+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 4 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Life on Other Planets

Nisou Tenshi Hot Shots Champion, Elroy Learns To Fly Champion, Daves Castle Hunt Champion, Mom-Jongg! Champion, Uncle Sam Champion Priestess Angel may be famous one day Priestess Angel may be famous one day Priestess Angel's Avatar
    Thanks

Life on Other Planets

Hello everyone! The question is simple. Do you believe or not believe that there is life on other planets and why?

As for me, I do believe that there is life on other planets. Our universe is unimaginably huge. Considering this fact, it is really hard for me to believe that there is no other form of life other than us. Not to mention, the number of UFO sightings that have been recorded all over the world.

So what about you guys? Do you agree with me? Or do you think that a planet like earth is a chance in a million and there is no way life exists anywhere else? Or something along those lines.

Fish Fingers & Custard Ice Hockey Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Mini Putt 3 Champion, Ant Tracks Champion, Jungle Hunt Champion, Madnetics Champion, Manole Champion, Blokken Champion, Fast Food Fiasco Champion, Shapes Hifters Champion, Mud and Blood: Vietnam Champion HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice's Avatar
    someplace where the only light is the moon above
    Thanks

Re: Life on Other Planets

well there send ing a probe to one of jupiters
    moons that is iced over with water under ,
    that tells me that expect to find life and i
    think that its a good chance that there right plus i belive there
    are life form on other planets from the planets they have found so far.

that have harsh or lethal enviroments
    but we have those things here on our planet that have
    organisms living in them that are almost lethal for us
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and all your demons
    I'll be the one to protect you from a will to survive and a voice of reason
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and your choices son
    They're one in the same, I must isolate you...
    Isolate and save you from yourself

Otaku Aleister Sithis is off to a good start Aleister Sithis's Avatar
    Thanks

My opinion, I say it's inevitable that there is life on other plants/out there. Life = bacteria, all things of that. Hell I think there is a possibility that there is life out there, almost kinda like humans (Kind of like Star Wars, just subtracing all the cool space technology stuff). Then again, who knows? Not us, that's for sure- not yet at least.

"And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor
    Shall be lifted — nevermore!"

Mage of Eternity Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage's Avatar
    Thanks

If I remember correctly, I believe that some scientists believe that the chances of the earth bein' the only planet capable of sustainin' life is 1 in a Billion against that bein' true. Meanin' that there is a greater chance that there r other life-forms on other planets than not. The real debate is whether or not those other life-forms r intelligent and capable of creatin' technology equal to or greater than our own.

Sanity doesn't exist, it's just an excuse cooked up by crazy people to justify their actions. My myspace page: www.myspace.com/joemage

Nisou Tenshi Hot Shots Champion, Elroy Learns To Fly Champion, Daves Castle Hunt Champion, Mom-Jongg! Champion, Uncle Sam Champion Priestess Angel may be famous one day Priestess Angel may be famous one day Priestess Angel's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Mage View Post
    If I remember correctly, I believe that some scientists believe that the chances of the earth bein' the only planet capable of sustainin' life is 1 in a Billion against that bein' true. Meanin' that there is a greater chance that there r other life-forms on other planets than not. The real debate is whether or not those other life-forms r intelligent and capable of creatin' technology equal to or greater than our own.
    Good point, so I think I will add a question to this thread. If you do believe there is life on other planets, then do you believe in the possibility of other planets having life forms as intelligent and evolved as our own if not more?

Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Priestess Angel View Post
    Good point, so I think I will add a question to this thread. If you do believe there is life on other planets, then do you believe in the possibility of other planets having life forms as intelligent and evolved as our own if not more?
    I believe it is true. But I doubt that we will find any in our life time if not for hundreds upon hundreds of years. But finding primitive life, like single celled organisoms, I truly believe we will find those much sooner.
    I hear that there is another moon around... Was it Saturn or Jupiter? I think it was Saturn... Any ways its of the two gas giants that one of their moons has river and lakes of liquid Methain. But get this, the liquid Methain is not completely liquid its more like goo. Scientists are not sure as to what to classify it. Its not a solid but its sure not a liquid either. Its strange because Methain here on Earth is only found in a Gas, Liquid, or a Solid (frozen). Not something in between. Pluss it holds vast amount of organic material (Amino Acids) which very well could spawn life. The theary is that it was believed that this moon was in its early stages of developing life. I think the moon was Titen. I say if there is life in OUR solar system, the chances are very high that it would be on Titen.

Here is a hyper link for more info. Check out other sites about Titen that are more up todate.
    Saturn's Moon Titan
    Last edited by Scourge; Jan 31, 2008 at 10:20 AM.

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Mage View Post
    You beat me to it, Mr. Mage! I was gonna say the same exact thing. I watched a video on PS3 that my cousin downloaded that speaks of how big the universe is and the possibility of life on other planets. I don't remember measurements, so the size of the universe I'll be leaving out; HOWEVER...

The Hubble Telescope has taken pictures of the universe as far as 70 billion lightyears away. What it captured in those picutres are hundreds of galaxies with trillions of stars inside of them. Each galaxy with it's own number of solar systems; almost each star with planets orbiting it. THAT'S OVER 600 BILLION PLANETS!!! The chances of Earth being the only planet able to sustain life are slim to none. There are just too many galaxies and too many stars with solar systems around them to say that there is no intelligent life outside of Earth.

The reason we don't know if there is life outside our own solar system is because most galaxies are hundreds of lightyears away. One single lightyear is the measurment of time it takes for the light to travel. If light takes one year to get from point A to point B, then it took one lightyear to get there. (Mind you the speed of light is a small fraction of a second.) So if a planet that has life on it is 75 billion lightyears away, by the time someone left from that planet and arrived at ours, we wouldn't even be alive. 75 billion years... We'd have probably gone through several stages of evolution by the time they would get here.

So, we can't necessarily prove the existence of life on other planets... Yet. But there will come a time where we'll have the technology to travel to other worlds without taking billions of lightyears to get there--like a worm hole or something--and we'll see with our own eyes just what lies beyond the beyond.

Otaku Zeikku Shadow is off to a good start Zeikku Shadow's Avatar
    Where the frozen tears from the heavens paint everything white.
    Thanks

I believe there is life everywhere, not just Earth.

Life exists in many forms, in many places here on planet Earth. Why would anyone assume that even the possibility of life anywhere other than Earth is impossible. Such an assumption is nothing short of audacity.

For anyone to contemplate the idea that when everything came into existence as we know it, that all life forms localized themselves strictly to Earth is sheer hubris.

Doesn't matter if you follow the Big Bang theory, or any sort of theological line of creationism, life exists everywhere.

Just as there are lesser and greater forms of life on Earth, I am sure that there is life out there in the vastness of space. Life in forms lesser, equal, and possibly greater than humans here on Earth. After all at one time the dinosaurs were the chief life form of this planet.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 4 11 ... LastLast