+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Legalization of Marijuana

Newbie Japanfan9 may be famous one day Japanfan9 may be famous one day Japanfan9's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Legalization of Marijuana

drugs are a deciecion that you take and all the laws are tryin 2 do is show you the path to the right way

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble
    Quote Originally Posted by silverskater145 View Post
    Just to provide a little information on the topic... If my sources are correct (and I'll re-check to make sure it's what I saw), marijuana is now legal in the state of Nevada.
    This is no different then the use of 'Medical Marijuana' in the state of California. Just because a city/county/state declares the substance is legal to use, it still doesn't over-ride the Federal laws, or the resulting felony convictions for breaking Federal laws...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

I personally support the legalization of Pot, not because I'm a pot head, but because Trying to enforce the law is a waste of tax payers money.

There're two lines from a System of a Down song (Entitled "Prison Song") that I really like:

"Minor Drug Offenders Fill your prisons, you don't even flinch"
    All research and successful drug policy show
    That treatment should be increased,
    And law enforcement decreased,
    While abolishing mandatory minimum sentences.
    more then likely, over 70% of drug offenders in prison right now are for violating pot laws. Think of all the money that could be saved that could go to Education, healthcare, and the environment, and generally reducing taxes.

On another side note, if you're a Canadian Citizen, of Voting age, and you support the legalization of Marijuana, vote for the [Marijuana Party of Canada – Parti Marijuana du Canada] (yes, this is a Legit party, they almost got a seat in the parliment a few years back for some small riding in Qubec).

Well over 33,000 canadians voted for the Marijuana party in the 2004 federal election (Don't know how many were in 2006, the data hasn't been posted on their website yet), which is a staggering number, concidering only 13.5 million (of canada's 30+ million people) voted that election.

With the exception of the last federal election (For which I voted liberal), I have voted for that party since I turned 18.

Nisou Tenshi Hot Shots Champion, Elroy Learns To Fly Champion, Daves Castle Hunt Champion, Mom-Jongg! Champion, Uncle Sam Champion Priestess Angel may be famous one day Priestess Angel may be famous one day Priestess Angel's Avatar
    Thanks

The collected data on Marijuana isn't as extensive as it is for alcohol and tobacco because Marijuana is still an illegal product, so there is no financial incentive for the medical community to do extensive long term survey studies...
    You have a good point there, Len, and I think they should increase their research on Marijuana and it's effects. Especially since there has been so much debate on the issue of legalizing it. I still think legalization is probably the better way to go. Like for instance:

• People have a basic right to make choices for themselves as long as their actions do not harm others

Responsible individuals in a free society should be allowed to choose whether or not they use marijuana. Individual liberty is a fundamental value.

• The government is wasting their time and money by prohibiting marijuana use

Taxpayers are forced to pay billions of dollars to persecute, prosecute, and incarcerate people for having marijuana. If marijuana were legal and regulated (like alcohol and tobacco) this money, plus tax revenues from marijuana sales, could be used for other purposes (as aceman said) such as education and health care.

• Prohibition is not an effective solution to the problems associated with marijuana use.

Marijuana, like tobacco and alcohol, can be abused. But prohibition is expensive and ineffective; education and regulation are better solutions. Regulating sales of marijuana and teaching people the truth about its health effects will allow us to minimize the harms and costs to society.

• We have learned a lesson from history.

Alcohol prohibition did not work, and there is no logical reason to believe that marijuana prohibition is a better idea.

Legendary Otaku Violent may be famous one day Violent may be famous one day Violent's Avatar
    Thanks

I would love to see marijuana get legalized so I don't have to be so secretive but they have been trying to do this for quite some time so I expect it to be legal in the next 20 years :/ I hope.

THE RULES!

I'm on my grind in search to find whats on my mind, its one of a kind!

S.E.L - sexy etna lover Baal may be famous one day Baal may be famous one day Baal's Avatar
    Thanks

Are u mad mon
    No i don't think it should be legal to do it beacuse it might be turn all people ina viaje and all tipe of drug is bad even some of medicaments are bad for some people but not most of em

perdoname michelle!

Legendary Otaku Violent may be famous one day Violent may be famous one day Violent's Avatar
    Thanks

Baal your such a weed hater sigh... weed is the most safest drug out there that you can't OD on alcohol is more dangerous than weed, its just very addictive is all.

THE RULES!

I'm on my grind in search to find whats on my mind, its one of a kind!

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble
    Quote Originally Posted by Violent View Post
    Baal your such a weed hater sigh... weed is the most safest drug out there that you can't OD on alcohol is more dangerous than weed, its just very addictive is all.
    It sounds like you didn't look at the National Institute of Health weblink posted earlier...
    InfoFacts - Marijuana: National Institute on Drug Abuse

Or could this be the reason???
    A study of 129 college students found that, among those who smoked the drug at least 27 of the 30 days prior to being surveyed, critical skills related to attention, memory, and learning were significantly impaired, even after the students had not taken the drug for at least 24 hours20. These "heavy" marijuana abusers had more trouble sustaining and shifting their attention and in registering, organizing, and using information than did the study participants who had abused marijuana no more than 3 of the previous 30 days. As a result, someone who smokes marijuana every day may be functioning at a reduced intellectual level all of the time.
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 12 ... LastLast