+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Lazy Typing

??* Judge and Executioner ??* White Van Man Champion, Home Run Derby Champion, Mahjongg sport Champion, Jewel Champion, The Asteroids Champion koga23 may be famous one day koga23 may be famous one day koga23's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Lazy Typing

I used to do it some what when i started here a while back.But i grew out of it and started to make legible posts and spelling correctly.But form time to time still ill make some spelling mistakes, but i correct them promptly when i see them.

As why would others do it, maybe there just lazy to spell out a word correctly.Or that there just so used to doing it that from using IMs/texting that it just carrys over to wighting papers or posting on forums.I don't think it all has to do with the education system, it might for the most part but not all.Most of it might have to do with the kids not bothering to spell right or the lack of emphasis to have some one to spell right and use proper grammar.
    ....Player Killer....
    ??* "There is nothing to fear but F.E.A.R. it self -(F.E.A.R) " ??*

Horror movies rule Graveyard Champion Familyguyfan2 may be famous one day Familyguyfan2 may be famous one day Familyguyfan2's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by atomik_sprout View Post
    You fail to understand that when you let yourself look ignorant, others will percieve you that way. At least that's my issue with lazy typing. I don't even waste my time with text-typists.
    Ok...It was just an opinion. I wasn't trying to make anybody mad. I text people so I type somethings short.

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

well, i agree that how you type gives people ideas about who you are... so if you type like an ignorant jerk, you'll be perceived as one.

as for me, i type "proper" English, i just have trouble spelling some words. even in text messaging i try to type coherently. but i'm just an old lady!

Banned Rave_Grip may be famous one day Rave_Grip may be famous one day Rave_Grip's Avatar
    Thanks

I only use text typing when I'm in an urgent situation, like having my dad check up on me x3

Besides that, I hate to see some, dare I say it, retards who type
    "Go make a sammich :3"
    "WTF?ROTFLMAOAYFS" What the eff? Rolling on the floor laughing my ass off at your effing situation.

You know, the stuff which is on Welcome to Gaia Online stinks, literally ... so don't bring it here, please.

I mean look at Hassun, Sazzy, Dragon Ball, Kedar, Legend, Pyoro_psycho, Tsurara ... and all the mature posters, like me!
    They type such good English, and it's also enlightening to read their posts, you learn new words and phrases.

So please, if you have some dignity, type properly.

Otaku Zeikku Shadow is off to a good start Zeikku Shadow's Avatar
    Where the frozen tears from the heavens paint everything white.
    Thanks

All I know is that it drives me crazy when I have to sit here trying to figure out what someone is saying.

What makes it even more difficult is the fact that so many of us are from other countries. Sometime I check out their profile page, so I can see if they have where they are from. I sit here wondering if the word(s) I am stuck on are foreign words, or just, or just some new mish-mash of a word I do know.

Even worse when someone PM's me, and I still can't figure out what they are saying. There have been several times where I have had to bite the bullet, and ask what the word is. More than once I have corrected their "word" in the quote, yet they miss it and continue to do it.

Texting has to be the biggest mistake ever made. What people can't verbalize on a phone anymore? Please don't give the schpeel about sometime you are somewhere where you can't really talk. Guess what, if you can't talk I'm guessing you shouldn't be texting either.

Don't even get me started on when they talk in text. ARRRRRGH!!!!!!! *pounds head on wall*

Now I have some words, silly words that I made up that I use every now and again. I've done it since childhood. I used to tell made up stories on the spot, and some of the words are form those stories. Others are from stories I've written. Some I just made up. I don't even realize I've said an odd word sometimes until someone says something.

However, the whole talking in text makes me want to smack somebody. It drives me crazy when I know they're talking the same language as me, but I can't understand a word they say!

Banned Rave_Grip may be famous one day Rave_Grip may be famous one day Rave_Grip's Avatar
    Thanks

Hey, so what if they're from other countries, instead of blaming or anything, I'd rather help them out ^_^

And also, I strongly disagree with the post where someone said that we should give infration to the people wo can't type properly.
    Just give them a warning. It's not like it's hard to get infractions here anyway ...

Horror movies rule Graveyard Champion Familyguyfan2 may be famous one day Familyguyfan2 may be famous one day Familyguyfan2's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rave_Grip View Post
    Hey, so what if they're from other countries, instead of blaming or anything, I'd rather help them out ^_^

And also, I strongly disagree with the post where someone said that we should give infration to the people wo can't type properly.
    Just give them a warning. It's not like it's hard to get infractions here anyway ...
    I agree with u. Yeah, that's not serious enough to get an infraction for.

Jigoku Shoujo Dangerous Dave Part 1 : Mole Surfing Champion Descended From Darkness may be famous one day Descended From Darkness may be famous one day Descended From Darkness's Avatar
    Thanks

I had a friend who sometimes didn't use proper grammar and poor spelling. She got a lot of criticism from people at an old board I frequented on. I think maybe she didn't learn proper English or couldn't help it or whatever...I don't remember the reason all that clearly..

But I use proper grammar all the time. I'll use chat talk sometimes like "lol, btw, wtf, etc" when I feel like it. But I usually spell out words. Sometimes I won't be able to spell words and I never really bothered opening Word because everytime I opened Word until a week ago maybe even a couple days ago, Windows Installer would always pop up for some odd reason...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast