+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Legalization of Marijuana

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Legalization of Marijuana

Quote Originally Posted by Violent View Post
    People die more from eating fast food than smoking pot and getting cancer I promise you that. So why is marijuana more dangerous?
    Because something doesn't have to kill you to be dangerous.

I had a friend in High School who Od'ed on marijuana one weekend. The only thing scarier then what happened to her was the fact that she was so psychologically addicted to the stuff that she shrugged it off as something that "happens" and kept doing it.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Legendary Otaku Violent may be famous one day Violent may be famous one day Violent's Avatar
    Thanks

Arrianna you cannot od on marijuana lol... that has been proven, she was just probably so addicted to that high that she want to surpass it.

THE RULES!

I'm on my grind in search to find whats on my mind, its one of a kind!

Newbie demonic_anger may be famous one day demonic_anger may be famous one day demonic_anger's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrianna View Post
    Because something doesn't have to kill you to be dangerous.

I had a friend in High School who Od'ed on marijuana one weekend. The only thing scarier then what happened to her was the fact that she was so psychologically addicted to the stuff that she shrugged it off as something that "happens" and kept doing it.
    i dont mean to say any thing offensive tword your friend but i have cancer and i have gone throw plenty of pain and been on plenty of pain drugs and marijuana is god compaired to tylenol

Arrianna you cannot od on marijuana lol... that has been proven, she was just probably so addicted to that high that she want to surpass it.
    even if she didnt od on marijuana you dont have to laugh at her
    Last edited by LenMiyata; Oct 29, 2006 at 06:55 PM.

Bored college student fayt lingod may be famous one day fayt lingod may be famous one day fayt lingod's Avatar
    Thanks

sorry for you then demonic_anger. marajuana is like he said, not as dangerous as fast food.

you CAN"T od on it.
    "addiction" doesn't exist in my book unless it is chemically induced. something marajuana doesn't do.
    if your friend "OD'd" and is "addicted" she is both weak willed and weak stomached. i do not mean this to be offensive in any way arriana.

thanks to zyta for the sick sig and avy!

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Yep, I knew I was going to get that reaction. You just repeated an urban myth. The fact is you can and it's really nasty. The difference is when you OD on Marijuana it doesn't kill you. Instead you become psycotic while hallucinating. It's rare but it does happen. As I said, something doesn't have to kill you to be dangerous. My friend spent two days under restraint in a hospitol from Od'ing and yes, all she had had was marijuana and lots of it.

As for marijuana not being addictive that is another myth and is only true in the physical sense. It is listed as extreamly psychologically addicting however. You don't have to have a physical craving for something to have become 'dependant' on it, to become addicted.

o·ver·dose
    n.

An excessive dose, especially of a narcotic.

ad·dict
    tr.v. ad·dict·ed, ad·dict·ing, ad·dicts

1. To cause to become physiologically or psychologically dependent on a habit-forming substance:

The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
    Copyright © 2000 by Houghton Mifflin Company.
    Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.

PS. I'm not offended by the reaction, I expected it. Marijuana is probably one of the worst understood drugs and the most used unfortunately. IMO people who insist it's harmless should be slapped.

Bored college student fayt lingod may be famous one day fayt lingod may be famous one day fayt lingod's Avatar
    Thanks

your definition of adicted leaves your friend being weak of will. that proves my previous point that drugs are a weakness and a choice of escape. the only exception being for medical reasons such as cancer or the like.

thanks to zyta for the sick sig and avy!

Newbie demonic_anger may be famous one day demonic_anger may be famous one day demonic_anger's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Arrianna View Post
    Yep, I knew I was going to get that reaction. You just repeated an urban myth. The fact is you can and it's really nasty. The difference is when you OD on Marijuana it doesn't kill you. Instead you become psycotic while hallucinating. It's rare but it does happen. As I said, something doesn't have to kill you to be dangerous. My friend spent two days under restraint in a hospitol from Od'ing and yes, all she had had was marijuana and lots of it.

As for marijuana not being addictive that is another myth and is only true in the physical sense. It is listed as extreamly psychologically addicting however. You don't have to have a physical craving for something to have become 'dependant' on it, to become addicted.

o·ver·dose
    n.

An excessive dose, especially of a narcotic.

ad·dict
    tr.v. ad·dict·ed, ad·dict·ing, ad·dicts

1. To cause to become physiologically or psychologically dependent on a habit-forming substance:

The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
    Copyright © 2000 by Houghton Mifflin Company.
    Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.

PS. I'm not offended by the reaction, I expected it. Marijuana is probably one of the worst understood drugs and the most used unfortunately. IMO people who insist it's harmless should be slapped.
    im not saying that marijuana is harmless and i feel bad for your friend but the fact of the matter is we all know that marijuana would be legalized in the blink of an eye ecept for the fact that the government cant make any damn money off it in taxes

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by demonic_anger View Post
    im not saying that marijuana is harmless and i feel bad for your friend but the fact of the matter is we all know that marijuana would be legalized in the blink of an eye ecept for the fact that the government cant make any damn money off it in taxes
    For medical purposes such as your cancer, definatly, in a non-smoked form. However a drug does not have to be legalized to be made into a medical drug. Last I checked morphine wasn't legal either yet they gave it to me when I had my wisdom teeth out.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast