+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 14 15 16 17

Thread: Life on Other Planets

Pro Utilitate Hominum LordCastigator may be famous one day LordCastigator may be famous one day LordCastigator's Avatar
    You know that feeling, like you're being watched...
    Thanks

Re: Life on Other Planets

Damn, still going. Interesting. It has been a while, so I'll just quickly sum up what I've said so far. Not sure why, but I'm in the mood to.

Me, I tend to keep my mind open about this stuff. The way I see it, you would be a bit cocky to think we're the only living thing in this infinitely huge thing we call the universe, & that's to say there isn't other versions out there, other dimensions or realities if you will. With all that potential room to grow, & how well life has thrived in the most hostile places on this planet, I can't see how life couldn't be some where out there. Sure, it may or may not be anything above single cell organisms, or even still be organic by the time we find it, with fossilized remains still signs of life, but it's still out there.

I can even see the possibility that they are advanced enough to have mastered long ranged space flight & maybe even have visited out little rock. Reports of sightings have been around for a very long time, apparently peaking during the time the first nuclear weapons were being developed. Seems all those nuclear booms were attracting a bit of attention, after all, it was proof we'd cracked open a huge power source, the atom itself. Mind you, I can be skeptical about the pics & stories themselves, after all, it doesn't take a genius to think it up or alter an picture. Still, we are developing technologically quite quickly, & if they are watching, maybe they're trying to work out how long it'll be until they can park in the White House gardens & broker up some deal. I say the White House cause that's always what happens in the movies. No wait, isn't it usually the first to get blown up...

Just kidding...

The Madman previously known as Daniel219

Wish I could get on here more often. *Sigh* The down side to night shift...

Devoted Otaku gamemaster331 is off to a good start gamemaster331's Avatar
    Thanks

Sci Fi did a series of documentaries on certain UFO sightings awhile back. They were combining the UFO propoganda with actual scientific research. Even some of the scientist who didn't really believe in UFOs were pondering some of the evidence after some of those. By the way, whether you believe everything they're talking about or not, you might want to check out UFO Hunters. I think it's still on the History Channel.
    "What part of Evil don't you understand?"

Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Thanks

Do I believes that we have been visited before by advanced alien life, sure, there is no reason as to why at least one ET has not visited us at least once, or may be a few times. But do I believe in all of the UFO sittings? No, I believe that most of them are complete bull dooky. Probably about 10 to 15% may be even 20% just to give some the benefit of the doubt that supposed sightings are real, but that sill leaves 90, 85, to 80% completely made up, just because it makes a good story.

Also the "little green men" alien bodies that some say they have seen and discovered... I believe to be biological machines which would explain certain physical characteristics, like having no clear reproductive organs what so ever as described by so called witnesses. Also, would you send some one of your own species to do studies on a race as unpredictable and prone to violence as ours? I think not. So what’s the next best step? Send a machine that looks like you, or in this case a biological one.
    Last edited by Scourge; Jun 03, 2008 at 06:31 AM.
    "MY DEAR... I GIVE YOU THE CAPELLAN CONFEDERATION"
    AND THUS THE WAR WAS STARTED NOT BY GUN SHOT BUT BY WEDDING BELLS

Devoted Otaku gamemaster331 is off to a good start gamemaster331's Avatar
    Thanks

You know, Scourge, you make an excellent point about the UFO sightings. I, too, would say that a good 80% or so are either hoaxes or cases of mistaken identity (plasma balls, aircraft, ball lightning, etc.). But even some skeptics (when they're really being rational about the subject) admit that there are those sightings that can't be easily explained away.
    "What part of Evil don't you understand?"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 14 15 16 17