+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Legalization of Marijuana

Thanks for the memories princesslady may be famous one day princesslady may be famous one day princesslady's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Legalization of Marijuana

i bet if they had a chance to legalize it they would. one, it would mean major money for the government. many people are willing to go out there way to get a ounce of pot. but yet it can kill them. but my whole thng is, if they are letting ciggerettes be legal then pot should be. they both can kill and both haver the same drugs in each of them. except pot is a hilliuciante drug but yet people do it anyway.
    si if ciggerettes are legal so can pot.

Born to rule, raised to lead, taught to establish: The African Queen

Legendary Otaku Violent may be famous one day Violent may be famous one day Violent's Avatar
    Thanks

No marijuana is much stronger than cigarettes by far and they make the dopamine in your brain released which is why it is a drug because it stimulates your brain to make you happy ;/

THE RULES!

I'm on my grind in search to find whats on my mind, its one of a kind!

Thanks for the memories princesslady may be famous one day princesslady may be famous one day princesslady's Avatar
    Thanks

it is stronger but has the same cancer causing chemicals as in a ciggertee. and yea i know. thats why i said marijuana is a illiucinate. it is stronger but like i said, if ciggerettes is legal then so should pot. anyway, the gov wouldnt care. it means more money for them

Legendary Otaku Violent may be famous one day Violent may be famous one day Violent's Avatar
    Thanks

Like I said cigarettes are legal because they don't cause a stimulation of the brain like drugs do all it does is makes life expectancy shorter than it should be marijuana does causes a faster cancer, stimulates your brain, is very addictive, etc. Its nothing like a regular cigarette.

THE RULES!

Thanks

actually yea it is. ciggerettes can be just as addictive as pot. nicotine is just as addictive violent. and yes pot is a stimulent but who says smoking can calm your nerves and make you reach your own high?

Thanks

Like I said people that can't get happy fast will usually end up smoking marijuana because it releases the chemical in your brain called dopamine that makes you happy, thats why marijuana has become illegal because people smoke it so much its like they depend on pot just to become happy, cigarettes don't do this... they just make some stress go away.

THE RULES!

Nisou Tenshi Hot Shots Champion, Elroy Learns To Fly Champion, Daves Castle Hunt Champion, Mom-Jongg! Champion, Uncle Sam Champion Priestess Angel may be famous one day Priestess Angel may be famous one day Priestess Angel's Avatar
    Thanks

I think I will add another point about the effects we will have if we legalize marijuana. From reading the article that Len posted (which I thank you again for because I would rather know then not know) it is obvious that marijuana is more dangerous than tobacco smoking. Well, think about the effects of marijuana on our society today with the drug being illegalized. If you are a student in school whether you are on it or not, you know the people who are on it. Do these individuals ever get caught and sent to jail? Maybe a few, but not likely.

Now with this said, you might be thinking that if it is this bad with it being illegalized then I would hate to see what will happen once it is legalized. Well, most likely it wouldn’t be that bad. In fact, after a few years I would bet that the users of marijuana would decrease dramatically.

Here’s my reasoning. Look back at when alcohol was prohibited from the public. The alcohol use increased tremendously and many crime lords such as Al Capone were born; in the process many innocent lives were taken because of the gangs that were created indirectly from the prohibition of alcohol. Now, since it has been legalized and the effects of alcohol have been put out there for the public, there are not as many alcoholics anymore or at least not where I’m from.

Same situation with tobacco, since it is legalized and in schools we are shown the short and long term effects of the drugs there are not nearly as many abusers of tobacco smoke. Most people that are or have been addicted to tobacco are older people when the effects of tobacco were not known at the time.

I say that we legalize marijuana and just as we do in schools for tobacco and alcohol tell the effects of marijuana. Also, put an age regulation on the drug (like you have to be 21 to smoke it). Then you can almost guarantee that the smoking of marijuana would decrease.

I will say this, though. I think that the medical legalization should wait. If we are going to use marijuana for medical uses then we need to know what will nullify the addiction so when doctors use it for treatment for anorexia patients or such and they become addicted then they can give them that nullifying agent.

although im positive we have a thread like this(taurusdemon started it i think)
    Yes, there was a thread like this once but I believe it is dead now.
    Last edited by Priestess Angel; Oct 28, 2006 at 01:59 PM.

Thanks

Actually, marijuana has never been found to be the direct cause of a death.
    This is why people are trying to legalize pot because it has never killed anyone yet. Even if marijuana is stronger than cigarettes its a life choice and people should be able to choose.

THE RULES!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast