+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7

Thread: Lazy Typing

Banned CTD High Jump Champion, Cop-For-This Champion, Soap Bubble Champion, Gandys Quest Champion, Kill Time in Your Office Champion, Slow Motion Champion, Moodys Magical Eye Champion, The Fridge Champion, Dangerous Fishing Champion, Panda Golf 2: Christmas Edition Champion, Driving Mad Champion, Head to Head Champion, Super Headers Champion, Penguin Arcade Champion, Chopper Challenge Champion, Air Dodge Champion, Chopper Chase Champion, F/A-18 Hornet Champion, Snow Boarding Champion, Spaceman Bob`s Great Escape Champion, Space Cowboy Champion, Rons Free Fall Champion, Gandys Quest Champion, Black Dragon Champion, Samegame and Champion, Mayan Mask Champion, 42 Games Champion, Cubedelic Champion, Smaugs Schatkist Champion, Python Champion, Thor Towers Champion Mini Dev is off to a good start
    Thanks

Re: Lazy Typing

Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    I think maybe you miss understood me. I agree that txt. is an eyesore and that people should learn to express themselves outside of its juvenile bounds. Maybe I misunderstood the entire thing because I thought that it was applying to grammar in general.

i guess we were both wrong, we missuderstood ourselves.

Otaku Caixa 2006 Champion Corvus may be famous one day Corvus may be famous one day Corvus's Avatar
    Thanks

I'll agree to that. I have nothing further to discuss on the current topic. I think we've both made our views known ( I just feel sorry for the people who do limit themselves to text language)

... and join my rebellion against time.

Golden Crypt Lord James Bunny Champion, Leaf Bouncer Champion, Flying Pengus Champion, Jungle Jumble Champion, Hungry Hippaul Champion LichGRIFFIN may be famous one day LichGRIFFIN's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    I'll agree to that. I have nothing further to discuss on the current topic. I think we've both made our views known ( I just feel sorry for the people who do limit themselves to text language)

no need to as i see no point in that .. i mean i write this way because i do so .. not everyone here has English language as his/her original language but as a learned one ...
    Life and Death are always one and the same
    EVEN IF A RAINBOW IS BROKEN THERE'S STILL THE SKY

abc
    Newbie abc is off to a good start abc's Avatar
    Thanks

In a sense, writing in a shorter version of a certain word maybe a form of lazy typing, as you may call it, but think of it this way, its the younger generation's version of Internet shorthand writing. Or maybe they see it as a waste of time typing out the whole word so you just type a shortened version, with a letter that sound like the original letters you use to spell the word correctly.
    Then there is sometimes the classic case of people not being able to spell a certain word properly.Ther's definately a solution to that no matter how old you are. Join the library, read more books, many as you can the more words you see, the better your vocabulary would become.

Lost in confusion Tetrix 2 v2 Champion Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy's Avatar
    In my imagination restricted by British Society!
    Thanks

I agree that joining the library will help increase your vocabulary but not many people have the motivation to go out and get books. The internet is probably one of the most used sources for information. Thus, if people really want to learn, they don't go out and read books, they connect to the web as its more accessible.

This is the main point I suppose. The more people try to increase the usage of proper spelling on forums, then that itself with help with their knowledge of vocabulary. Here on Anime Online with 11,720 members, the more people use the correct grammar and spelling the more it help others.

My personal reason for writing in continuous prose and try to use correct spelling is to help myself learn more. I tried my best at school to learn how to spell properly, the correct usage of symbols, which I know I haven't improved much but that is because I have mostly taught myself how to do so.
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    | Sazzy-Bu.co.uk | My Deviant Art | Anime Vector | Otaku Zen | My Twitter | My Tumblr | My last.fm |

Otaku Muffin is off to a good start
    Thanks

I just HATE lazy typing. The whole point of writing is to exchange information in a way that should be readable by people who can speak the same language. I shouldn't have to try and decipher a simple post because words have been shortened to the phonetic spelling and letters have been replaced by numbers.

Obviously a little punctuation goes a long way like your basic Fullstops and Commas, but even that seems like a waste of 1 second of their life.

I find foreign people type better English/American than others who use it as their Mother tongue and for that I congragulate them on learning such a complicated language. I speak English; well, Aberdonian Slang English; and still have a few words I can't spell without thinking about it with it's constant silent letters.

Scottish on the other hand, is pretty simple and mostly phonetic. Unless you come across 'ach', which I cannot even begin to explain how to pronounce. Then you have words like: Tcheuchter
    Baldrick, you wouldn't see a subtle plan if it painted itself purple and danced naked on top of a Harpsichord sining "Subtle plans are here again!"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7