+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Lazy Typing

Otaku Dune Bashing In Dubai Champion, Yetisports 10 - Icicle Climb Champion, Yeti Bubbles Champion overload is off to a good start overload's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Lazy Typing

Quote Originally Posted by Sazzy View Post
    Yes, that is what we hope for members to do. That is why there is a character limit after all. Which I think has helped the quality of the posts here on AO but it still bewilders me to see people who ignore the vowels within words. I know that its easier to type with just the continents but that doesn't mean its correct grammar and spelling.

It does make me wonder if text typing should be banned, I mean it must not be helping one pass an English exam on grammar and spelling.
    that is correct, ban that unreadable rubbish please.
    but you should think about putting a rule saying that text typing is not allowed.
    oh and you spelled consonants wrong.

Lost in confusion Tetrix 2 v2 Champion Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy's Avatar
    In my imagination restricted by British Society!
    Thanks

thank you, I think I might be dyslexic or something but oh well. I might mention it to staff members to see what their opinion is on the matter. But I would to see more members posting about this first, get a range of views first.
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    | Sazzy-Bu.co.uk | My Deviant Art | Anime Vector | Otaku Zen | My Twitter | My Tumblr | My last.fm |

Devoted Otaku bratling may be famous one day bratling's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't personally like to think, or add spelling to this thing. Because I can't spell. But I DO NOT use internet or text speak when I am typing to someone online. I leave it for the texting, and only then if I'm REALLY lazy or in a hurry. But generally speaking I type in whole words, whole sentences, and correct grammar. I can't stand it when people don't. It takes a whole three seconds to type the three more letters it takes to type the whole word for gods sakes. We as a society are far too in a hurry for our own good. But that's just my opinion.

You never really loved me/You never really cared/It was all just a game to boost your ego/Those feelings never really there/ I'm filing emotional bankruptcy/My heart can take no more debt/Theres no more "money" there to spend. === Besides tee hee SHE loves me!

Horror movies rule Graveyard Champion Familyguyfan2 may be famous one day Familyguyfan2 may be famous one day Familyguyfan2's Avatar
    Thanks

Who cares? This is a forum not English class. I can type real words,but its just faster to cut words short. On the internet it doesn't matter especially if your chatting with a friend.

Messenger of Despair Hive Hero Champion dark angel swordsman may be famous one day dark angel swordsman may be famous one day dark angel swordsman's Avatar
    Thanks

Well as said in one of my classes [Which ironically is a typing class] it said that people make impressions of others through the way they type and sit. Although we can't actually see them sit *coughstalkerscough* if you type like crap it either means you're in a rush or you want people to get a bad impression of you. I'd say that people who are too lazy to correct their mistakes are kinda not too good. It doesn't take that long.
    http://www.animeonline.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=7987&dateline=1181515  689
    I won't let this world exist without me! If I die, we all die! / Avatar & Signature by anime_8000.

Horror movies rule Graveyard Champion Familyguyfan2 may be famous one day Familyguyfan2 may be famous one day Familyguyfan2's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm actually getting faster at typing. I used to just peck around. I use the keyboard & barely look down at the letters. I usually just type a whole word. I don't like to type things like this:ROTFLMAOAY(Rolling on the floor laughing my ass off at you). I whether write it out and I never use that one. I use lol & lmao the most.

Lost In My Own World Fishing the Sea Champion, LastTank Standing Champion Ky-lyrra may be famous one day Ky-lyrra may be famous one day Ky-lyrra's Avatar
    Thanks

Normally for me I do not use short cuts for words. It aggravates me if I can not spell something it actually makes me grab a dictionary or look it up. I have to say that my husband is horrible at grammar and spelling. I'm constantly correcting him and I feel horrible for doing so. If I reply to something online and I copy their post to reply to it I will correct their mistakes. If I see something misplaced or misspelled on a website I normally go to the person who wrote it and let them know. I try to do it in pms so that way I don't feel like I'm pointing someone out.

Yes grammar is a major part of society. If someone can't understand you then they might think you are talking about something else and it get all messed up. Typing to someone online is almost the same as talking to them in person. If they see you talking incorrectly and childish that is probably what they are going to think about you. Who you say you are online effects what people think of you personally. Say I started talking in baby talk...you would think that I'm a childish 18 year old that doesn't know the difference between a intelligent conversation and spam. I know you would not want to bring me into a conversation where you need an opinion on right? I don't think we should go as far as giving infractions as I have seen someone say. Maybe a warning. You also have to realize that some bosses go online and see what you do...I'm not sure how they do that yet but they do. In some cases it could be the difference between keeping a job/getting one or losing it/getting turned down. If you have a problem with grammar then get Fire Fox. From personal experience with using it. I can see a difference that it has made on my grammar. Just by it letting me know something is spelled wrong. So don't be so lazy in your typing take some time and put thought in it.
    ™Mommy To Micah And Shawn!™

Thanks For The Amazing Tag Pyro!

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Familyguyfan2 View Post
    Who cares? This is a forum not English class. I can type real words,but its just faster to cut words short. On the internet it doesn't matter especially if your chatting with a friend.
    You fail to understand that when you let yourself look ignorant, others will percieve you that way. At least that's my issue with lazy typing. I don't even waste my time with text-typists.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast