+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Thread: Life on Other Planets

Newbie warrchief is off to a good start warrchief's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Life on Other Planets

If they can drill far enough to get away from Gamma ray Exposition, then life is very possible.

Oh I see what you did there.

Isn't much of a buddhist anymore... I can't help eating meat.

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Thats an interesting Theory, But if there was life on Venus, Even with the Sun Being even Hotter than it is at the moment then. Venus now has a Poisonous Atmosphere, and Temps overs 300C also with Constant Lava flow and Other Known Disturbances.

It seems Impossible for a smart being of life to live there.
    I think your right, Its rumored that Paris Hilton is from Venus.
    Europa is also a good possibility. NASA is proposing a mission to that moon with the possibility of trying to drill through the ice to the watery layer beneath.
    Hey, you know what the aliens said:

All these worlds are yours, except Europa. Attempt no landing there. Use them together. Use them in peace.

Also isn't the gravity too strong on Venus for life?

Pro Utilitate Hominum LordCastigator may be famous one day LordCastigator may be famous one day LordCastigator's Avatar
    You know that feeling, like you're being watched...
    Thanks

I'm not 100% about it, but I remember hearing somewhere that Venus is pretty close to what Earth was like when life first began, while Mars could be what Earth would become if aged enough, as long as Earth gets that old before the Sun expands & swallows up all the inner planets. So, if you think about it, Mars could have evidence of now extinct life, while Venus could have it's first single cell lifeforms coming to life as we...write?

I don't think Gravity would be a problem, since from memory it's essentially the same as Earth's, plus if life does form there, it'd have to be created to survive the local weather or die in no time. Survival of the fittest tells us, if you're not rigged to cope with your new home, you die pretty quick...

The Madman previously known as Daniel219

Wish I could get on here more often. *Sigh* The down side to night shift...

Newbie warrchief is off to a good start warrchief's Avatar
    Thanks

Gravity is a big deal for Humans. We need 101.8 Barometers of pressure on us or Our bones will collapse. Plus Venus inhospitable, at the moment. But Theories are always proven correct or wrong.

Oh I see what you did there.

Isn't much of a buddhist anymore... I can't help eating meat.

Pro Utilitate Hominum LordCastigator may be famous one day LordCastigator may be famous one day LordCastigator's Avatar
    You know that feeling, like you're being watched...
    Thanks

Inhospitable to us perhaps, but like I said earlier, if life was created there, it'd have to be adapted to that planet's situation or die very quickly. Who's to say what is extremely toxic to use wouldn't be what they breath?

Have you ever watched Evolution, with that guy who played Mulder on X Files ? That's the kinda thing I'm talking about, only told in an amusing way. Basically the aliens found out conditions toxic until they evolved to cope, despite the fact we need those exact conditions to live.

The Madman previously known as Daniel219

Wish I could get on here more often. *Sigh* The down side to night shift...

Devoted Otaku gamemaster331 is off to a good start gamemaster331's Avatar
    Thanks

Recently, NASA has discovered a way of detecting the elements of a planet by way of light. They have been able to study 2 so far in our galxy. One of them seems to have the basic minerals that are believed to have formed the first RNA here on Earth.
    "What part of Evil don't you understand?"

Newbie ketsueki Tenshu is off to a good start ketsueki Tenshu's Avatar
    Thanks

Now here's something for a reply... Are we speaking of just life, or actual intellegent life? Another possible society or organization of a populace? Another Civilization? Or are we talking about just simple life, fungi and such.

Only those who put their mind to it, can recive all the power available to them

Nisou Tenshi Hot Shots Champion, Elroy Learns To Fly Champion, Daves Castle Hunt Champion, Mom-Jongg! Champion, Uncle Sam Champion Priestess Angel may be famous one day Priestess Angel may be famous one day Priestess Angel's Avatar
    Thanks

Now here's something for a reply... Are we speaking of just life, or actual intellegent life? Another possible society or organization of a populace? Another Civilization? Or are we talking about just simple life, fungi and such.
    I started out this thread asking the question if you believe there is a possibility that there could be life on other planets. Than I later added another question which was, if you do believe that there could be life on other planets do you believe that there is a possibility that the organisms could be as evolved as us if not more?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast