think she would have been an awesome president, better than all these men at least. ^_^

I don't believe that the Kennedy's had much to do with Obama's election into office. If they hadn't had been a famous rich family, and if my history teacher didn't love to talk about them. I would be like who are the Kennedy's? I hate to agree with Aceman, but the Republicans had no hope for getting office because Bush ruined the economy.

Signature is a Gwenibe original.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zev View Post
    I just want to say, that I would have so totally backed Hilliary and voted for my girl if she would have made it. I think she would have been an awesome president, better than all these men at least. ^_^
    Yeah I am going to have to agree to disagree on this one. Her husband, was a great man. But Hilliary, no.

Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Thanks

I never really cared for the Kennedys to be honest even when I use to be a Dem, only JFK do I actually like and respect, all the others were, well, rather inscrupulous people. This all based on their actions and not so much because they were born with a silver spoon in their mouth. Ted Kennedy has screwed people over many times as well and have completely out blatantly told lies about certain people in congress and other heads in Gov. to simply smear them, all of what he said about them on the senate floor where one can not be sued for what is said and that’s why many of the things he did say which were completely wrong he did not get in trouble for. Which is why many people, Dem and Rep actually dislike the guy.
    You also got to love the hypocrisy of the Dem party as it was talked about last year of what would happen to Ted Kennedy do to his failing health and one of them were that his death might be used by the Dem party for making him a marter for the free health care. And if I recall many people were pissed and insulted that any one would insinuate that to happen, but guess what, they are making him a marter and using his passing as a political tool to further their agendas.
    Now I may have not liked the guy, but to use some ones death as a political tool is just disgusting and vile. Let him rest in peace for Christ sake.

Oh, and aceman, Obama is far worse then Bush was in every way possible. I love how people accuse Bush of getting us in a huge deat in his two turms in office, but ever sense Obama got in he has nearly trippled it in less then a few months where it took Bush 8 years. Not to mention Bush, even at the lowest point in office had a higher approvel raiting then Obama has. So stop playing the "BLAIM BUSH" card, its old, its stupid, and it shows ignorance.
    But thats for another discution.

I wont say that the Kennedy's backing Obama was the key reason as to why he wone the election but it was most defenetly a big boost which did help him beat Hillery.
    Last edited by Scourge; Aug 28, 2009 at 03:45 PM.
    "MY DEAR... I GIVE YOU THE CAPELLAN CONFEDERATION"
    AND THUS THE WAR WAS STARTED NOT BY GUN SHOT BUT BY WEDDING BELLS

Thanks

Scourge did you mean inscrupulous. Because remember the Kennedy family was not scandal free and old man Kennedy, Joseph got all his fortune by ill repute.

Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by beast View Post
    Scourge did you mean inscrupulous. Because remember the Kennedy family was not scandal free and old man Kennedy, Joseph got all his fortune by ill repute.
    Yes, that is what I meant... Typed to fast and did not catch it. The Kennedy family, expecialy guys had many of scandals against them, and a few of them were real *expletive deleted* as well.
    Last edited by aceman67; Aug 27, 2009 at 04:30 PM.
    "MY DEAR... I GIVE YOU THE CAPELLAN CONFEDERATION"
    AND THUS THE WAR WAS STARTED NOT BY GUN SHOT BUT BY WEDDING BELLS

+ Reply to Thread